• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The Patriots

Gotta admit...they killed the draft. They are getting Gordon back. They have Gordon, Harry and Edelman in that WR core. They always are solid in the trenches. The run game will continue to get better. They are probably going to miss Gronk. Saferian Jenkins is a solid red zone presence.

Charger fans keep talking about the Chiefs....but the Pats are still looking like the Elephant in the living room to me.

The defense is their weakness. They have good players sprinkled in. Some of the best coaching around. They get by on defense. I dont think the addition of Bennett makes them that much better.

I hate them. But i think they are worth discussing,

How much of their dominance against us was fear? Were the coaches scared? Were the players scared? We looked like a deer in the headlights against them last year.

Anyways for years i have said teams are drafting to beat the Patriots. Colts did quite a bit of it. And to some degree i though we went to the Polian tree to do just that. Telseco is from that tree.

Thoughts on how we match up now after the draft and getting injured players back.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Patriots manage to maximize their players, no matter what the source. The law of averages never seems to apply to them. Some of their success though is due to the ineptitude of their divisional opponents, and a solid home field advantage. I think winning the division is still more important than projecting a match-up in the playoffs with the Patriots, and making your players accountable, and football smart is a good long term plan for dealing with all teams, not just the Pats.

Comment

• EnglishBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • UK
      • Send PM

I think after our first round pick we drafted based on the Patriots. Bosa and Ingram were taken out of the game, and we had zero interior pressure.

We lost that game because Tom Brady is unstoppable and they have experience in these types of situations. We have a young team who should hopefully grow this season.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

GOrdon? LOL .....he may not even be eligible to play seeing as he failed another test prior to leaving the team. Let's see what the league hands down, because it won't be just a handful of games. I will be surprised if he isn't suspended the entire season. And once he is eligible, for how long will it be? Dude has demons he can't exercise. Amazing talent, but 100% unreliable as a team mate.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I think what we saw against them this year was our team beaten and battered and out of gas going against a rested team with home field advantage and the best coaching staff in the league that excels at exploiting matchups. That game was not like some of our meltdowns in the past against them, it was a methodical dismantling that we had no answer for.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I think what we saw against them this year was our team beaten and battered and out of gas going against a rested team with home field advantage and the best coaching staff in the league that excels at exploiting matchups. That game was not like some of our meltdowns in the past against them, it was a methodical dismantling that we had no answer for.
            it was a terrible spot for a healthy team, and we didn't even have that. It's ok. We learn and progress. Building blocks.

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

lol, so a top O-line vs zero linebackers is Tom?

We outkicked our coverage in 2018.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

We are the team to beat in the AFC in 2019
                .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• chargers1316
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

The Patriots have capitalized on being in a division with opponents amongst the worst managed teams in football. As we know, the Dolphins passed on Brees twice...the draft and then free agency.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

The Pats are the best coached team in the NFL. Belicheck is a cheater but he's also a genius. While he is around the pats are going to be a tough out. They also have a really good home field advantage (fans and refs) which combined with their coaching makes them extremely tough in the playoffs.

We need to get home field advanatage if want to want to have a good chance to beat them. That means each game is going to be important. Our team as constructed is good enough to do it and I think with some veteran depth to the ok we have a really good chance to be the number 1 seed.
                    Last edited by Budsman; 05-06-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Gotta admit...they killed the draft. They are getting Gordon back. They have Gordon, Harry and Edelman in that WR core. They always are solid in the trenches. The run game will continue to get better. They are probably going to miss Gronk. Saferian Jenkins is a solid red zone presence.

Charger fans keep talking about the Chiefs....but the Pats are still looking like the Elephant in the living room to me.

The defense is their weakness. They have good players sprinkled in. Some of the best coaching around. They get by on defense. I dont think the addition of Bennett makes them that much better.

I hate them. But i think they are worth discussing,

How much of their dominance against us was fear? Were the coaches scared? Were the players scared? We looked like a deer in the headlights against them last year.

Anyways for years i have said teams are drafting to beat the Patriots. Colts did quite a bit of it. And to some degree i though we went to the Polian tree to do just that. Telseco is from that tree.

Thoughts on how we match up now after the draft and getting injured players back.
                      Last edited by Topcat; 05-06-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargers1316 View Post
                        The Patriots have capitalized on being in a division with opponents amongst the worst managed teams in football. As we know, the Dolphins passed on Brees twice...the draft and then free agency.
                        True but it doesn't matter who is in their division because they keep winning when they get to the playoffs and going to SBs.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍