• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And Gruden at it again. They signed QB Desean Kizer and now have 4 QBs on the roster. Kizer is awful. No idea why he would want him but Gruden is QB stupid that way. Mayock should of just told him no.

They need LBs as they only kept 5 but things like this is why the Raiders will stay mediocre.
    Yup. That franchise is a joke. I really feel like they're going to crash and burn when they come to Vegas. Gruden and his inept personnel decisions and his inability to adapt to today's game is going to sink them for years to come. And most folks in Vegas already have a football team allegiance if they're a fan. So trying to steal those fans away when your product is complete garbage is gonna be tough.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Zub the scrub has no business on this team.
      :ygdr:

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yup. That franchise is a joke. I really feel like they're going to crash and burn when they come to Vegas. Gruden and his inept personnel decisions and his inability to adapt to today's game is going to sink them for years to come. And most folks in Vegas already have a football team allegiance if they're a fan. So trying to steal those fans away when your product is complete garbage is gonna be tough.
        True but the Raiders had a following here before they were announced to be coming here. Many people from CA are moving here as well so that will help them. Had they came here with a rebrand, i may have been a fan since the Chargers moved to LA. But since they didnt , not going to be a fan and stay he status quo of hoping they suck. Now im hoping we get a MLB team.

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

If you coined that, your a fucking genius....I love it!!
          Can't say if I'm the first or only, but I was inspired by the way that Chris Berman used to say it. And the DUH just fit so well with both the franchise and their overwhelming majority of clueless fans.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

He needs bodies on defense as they are short handed and released a DE to make room for Kizer. He had 5 QBs at one point on his roster at TB.
            That will generate a lot of points for them if they can talk the refs into giving them 5 balls to play with.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

True but the Raiders had a following here before they were announced to be coming here. Many people from CA are moving here as well so that will help them. Had they came here with a rebrand, i may have been a fan since the Chargers moved to LA. But since they didnt , not going to be a fan and stay he status quo of hoping they suck. Now im hoping we get a MLB team.
              True, but i still don't think there's enough of them to consistently sell out that stadium. Their only hope is that out of towners will want to come here to see a game much like opposing fans did in San Diego. But I really don't see local support taking off unless they are a winner. And knowing how bad ownership is and being tied to that dinosaur, Gruden for another 8 years. I simply can't see them turning things around.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

True, but i still don't think there's enough of them to consistently sell out that stadium. Their only hope is that out of towners will want to come here to see a game much like opposing fans did in San Diego. But I really don't see local support taking off unless they are a winner. And knowing how bad ownership is and being tied to that dinosaur, Gruden for another 8 years. I simply can't see them turning things around.
                Ill go....when the Chargers come to town.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Ill go....when the Chargers come to town.
                  I'm sure I'll go check it out, but I actually prefer to watch games at home. And I'm really curious to see what the plan for tailgating is, if there even is one.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

I get it its football you are talking and people love to talk about football... but its the friggin Raiders you are talking about its a waste of time.. unless you are worried about them, in that case we better get our asses ready instead of worrying about getting someone else's ass ready.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      I get it its football you are talking and people love to talk about football... but its the friggin Raiders you are talking about its a waste of time.. unless you are worried about them, in that case we better get our asses ready instead of worrying about getting someone else's ass ready.
                      :shrug:Not sure what you are responding to.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I would be a lot more supportive of Dzubnar if he was more of an ST ace. Guys like Hank Bauer or Steve Hendrickson. They tend to make a ton of plays on ST. Others like Andrew Gachkar, boring LB, but was an OK backup and great ST guy, so he added a lot more value to our team. Davis I get a bit more. He actually is not a bad run blocker, so he has some value on O.

Dzubnar is probably a leader in the ST room, but he averages about a tackle every other game and gets at least one personal foul call every (his rookie year he had 2 in his 1st game). Players, in general, are too lax about penalties, but starters on O and D, have lots of chances to overcome that in terms of value-added. Guys who just play on ST really don't.
                        agree...... if dzub was anything special, he would make it onto NFL network shows where they talk about great ST's, but he's not even special at that...... he's not like Bauer..... who made great ST plats every week and he was also a RB who could not be stopped in critical short yardage situations especially when the defense and everyone viewing knew he was getting the ball....

Comment

• Flchargersfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Seriously what kinda of football take is that? Honest or facetious?
                          we have 2 tackles that rate as bottom 5 in the NFL and a rookie project, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                          X