• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersFan78
    Ossss
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Thank you so much! What a season to go and relive.
    Is the folder accessible? This is the first time I've tried this method before.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersFan78 View Post

Is the folder accessible? This is the first time I've tried this method before.
      Yes

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I have been working on a side project lately of taking all of the Chargers games that I videotaped on VHS as a kid and converting them to digital content that I can save in my Google Drive cloud storage. I taped every game of the 1994 Super Bowl season, and have been converting those games and have posted a couple of them to YouTube. I wanted to share the links with you, just in case you may be interested. These games are very rare and to my knowledge have not previously been posted to YouTube. Here's what I have uploaded so far:

1994 Week 1, Chargers at Denver. A thrilling come-from-behind win in a stadium where the Chargers hardly ever won.

The San Diego Chargers and Denver Broncos face off in an exciting shootout to kick off the 1994 season.

1994 week 17, Pittsburgh Steelers at Chargers. The final game of the regular season, and the Chargers needed to win it in order to secure a first-round bye.

The Pittsburgh Steelers visit the San Diego Chargers on Christmas Eve 1994 in the final game of the regular season. The Chargers must win the game in order t...

I plan on posting every game from the 1994 season over the next couple of weeks. Hope you guys enjoy.
        Wow, nice job, Fan! Good old Stan Diego...great memories!!!!

Comment

• ChargersFan78
          Ossss
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Just added to the folder:

Week 9 vs. Seattle. The 6-1 Chargers try to extend their AFC West lead as they take on the division rival Seahawks.

Note: The folder now includes all but one game from 1994 (the Week 3 game at Seattle.) I will continue to search for this game. In the meantime, enjoy!

Comment

• Joy Division
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Watching the Week 1 game vs. Denver I notice that every 3 plays or so I see something that would be called a penalty now.
            Horse collars, hits below the knees, helmet to helmet, basically any hit on a quarterback, receivers getting lit up. None of that flies now. Too bad.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
              Watching the Week 1 game vs. Denver I notice that every 3 plays or so I see something that would be called a penalty now.
              Horse collars, hits below the knees, helmet to helmet, basically any hit on a quarterback, receivers getting lit up. None of that flies now. Too bad.
              Yeah, the NFL sux now. Can't stand seeing flags every other play.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Listening in the beginning you can tell Alex Spanos had more passion for this team than his son Dean.

1988 SD Chargers Yearbook

Comment

• ChargersFan78
                  Ossss
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Just added:

Week 16 @ the New York Jets. The 9-5 Chargers look to clinch the 1994 AFC West title in chilly New York against Boomer Esiason and the New York Jets.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                    Listening in the beginning you can tell Alex Spanos had more passion for this team than his son Dean.

1988 SD Chargers Yearbook
                    I have to admit I lost track of the team in those years, I kinda followed them but not closely, dont blame me, college, girls and fun had my attention me in those years... I am truly surprised Darren Flutie played for the Chargers... and yes, Alex Spanos seemed to be more passionate, as always, its the father the driving force, the kiddies got it easy...

Comment

• ChargersFan78
                      Ossss
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Just added!

The Week 3 game at Seattle has now been added to the folder. This is the game in which both teams came in at 2-0, and the Chargers pulled off a big win. Stanley Richard had a 73-yard INT return for a touchdown, and Stan Humphries connected with Tony Martin for a huge 99-yard touchdown pass. I have been searching for this game for years, and I finally found a Seahawks game collector who sold it to me. Now it is in the folder for you all to watch for free! Enjoy

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Is there a Youtube link to all of the games you have uploaded? Or do you just click on your name and get everything you have uploaded? I only see 3 games.

And im asking because if you ever make a clean folder or playlist of these games and thats all that is there with your youtube account....ill link it up to our "Team Info" drop down.

Be cool to have a dedicated youtube channel to classic games.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I have been working on a side project lately of taking all of the Chargers games that I videotaped on VHS as a kid and converting them to digital content that I can save in my Google Drive cloud storage. I taped every game of the 1994 Super Bowl season, and have been converting those games and have posted a couple of them to YouTube. I wanted to share the links with you, just in case you may be interested. These games are very rare and to my knowledge have not previously been posted to YouTube. Here's what I have uploaded so far:

1994 Week 1, Chargers at Denver. A thrilling come-from-behind win in a stadium where the Chargers hardly ever won.

The San Diego Chargers and Denver Broncos face off in an exciting shootout to kick off the 1994 season.

1994 week 17, Pittsburgh Steelers at Chargers. The final game of the regular season, and the Chargers needed to win it in order to secure a first-round bye.

The Pittsburgh Steelers visit the San Diego Chargers on Christmas Eve 1994 in the final game of the regular season. The Chargers must win the game in order t...

I plan on posting every game from the 1994 season over the next couple of weeks. Hope you guys enjoy.
                          Cool.... thanks..... brings back memories......that was a great entertaining season ..... and in every one of our 11 regular season wins, and playoff wins, we were behind at halftime only to come out in 2nd half and make some kind of big play, KR, PR, INT, Fumble recovery, long bomb, etc that seemed to ignite team to come from behind victory.......

even in SB against far superior 49er team, we were behind at the half, and but we returned opening kickoff in 2nd half for a TD making it a temporary 14 point game....... team was not good enough but they never quit..... that is why maybe Ross was best coach we ever had...... got the most out of a less than great team...... and a gritty, tough QB.....

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍