• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

And did Brown come on enough before getting injured to secure a spot? If everybody is healthy at the end of TC...I can see him getting cut. He's not bad, but we may well end up with better. It would be a tough cut but there will be a few of those this year IMO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      And did Brown come on enough before getting injured to secure a spot? If everybody is healthy at the end of TC...I can see him getting cut. He's not bad, but we may well end up with better. It would be a tough cut but there will be a few of those this year IMO.
      Jatavis. Watkins. Geremy Davis. Detrez. Square. Virgil. Facyson.
      Tough cuts coming.
      Maybe one of these.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tough cuts coming.
        Maybe one of these.
        Probably a couple. We are that good.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Here's a thought I never thought I'd have. Davis is in competition with Dzub for a job.

Davis, Brown and White are all in competition for a job at Will. Are we keeping 3 Wills? Is there even a 3rd Will spot on a squad? Especially ours where we probably keep an extra QB, OT and WR.

So if Davis isn't the starter, he has to play special teams. Which puts him in direct competition with one of our ST aces, Dzubner. I thought Dzub was a certain cut. I'm not so certain now since I don't expect Davis to play teams.

Special teams tackles, 2018. Dzub was #9 in the NFL. Not to shabby.
          Kyzir & Davis will be on the field quite a bit together in our base .05.
          They both have the size, speed, instincts to eliminate TEs/RBs in the passing game (in zone or M2M) and be a force against the rungame.
          Ill be keeping an eye on Tranquill in TC. With his instincts/athleticism, he may push for snaps in certain packages/matchups.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tough cuts coming.
            Maybe one of these.
            If Roderic Teamer has a few preseason games with shutdown coverage and picks, I think Watkins could be cut. Bradley sure is high on Teamer. Sure hope Detrez doesn't get cut--he's produced every time he's been called on. And we'll need him for the post-Gordon committee. If the Bolts keep Cox, I'd rather cut Watt than Detrez.
            Last edited by Topcat; 07-17-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Roderic Teamer has a few preseason games with shutdown coverage and picks, I think Watkins could be cut. Sure hope Detrez doesn't get cut--he's produced every time he's been called on. And we'll need him for the post-Gordon committee. If the Bolts keep Cox, I'd rather cut Watt than Detrez.
              It will be crowded everywhere, even Oline.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I will go on record as saying i am 100% convinced Dzub is a goner. U don't spend that many resources to improve speed and talent at a position group and keep a ST player that is a huge negative on D. Also, pay attention to AL talking abiut the young guys being drafted to help ST this year.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Here's a thought I never thought I'd have. Davis is in competition with Dzub for a job.

Davis, Brown and White are all in competition for a job at Will. Are we keeping 3 Wills? Is there even a 3rd Will spot on a squad? Especially ours where we probably keep an extra QB, OT and WR.

So if Davis isn't the starter, he has to play special teams. Which puts him in direct competition with one of our ST aces, Dzubner. I thought Dzub was a certain cut. I'm not so certain now since I don't expect Davis to play teams.

0% chance if it comes down to Davis and Dzub that they keep Dzub. 0. There will he plenty of youth to play ST.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Another thought is that TT has forced the age of this team down. Last year, 4 UDFAs made the team. Most of the draft picks make the team every year. TT likes youth.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Davis is the type of player who could transition into coaching after he retires. He is a true leader/coach on the field. Seau was the same.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Rivers registers 2 open field tackles LOL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Honestly, i don't get the Dzubbie love on special teams. In my mind he's good to decent; nowhere near the player Karim Osgood was. I would literally throw up if Davis were cut in preseason, and the situation arises were enough safeties and linebackers are out and the coaching staff is forced to play Dzubner on D in a big game. This nausea would not be confined to me, i can assure you of that.

I still remember the Chargers missing out on that fumbled punt against KC in 2017 - biggest game of the year - because a Chiefs special teams player tossed Dzubner at the Charger posed to pick the fumble up. He's good for a few boneheaded plays on special teams each year.

Comment

Working...
                          X