• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Congrats to Velo (Show Me Yours) for being the first to lock up a playoff spot.
    sigpic

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Congrats to Velo (Show Me Yours) for being the first to lock up a playoff spot.
      Thank you, thank you. It's uncanny, I've just been incredibly lucky. My team is not a very high scoring team, it ranks in the bottom half of the season total. But every opponent I face seems to have an under-performing week against me. The points scored against my team is the lowest, it hasn't broken 1,400 yet. Meanwhile, some teams have had more than 1,600 points scored against them. For example, my opponent this week is the 2nd highest scoring team in our league, averaging 149 points per game. This week against me he scored less than 116. It's good to be lucky. Let's see if continues.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Just a word about Ekeler. He is my only Charger. Even though Gordon has replaced him as the lead back, Ekeler continues to ball every week. He is the 3rd top scoring RB in our league, behind McCaffery and Cook. Being in a PPR league helps, because he is an elite receiving RB (just don't throw him a jump ball). Last night he didn't score, but he got me more than 21 points because of his 8 catches and 100+ receiving yards. And to think when I drafted him back in September Yahoo! ridiculed me for taking him where I did.

All that said, whatever the Chargers do in the upcoming off-season, it has to include locking up Ekeler with a nice contract. He needs to be a Bolt for a long while.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

OK fantasy geeks, do I go with Amari Cooper at the Pats on the road where he's going up against Stephon Gilmore, or do I sit him this week and go with Demariyus Thomas at home vs the Raiders or Dorsett III at home vs the Cowboys? I'm already sitting Michael Gallup at the Patriots, starting Brandin Cooks. It's a tough decision on Cooper though. He's been my best WR all season, but the Lions' Darius Slay shut him down last week.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            OK fantasy geeks, do I go with Amari Cooper at the Pats on the road where he's going up against Stephon Gilmore, or do I sit him this week and go with Demariyus Thomas at home vs the Raiders or Dorsett III at home vs the Cowboys? I'm already sitting Michael Gallup at the Patriots, starting Brandin Cooks. It's a tough decision on Cooper though. He's been my best WR all season, but the Lions' Darius Slay shut him down last week.
            I think Dorsett is hurt so that might make up your mind for you. Check the updates.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Chuckeezy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2019
              • Send PM

I would play cooper, but I’m not one for giving advice, 4 game losing streak. Lol

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Dorsett is hurt so that might make up your mind for you. Check the updates.
                Yes, that makes it a bit easier. It's either Cooper or D. Thomas.

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
                I would play cooper, but I’m not one for giving advice, 4 game losing streak. Lol
                Such a tough decision. The weather is going to be a factor in the passing game in NE today, rain and wind. It's also a factor in New Jersey, where the Jets/Raiders play this morning, but not as severe. Cooper is an elite player and after being shut down last week he may be determined not to get shut down today. I've about 25 mins to make a decision.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

OK, what I did was sit Brandin Cooks and inserted Cooper, keeping D. Thomas in the line up as well. This should have occurred to me earlier. Cooks has been a disappointment this season, and is playing for the first time in a month due to a concussion.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

My lucky streak may be coming to an end. I got creamed this week, my opponent's bench outscored my starters. I have the lowest scoring team in our league (besides Bye Week) and somehow I am in 2nd place. I will be amazed if I win another match up this season.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

My lucky streak may be coming to an end. I got creamed this week, my opponent's bench outscored my starters. I have the lowest scoring team in our league (besides Bye Week) and somehow I am in 2nd place. I will be amazed if I win another match up this season.
                      LOL...just in time for the playoffs!

Congrats to the 6 suckers...er...competitors!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

LOL...just in time for the playoffs!

Congrats to the 6 suckers...er...competitors!
                        :smh: My team has sucked worse than Bye Week the past two weeks. I lost my first round bye. Oh well, :horsepiss:here's to my upcoming three game win streak. :More Q Please:

Congratulations, Mako/Cockeyed, for becoming one of the six. :youaretheman:

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

:smh: My team has sucked worse than Bye Week the past two weeks. I lost my first round bye. Oh well, :horsepiss:here's to my upcoming three game win streak. :More Q Please:

Congratulations, Mako/Cockeyed, for becoming one of the six. :youaretheman:
                          Could be worse. I've scored the 3rd most points and sit firmly in last place, Bye Week excluded. :wtf2: Been a weird fantasy season.

Comment

Working...
                          X