3 steps to success: News beginnings or Philip Rivers' swan song?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    he went to where the money was because no one else in the league thought he was worth it.
    Can't this be said about basically every FA signed?

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      How is this hard to grasp. He signed BEFORE Ingram got hurt. Ingram, JJ, English are the top 3. Barnes would of been 4th string. Get it? He and English pretty much split defensive snap scraps last season. Would of been the same without the injury.

He is currently starting in NY. That wasn't an option on this team at the time. You don't get to make an argument after the fact like you predicted Ingram would blow out his ACL.
      Yeah, and the other OLBs on the roster were JJ and English. He was ahead of English last year (and behind Phillips while we are at it).

I expect the Jest to use him like we did last year, as a guy who is more suited to rushing the passer than for stopping the run. Changing teams rarely changes the basics.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        Can't this be said about basically every FA signed?
        Been a relatively fundamental point for me for quite some time. But people hate it when I point it out. Funny, eh?

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

How is this hard to grasp. He signed BEFORE Ingram got hurt. Ingram, JJ, English are the top 3. Barnes would of been 4th string. Get it? He and English pretty much split defensive snap scraps last season. Would of been the same without the injury.

He is currently starting in NY. That wasn't an option on this team at the time. You don't get to make an argument after the fact like you predicted Ingram would blow out his ACL.
          Oh shit. I didn't read this entirely before answering it. Shit. I mean. Really. Shit. 4th string??? Shit. I mean... fuck...

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Oh shit. I didn't read this entirely before answering it. Shit. I mean. Really. Shit. 4th string??? Shit. I mean... fuck...
            Jiggling Jewel logo:
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              Jiggling Jewel logo:
              Best part of my night.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                Jiggling Jewel logo:
                :Jyles Tucker logo
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  :Jyles Tucker logo
                  I'd rather have the Jewel jiggling boobies myself. Shit, she could be off key and I would still be a happy camper.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

:slowclap:

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Been a relatively fundamental point for me for quite some time. But people hate it when I point it out. Funny, eh?
                      Yet, still, you continue to bring it up as a major reason you dislike the Freeney signing. You do like the Denver Vasquez signing when Vasquez went to where the money was because no one in the league thought he was worth it. Just a bit contradictory, but if you can use it to bash TT, that's no big deal.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I see we are back to the Barnes topic. Still don't see how anyone would expect to see him resign with us to be the 4th string OLB vs. a chance to start with the Jets. I would of loved to see him come back, but I think it's naive to think if given a choice he would have come back.
                        I would have used him exactly we are going to use Freeney. Call him the 4th string DE or OLB if you want, but he would be on the field for more then half our snaps. I would have played him opposite Ingram, so he is basically a starter with JJ playing in the base D and English being the sub. But maybe that is why I don't get to run a pro football team.

Ingram is the guy I would want to use significantly differently when he comes back. Maybe that doesn't happen right away, maybe they let him develop as a classic 34 OLB first. But Ingram is a mix of outside guy, inside guy. I don't think he is that special in any one area. What makes him special is that he can be a Karl Mecklenburg type of rush LB. Moves around, lines up everywhere and can attack any part of an offense. He just needs his technique to catch up with his physical abilities first. But with the development of Reyes and Liuget, there is probably not much chance of that now.

Comment

Working...
                        X