Underrated Players - Desmond King (and Tyrell Williams)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Tyrell also doesn't get off of press coverage very well.

He has gotten a lot better at fighting for contested passes. Still needs some work, but he used to just give up and let the DB have it.

Comment

• ~sdc
      PURA VIDA
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
      Yeah, Ty Will got a huge pay day, a lot more than the Bolts can invest in a #3 receiver. Mike Williams needs to convince me though that he was the better choice over Ty Will.
      Big Mike is a man. Some people are still butt hurt that we drafted him. I never understood that mindset. Big Mike isn't compelled to convince you of jack shit.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

Big Mike is a man. Some people are still butt hurt that we drafted him. I never understood that mindset. Big Mike isn't compelled to convince you of jack shit.
        When I watched Mike Williams in person, during warmups @ OAK,
        it was immediately apparent why we drafted him.

Here is a potentially dominating, PR friendly weapon.

MW is developing a deep connection with Phil !
        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 05-25-2019, 07:04 AM.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

he doesn't have to.... Ryan Ramczyk already did.

ps. eye know you were won over by your Gurley love, and wish you well in your propping up Big Mike.
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Mike williams is going to get more balls his way this year. He will BEAST. +1000 yds and +12 tds. his confidence grew all year. His rapport with rivers and rivers trust in him is on the rise. He is a way better receiver than twill. By the end of the season the Bolts will have the acknowledged best wr duo in the NFL. My.02
            think Williams has similar stats to his last season.... doesn't break 700 yards and will likely get to 10 TDs again, albeit doubt he goes for much if any more than that.

and rapport w/Rivers is based on ability to get open on a regular basis.... he is not that guy.... not the route runner that Keenan is nor many of the past top ten draft picks.... (Keenan is the first round talent, MW a day two/third round talent).

and (very) doubtful that TWill doesn't have the better stats than MW.

and Bolts duo will prolly be top ten.... unfortunately not the best, nor top five.

Cantrell comes on, Hunter comes back, Ekeler emerges once again, and.... throw Virgil the damn ba!!
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-quarterback-to-receiver-tandems-in-the-nfl-for-2019?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campai gn=cjaff&cjevent=cdc9ebc97f8111e980a502190a1c0e11

MW >> Keenan ??

Comment

• ~sdc
                PURA VIDA
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

he doesn't have to.... Ryan Ramczyk already did.

ps. eye know you were won over by your Gurley love, and wish you well in your propping up Big Mike.
                Still a Gurley man. Big Mike did something that I have never seen before. He created a mismatch that Satan had no answer for.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

Mike Williams really was a rookie last year and honestly in his first year well exceeded TWill. Mike has instinct and size that Twill has been tring to match after more years. Granted a udfa he did well. Mike has #1 ability and it showed well in his first year.

With Henry back this offense really has all the talent on passcatchers it needs. If we get the runblocking in place we will be tough to beat.

that said.....King was a steal and has been solid in whatever asked of him.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think Williams has similar stats to his last season.... doesn't break 700 yards and will likely get to 10 TDs again, albeit doubt he goes for much if any more than that.

and rapport w/Rivers is based on ability to get open on a regular basis.... he is not that guy.... not the route runner that Keenan is nor many of the past top ten draft picks.... (Keenan is the first round talent, MW a day two/third round talent).

and (very) doubtful that TWill doesn't have the better stats than MW.

and Bolts duo will prolly be top ten.... unfortunately not the best, nor top five.

Cantrell comes on, Hunter comes back, Ekeler emerges once again, and.... throw Virgil the damn ba!!
                    This coming from the guy that wanted to burn our top 2 picks on Stidham a n d Love....

EDIT: Both may have futures in the league. But both were there on day 3 as i predicted and actuakky wnet in the rds i thought they would. Wouls have bewn a colossal waste of draft equity.

I also predicted double digit TDs for mike williams befire last season started. Just sayin'.....
                    Last edited by Panamamike; 05-26-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Comparing stats is not a very good way to compare Tyrell to Mike.

If we get the season we hope for, it may almost be a foregone conclusion.

If the Chargers are playing upper echelon D, good O, and protecting leads, we may not throw a lot. That would lead to a case where we might have a lot of weapons, but not enough passes to go around. Hunter might well be a red zone target that we missed last year. Eckler got hurt later on. Newsome and Jackson hopefully won't get a ton of production, but if we are protecting a lead and give them mop-up action late in games, that could be a fair amount of production away from other positions.

However, if the Raiders are forced to continue to throw the ball, if for no other reason than to shut up AB, then TWilliams may be a big part of an offense that throws a lot of passes and doesn't have many weapons besides himself and AB.

Tyrell Willaims did a good job of developing from low-level college guy to a pretty solid WR. Not great, and he still has work to do, but not bad considering where he started. I don't see why Mike Williams can't also continue to develop his release vs press coverage and his route running and develop as a WR as well.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                        Mike Williams really was a rookie last year and honestly in his first year well exceeded TWill. Mike has instinct and size that Twill has been tring to match after more years. Granted a udfa he did well. Mike has #1 ability and it showed well in his first year.

With Henry back this offense really has all the talent on passcatchers it needs. If we get the runblocking in place we will be tough to beat.

that said.....King was a steal and has been solid in whatever asked of him.
                        Plus the rbs will have 100 receptions.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Tyrell Williams is Malcom Floyd. At least in Floyd's good years. Neither is very tough or willing to inflict punishment on a d-back. But MWill will contest catches and he's not shy about being physical. I love those two traits about MWill. He's a football player.

Comment

Working...
                          X