• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Did they both play behind the same o line today?
    No but that INT was a bad throw. Just didn't make good decisions.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Stick is a rook so Of Course he didn't look amazing behind our shit o line lol.Duh!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

If Stick is going to stick to the final 53, he needs to pick up his play the next two games. Kordell outplayed him vs. the Saints, made better decisions, and no picks.

Comment

• Big Dog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Twitter for iPhone

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Yet he still played dumb at the end of the half. Oh well, third QB, whadaya gonna do?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
              I think if Stick was in our system for 2-3 years, he would most probably do better than Cardale. Still, I have to admit, Cardale did have his best game vs. the Saints. He did have some high throws, but some of those he was hurried into by our porous O-line...

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sure did. Stick didnt look good today.
                Stick is actually a rookie while Jones barely looked better after 4 years in the NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Stick is actually a rookie while Jones barely looked better after 4 years in the NFL.
                  Understood. I think Cardale should be cut in favor of Stick. We are talking about the 3rd string QB here.
                  ​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Im wondering if we go with 2 QBs again this year. Roster spots are at a premium. Either Stick or Cardell to PS. Stick needs to show more passing skills.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Cardale don't have PS options anymore

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

That was definitely the best I have seen Cardale Jones play. He finally looked like he knew what to do when someone did something that wasn't vanilla. He read a couple of blitzes and knew what to do and how to make some plays. The TD throw was great, but it was mostly because the OL did a good job of picking up the blitz, so he only had to deal with the hot rusher, and he just had to put the ball up and did it accurately because of the protection.

Now, that being said, I still don't think he is accurate enough to keep. He is slowly coming along. Too slowly. He also missed some easy passes out there. Some of his better passes are probably not completions vs starting DB/LB. The throw to Culkin was throwing into double coverage. It was a nice effort, and if this was his first season, it would be a good starting point. But unless he can really start building on this performance with 2 more even better, it's time to move on.

Stick's stats aren't very good and he was definitely off. He missed the window on his couple of his deep throws (late). He had a couple of nice throws downfield situationally. His int was just a throw that didn't go where he wanted it to. But he was struggling with the pass protection and the OL kept putting us behind on down and distance by allowing penetration on running plays and holding on pass protection. HE recognized that in a real game, the way to get them to stop is to pass them out of the 8 man front with the extra DB's coming on the blitz. They had our OL confused, and they struggled to adjust to blitzes and DL games all day.

I think Stick has a good chance to make it through to being a PS guy. He is playing well, but not so well. Only half of the teams in the NFL carry a 3rd QB, so there are only even 16 teams who are going to consider him, and of those teams like NO and others will be looking to keep their own guys, not bring in someone who can't even run the scout team in practice for a week or two.

Comment

• Joy Division
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Stick is Gawd!

In all seriousness, I'd like to see Stick play in the 2nd rotation and Cardale in the 3rd to get a better gauge on both of them.
                          Me personally from what I've seen, I'd stick with Stick and wish well for Cardale elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X