• Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

He had 14 tackles in 2018.
    And yet when he wasn't in during the Patriots game, Mebane, Jones, Philon, and Square got eaten for lunch...

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

PFF's: Luiget (70), Philon (68), Mebane (66), Jones (52), Square (51.5)

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        PFF's: Luiget (70), Philon (68), Mebane (66), Jones (52), Square (51.5)
        I don't think the grade on Philon is accurate. Watching some of the games last year again especially the Ravens game, and it felt that Jones was definitely stouter against the run, while Philon was more of a liability.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yeah, I get a bit skeptical with all the made up stats. I know theres some value to them I just dont know if it needs to be made more complicated than it is. I'm not saying we were the worst rush D or anything but saying we were top 10 is a stretch. We were middle of the pack at best and we had real holes that I feel like we haven't really filled. I agree about the health being a big factor but Im not sure we did much to address that. Perryman who I love the 50% of the time hes out there (I dont know the exact snap count I'm just making a point) but it just feels like up the middle will be another weak part of this defense. I just really wish Telesco would address the middle of the line with some veteran beef and some MLB quality depth. Ill be rooting for the miracle healthy year from Perryman and if we get it it just might help us go all the way.
          I think having Thomas Davis there will help, along with the growth of young guys like Justin Jones who did admirably filling in. He was a major reason we were able to stop the Ravens run game the second time. He just needs to work on consistency. In terms of depth at MLB, Tranquill has played all three LB positions, so I suspect that he'll be in the running to back up Perryman. Brown also had the versatility to play MLB last year.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I think having Thomas Davis there will help, along with the growth of young guys like Justin Jones who did admirably filling in. He was a major reason we were able to stop the Ravens run game the second time. He just needs to work on consistency. In terms of depth at MLB, Tranquill has played all three LB positions, so I suspect that he'll be in the running to back up Perryman. Brown also had the versatility to play MLB last year.
            From everything I've read tranquil is less of a mauler run stuffer and more of a finesse pass defense lb. I would be pleasantly surprised to be wrong. I also love brown but let's be honest he's undersized and injury prone as well. He's also not the type of lb that strikes fear into opposing run games. Jones is solid but not the type of player who can own the middle of the defense and dont get me started on if jones gets hurt, maybe they'll put a dB on the line.

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Not sure we really addressed our run defense this offseason. I like Tillery and mebane but this run defense was bad last year for a reason and Tillery isn't the second coming of Suh or anything. Square is a meh depth signing.
              I'm hoping that a healthy Perryman and White along with Thomas Davis will address some of those concerns. Of course all three of those guys are Injury concerns.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

From everything I've read tranquil is less of a mauler run stuffer and more of a finesse pass defense lb. I would be pleasantly surprised to be wrong. I also love brown but let's be honest he's undersized and injury prone as well. He's also not the type of lb that strikes fear into opposing run games. Jones is solid but not the type of player who can own the middle of the defense and dont get me started on if jones gets hurt, maybe they'll put a dB on the line.
                He's a converted safety, so that would make sense

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡