• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It seems I am more bullish on Feeney's third year development than others.

He has been working on becoming more fundamentally sound with Duke Manyweather.

I suggest that these problems are correctable.

Something like say, playing too tall, is harder to correct.

It starts with unlearning bad habits.
    My theory is that TT, Lynn, Meyer are fully aware of what it takes to be successful on OL and have chosen people they believe they can win with. The 2nd, 3rd years together are way to soon to give up on people that produced a 13 W season and #6 scoring offense.
    5 consecutive TDs by NE left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. That was not the OL's fault.
    I believe in young players, relatively new OL groups improving with experience. They need to be playing their best ball in Jan-Feb is all.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My theory is that TT, Lynn, Meyer are fully aware of what it takes to be successful on OL and have chosen people they believe they can win with. The 2nd, 3rd years together are way to soon to give up on people that produced a 13 W season and #6 scoring offense.
      5 consecutive TDs by NE left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. That was not the OL's fault.
      I believe in young players, relatively new OL groups improving with experience. They need to be playing their best ball in Jan-Feb is all.
      Agreed. I expect more consistency from Pouncey. This should trickle down. The third year guys will follow and improve their overall game.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I tend to agree. I think lamp getting into the mix can only help the line with depth and competition. The playing time Fenny has received is very valuable and this is his make it break it year but it's too early to give up on him unless someone blows him away in TC. Tevi I feel similarly with, I'm a bit less bullish on him just because the team felt the need to draft a tackle in the third round and tevi's pedigree doesn't give confidence. Overall I would like a nice veteran addition if possible but I feel like this group will get better as they get time and continuity.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

On the other hand, who else they gonna play? They are stuck with who they got, and gotta hope for the best while coaching them up as best they can.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

There are very very few teams in the league that don't have holes on the oline. For various reasons often mentioned, olineman are less prepared and harder to develop now than ever before. I would like to see some dividneds this sesson on the abundance of draft capital spent on the oline three seasons ago. I hope our oline coach can make it happen.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Just upgrading one position will pay dividends IMO. Get rid of the weakest link.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Just upgrading one position will pay dividends IMO. Get rid of the weakest link.
                My prediction is Lamp takes over LG and is a stud this season.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  The only problem is, the Bolts have TWO weak links, Feeney and Tevi. And Schofield is just barely average.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The only problem is, the Bolts have TWO average links, Feeney and Tevi. And Lamp is just barely a stud.
                    fixed it for you topcat!

Look for the two juniors to bounce back and Lamp to terrorize opposing defensive tackles.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

fixed it for you topcat!

Look for the two juniors to bounce back and Lamp to terrorize opposing defensive tackles.
                      LOL...hope yer right, Blue...you and I and a select few are rooting for Magic Lamp to grant us our wishes this season...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Topcat needs to be fixed...
                        You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂