• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Looks pretty damn good in coverage too !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Absolutely. In the new digs. Maybe we can put together a TPB tailgate.
      I'll bring the BK tacos...
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Looks pretty damn good in coverage too !
        Indeed! It going to be a great year!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Lol, everybody's butthurt.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Las Vegas, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Absolutely. In the new digs. Maybe we can put together a TPB tailgate.
                Now that is a great idea!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Our Punter? Also has excelled as a PK. The combo skills make him an ideal fit.....
                  Chargers 90-in-90: P Ty Long

By Michael Peterson@ZoneTracks Jul 20, 2019, 10:00am PDT Share this story

SHARE Amber Searls-USA TODAY Sports
                  It's been a tumultuous few years for the Chargers and their special teams positions. Whether it's been the kicker, punter, or the guys returning the kicks, the Bolts haven't had a ton of stability.

With Michael Badgley looking like the long-term answer to the team's kicking woes, and Desmond King showing-out as the answer at kick/punt returner, the punter position is the last area the Chargers have to sure-up before they can feel 100% confident in their special teams unit.

Earlier this year on January 14th, the team signed former CFL standout Ty Long, who was named a CFL All-Star the previous two years in 2017 and '18. During the 2017 season with the BC Lions, Long converted 39/44 field goals while maintaining an average of 47.9 yards across 116 total punts. Following his 2018 season, where he converted 43/49 field goals and averaged 48.8 yards per punt (on 120 punts), Long was the Lions' nominee for CFL Most Outstanding Special Teams Player of the Year and overall Most Outstanding Player of the Year. Basic Info

Height: 6-2
                  Weight: 220
                  College: University of Alabama-Birmingham
                  Experience: 4
                  Years with team: 0 Contract Status

"Ty Long signed a 1 year, $495,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including an average annual salary of $495,000. In 2019, Long will earn a base salary of $495,000, while carrying a cap hit of $495,000." - Spotrac.com The Good

The acquisition of Long from the CFL gives the Chargers a younger talent at the position that already has a ton of experience while showing it wasn't just a one-year wonder situation.

His 48.8 average in 2018 would have ranked him 1st in the entire NFL last year ahead of Andy Lee (48.6, Cardinals), Michael Dickson (48.2, Seahawks), and Cameron Johnston (48.1, Eagles). The Bad

Not much to argue about since he's a punter but I guess one could worry that he wasn't able to make an NFL team right out of college but sometimes progress and improvement isn't linear. Odds of making the roster/What to expect in 2019

Unless UDFA punter Tyler Newsome out of Notre Dame surprises, I believe Long will win the starting job outright. With both guys new to the team, in general, I think the coaching staff will shy on the side of overall experience, and that arrow points to Long and his success n the CFL.

Fun Fact: Long holds the school record for converted field goals in a career (59) and longest field converted (54 yards, 2012 @ Ohio State).

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Yeah i was talking about this regarding Long. I think if you go to twitter and search Ty Long my tweet comes up. He can punt and back up Badley. Last year there were a lot of missed FGs across the league. And a few due to kickers getting hurt and punters missing kicks. But if Newsome outperforms him punting i hope they go with him. Had a CFL guy chime in on his net yards per punt.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Just getting the kicking game straightened out should mean two more wins.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

2019 Chargers Camp

The Los Angeles Chargers training camp will run from Thursday, July 25 to Friday, August 16 and will once again take place at Jack Hammett Sports Complex in Costa Mesa, CA. Bolt fans will have the opportunity to watch the Chargers practice in person, cheer on the players up close, learn about the new LA Stadium opening in 2020, and participate in a variety of exciting activities for the entire family.
                        • Greet your favorite Chargers players at the High Five Zone
                        • Learn about the Bolts new home - LA Stadium at Hollywood Park - opening in 2020
                        • Autograph opportunities with players, Charger Girls, Thunderbolts, and Lightning Crew
                        • Shop the latest Bolts gear at the Chargers Camp Team Store
                        • Music and entertainment with iHeart talent, DJs, and family-friendly activations
                        • Delicious food, beverages, and shaved ice on-site for purchase
                        • Shaded bleacher seating available on a first come, first served basis
                        • Military members and veterans are encouraged to show their military ID and be entered to win tickets to the Chargers pre-season game on August 24th versus the Seattle Seahawks

See below for the complete training camp schedule and sign up for free tickets today. Bolt Up! GET FREE TICKETS GET FREE TICKETS Back to School Supplies Drive!

Bring new school supplies for the upcoming school year. All donations will be taken to local Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

GET FREE TICKETS Back to School Supplies Drive!

Bring new school supplies for the upcoming school year. All donations will be taken to local Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

GET FREE TICKETS Youth & High School Football Day
                        GET FREE TICKETS GET FREE TICKETS Rams Joint Practice | American Red Cross Blood Drive

Click below to sign up to donate blood.

GET FREE TICKETS DONATE BLOOD Pet Adoption Day!

Camp goers are encouraged to come out and adopt one of Costa Mesa's most eligible adoptable dogs!

GET FREE TICKETS VIP/Season Ticket Members Only
                        LEARN ABOUT 2020 SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIPS GET FREE TICKETS GET FREE TICKETS Night Practice
                        GET FREE TICKETS VIP/Season Ticket Members Only
                        LEARN ABOUT 2020 SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIPS Saints Joint Practice | RETRO Sale

Game issued jerseys and other items for sale with ALL proceeds benefitting the Chargers Community Foundation

GET FREE TICKETS Saints Joint Practice
                        GET FREE TICKETS ADD TO CALENDAR All ages welcome. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Bleacher seating will be available to ticketed guests on a first come first served basis.

Your phone is your ticket. Mobile tickets are required for entry to all training camp open practices. No screenshot, PDF printouts, or on-screen PDF tickets will be allowed for entry. For more information on downloading and accessing your mobile tickets, click below.

MOBILE TICKETING

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017