• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Okung-Feeney-Pulley-Wiggins-Barksdale gave up the fewest sacks of any starting OL in the NFL in 2017.
    In 2018 the LAC OL were tied for 10th fewest sacks allowed and blocked for the 6th best scoring offense.
    I'm not worried in the slightest about the quality of talent in this year's OL. My concerns are everyone staying healthy, quality playcalling by Whis, and execution by the entire offense.
    There is obvious room for improvement. We did not win the SB. I'm hoping that RG Lamp helps the run game get back into the top 10. With a serious run threat, the passing game becomes more effectively deadly.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Stats aside, extremely worried about getting blanked for a half in NE. That needs fixing and happy stats won't do it.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Pats TOP was 38 minutes to our 21. Thats almost twice the amount of time. We were able to put up some points in that limited amount of time. I was actually shocked to go back and see they punted 4 times. if we can get them off the field and make the TOP a little more even its a different game.

A lot of breakdowns on the day. But no LBs. An exhausted D. Our offense keeping our D on the field way to much. Just a bad day. Bad coaching. Too many injuries to go into that game with. You cant lose an entire position group against the pats. They will expose it every time.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Our 2018 draftees can really make a huge impact this season.

The Chargers added a handful of rookies in the 2019 NFL draft. All attention has shifted towards them and how they are going to make an impact this upcoming season, but there are a number of player…

If healthy, Kyzir will make an impact on our D. He played exceptionally in his 3 games. Extrapolate his stats out for a full season would be about 100 TCKLS, 15 PD, 5 INTS. Love this kid's style of play!

The start to White's season was quite promising but unfortunately, it was cut short after suffering an ankle injury. Despite being a rookie, White took the starting WILL role by the middle of the preseason over Jatavis Brown. He started the Chargers' first three regular season games, totalling 17 tackles, three passes defensed and one interception.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Not sure what u mean by Lynn's definition. Can u post a link pls to save me looking?

They expect tevi to get better and rightfully so. He has very few reps as an OT (started at DL in college). they have watched his growth a lot more than we have. Big year for all 3.
            Here u go:

Chargers' Anthony Lynn Gives Update on Forrest Lamp

Chargers offensive guard Forrest Lamp is one of the most highly anticipated players after being the second-round selection in the 2017 NFL draft. An ACL tear is what kept the best offensive lineman from that draft class from seeing the field last season. Lamp has been healthy for months now and has yet to see more than one drive. The mystery surrounding the absence of Lamp has had a lot of people questioning why he hasn't played more. We finally have answers as coach Anthony Lynn provided some insight at media availability on Wednesday.

"It's hard to see right now because we're in season. You miss that training camp, you miss those OTAs - you don't want to throw a guy in a game and evaluate him when the game's on the line. So it's hard for Forrest right now, but he's back and working hard in practice. If an opportunity presents itself, we're going to get him in there," Lynn said, per ESPN's Eric D. Williams. Lamp saw his first NFL action against the 49ers this preseason and made his regular season debut against the Browns when Los Angeles was up big, so they decided to put the second-team in. He has been active for just two games this season and the rest have been healthy scratches.

Lynn pointed to the play of right guard Michael Schofield and the fact that he does not want to disrupt the chemistry up front. The decision is understanding given the fact that the offensive line has been at its best for the majority of this year, specifically the interior part of it. The tackles have been hit or miss as Joe Barksdale has dealt with injuries, Russell Okung hasn't been as sharp as recent years and Sam Tevi is still getting adjusted to getting more snaps, where he is excelling in run blocking but not so much in pass protection.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...-forrest-lamp/

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Stats aside, extremely worried about getting blanked for a half in NE. That needs fixing and happy stats won't do it.
              I'm convinced that a real key to beating the Pats is to rattle Brady early and often, especially with inside pressure. Even if he burns us a few times with a few nice completions, (and with Adderley back there now with our strong secondary, I don't think it will happen as much), make Brady pay for it with some pressures, hits and sacks.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Just thinking about the Pats here. You always hear about how weak that division is. And it makes some sense to think that they are always up so much against those teams that they can get younger players snaps and develop them through game experience. Not saying thats what has happened...just that i never really thought about development of players in that regard. Most teams will keep their starters in all game when games are close.

I would have to go back and look at point differentials over the years for the division...but it sure does make it easy to develop 2nd and 3rd tier players when your constantly winning big. We tend to keep games close. No matter how good or bad the opponent is. And when you have depth with experience behind your starters it makes it a lot easier to win late in the year.

I am just theorizing at this point. Never mind me.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm convinced that a real key to beating the Pats is to rattle Brady early and often, especially with inside pressure. Even if he burns us a few times with a few nice completions, (and with Adderley back there now with our strong secondary, I don't think it will happen as much), make Brady pay for it with some pressures, hits and sacks.
                  Thats how the Giants beat them.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Here u go:

Chargers offensive guard Forrest Lamp is one of the most highly anticipated players after being the second-round selection in the 2017 NFL draft. An ACL tear is what kept the best offensive lineman from that draft class from seeing the field last season. Lamp has been healthy for months now and has yet to see more than one drive. The mystery surrounding the absence of Lamp has had a lot of people questioning why he hasn't played more. We finally have answers as coach Anthony Lynn provided some insight at media availability on Wednesday.

"It's hard to see right now because we're in season. You miss that training camp, you miss those OTAs - you don't want to throw a guy in a game and evaluate him when the game's on the line. So it's hard for Forrest right now, but he's back and working hard in practice. If an opportunity presents itself, we're going to get him in there," Lynn said, per ESPN's Eric D. Williams. Lamp saw his first NFL action against the 49ers this preseason and made his regular season debut against the Browns when Los Angeles was up big, so they decided to put the second-team in. He has been active for just two games this season and the rest have been healthy scratches.

Lynn pointed to the play of right guard Michael Schofield and the fact that he does not want to disrupt the chemistry up front. The decision is understanding given the fact that the offensive line has been at its best for the majority of this year, specifically the interior part of it. The tackles have been hit or miss as Joe Barksdale has dealt with injuries, Russell Okung hasn't been as sharp as recent years and Sam Tevi is still getting adjusted to getting more snaps, where he is excelling in run blocking but not so much in pass protection.

Exactly what we said was the reason he didnt get a real shot last year. I thought u were.talking about something new. My bad..but it does highlight hiw big an offseason this is for Lamp to compete in TC for a starting job. I have faith he does exactly that.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Exactly what we said was the reason he didnt get a real shot last year. I thought u were.talking about something new. My bad..but it does highlight hiw big an offseason this is for Lamp to compete in TC for a starting job. I have faith he does exactly that.
                      Can't help but to think that's all alotta coach BS, seems every year we throw multiple OL into the mix, we had problems last year and could have easily thrown out any damn body IMHO. And for some reason Lamp did not get the call. If he wants to say, we wanted to give the guys playing more time to play better, fine. After all the years of watching players go down on this team, and then other players of all sorts starting in place of them, something major was still going on with Lamp last year. Hopefully with the extra months of rest and prep, he can challenge for a spot now.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Can't help but to think that's all alotta coach BS, seems every year we throw multiple OL into the mix, we had problems last year and could have easily thrown out any damn body IMHO. And for some reason Lamp did not get the call. If he wants to say, we wanted to give the guys playing more time to play better, fine. After all the years of watching players go down on this team, and then other players of all sorts starting in place of them, something major was still going on with Lamp last year. Hopefully with the extra months of rest and prep, he can challenge for a spot now.
                        Not really. OL is different from the DL where you can rotate players in and out. The OL as a whole need to work as a unit to do well. And for the first 3/4 of the season, they were doing well for the most part. The only time we did rotate OL was at RT with Tevi and Barksdale. But that was probably because Barksdale was on his way out anyways.

Something major did happen with Lamp last year. He was still rehabbing and wasn't fully healthy until halfway through the season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Here u go:

Thats an update? It really says nothing that we didn't already know. Looks like last year's quotes.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-23-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍