Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Telesco likes to target players specifically with injury history and then fans get surprised when this team leads the league in injuries lol.
    So TT/Staff should only scout, draft, or sign FAs who have never had an injury?
    If players, with no previous injury history, get injured while in a Bolt uniform is that TT’s fault?
    What injured “targets” have been busts compared to their draft positions?

With TT at the helm we’ve had 4 winning season and 2 losing seasons,
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Except,....we aren't leading the league in injuries.
      Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story!

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If players, with no previous injury history, get injured while in a Bolt uniform is that TT’s fault?

He was hired to build SB roster and so far he hasn't accomplished that feat. If we miss the playoffs, it'll be 2 playoffs appearances in 7 seasons, which I don't need to tell you is unacceptable. I am of the opinion that if we miss the playoffs this year that next year HAS to be a make it or break it season for this entire front office.

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story!
          Wait wut. Lol aren’t you the one always talking about how injuries are the reason why the Chargers suck?

You’re flip flopping now?
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Wait wut. Lol aren’t you the one always talking about how injuries are the reason why the Chargers suck?

You’re flip flopping now?
            We aren’t the most injured team in the league. Injuries have affected us. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Tillery was on the damn inactive list against the Jags?

I don’t think any other team in the NFL got less production out of their first 2 rookies drafted than the Chargers this season.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Tillery was on the damn inactive list against the Jags?

I don’t think any other team in the NFL got less production out of their first 2 rookies drafted than the Chargers this season.
                Man this seems like STAR WARS Long A TIME AGO IN A FAR DISTANT GALAXY.....................................

I thought for sure we were going to be something special on Defense, but still not that bad on defense we are #4 in yards allowed and #8 in points allowed. I recall thinking we could be dominate if Tillery came in help shored up the run D, and Justin Jones was supposed to have taken his game up, and Adderly was going the FS that was going to make plays giving us the Best Safeties combo with him and James.

Then Reality James injury, Adderly injury, Trevor Williams injury, Justin Jones injury, Adrian Phillips injury. All these changed the course of the season and we are still 4th ranked in yards per game and 8th in points allowed.

I think if we had these players we have easliy 4 more wins now, while Micheal Davis CB is out early if Trevor Williams is in instead Fayscon, James is a difference maker that can't be understated and he can handle any TE, Adderly one thing we know for sure he has range, so maybe those games we lost where Rivers has to take us for game winning or game tying score never comes to that because we have a difference maker in James, Adderly and Tillery make a play or two.

I wonder what our record would be inspite of the offense flaws, would be if had our full compliment of players on D one can only wonder.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Man this seems like STAR WARS Long A TIME AGO IN A FAR DISTANT GALAXY.....................................

I thought for sure we were going to be something special on Defense, but still not that bad on defense we are #4 in yards allowed and #8 in points allowed. I recall thinking we could be dominate if Tillery came in help shored up the run D, and Justin Jones was supposed to have taken his game up, and Adderly was going the FS that was going to make plays giving us the Best Safeties combo with him and James.

Then Reality James injury, Adderly injury, Trevor Williams injury, Justin Jones injury, Adrian Phillips injury. All these changed the course of the season and we are still 4th ranked in yards per game and 8th in points allowed.

I think if we had these players we have easliy 4 more wins now, while Micheal Davis CB is out early if Trevor Williams is in instead Fayscon, James is a difference maker that can't be understated and he can handle any TE, Adderly one thing we know for sure he has range, so maybe those games we lost where Rivers has to take us for game winning or game tying score never comes to that because we have a difference maker in James, Adderly and Tillery make a play or two.

I wonder what our record would be inspite of the offense flaws, would be if had our full compliment of players on D one can only wonder.
                  I cannot agree with you more. But this is all part of being a Charger fan. It seems every time we are supposed to be good, injuries, holdouts or players/coaches go stupid and derail the supposed to be good season. Everyone will write the Chargers off as a fluke in 2018 and say 2019 is how we were supposed to be and not expect anything in 2020. So by Charger standards we should be pretty good next year.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

How about get coaches to teach tackling. Maybe then our defense would be great and avoid injuries. #launchingsaftyaddai

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Tijuana
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Get it right will ya?!?!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Get it right will ya?!?!
                        :lol:

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan