• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

People project stuff all the time that are 50 shades of BS. I believe TT & Lynn want to win a Lombardi now and are taking their best shot.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      We might have traded up for Jonah Williams, just injured.

We might have drafted
      Ronnie Stanley--Chris Jones--Austin Hooper
      instead of
      Joey Bosa--Hunter Henry--Max Tuerk.

No twenty-twenty hindsight here, just foresight.

The teachings of Pat Meyer are about to take hold and come to fruition.

I am bullish on the megatrends re LAC Oline.
      I hope so Wu-Dai. I keep on watching footage of them forgetting to double Chris Jones, or doing things that make you say 'what the hell?'

As someone commented, an offensive line can get the job done without having great skill. They were simply overwhelmed physically/mentally at certain times last year. They didn't seem to know the assignment of the person next to them. That can't happen again this year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I hope so Wu-Dai. I keep on watching footage of them forgetting to double Chris Jones, or doing things that make you say 'what the hell?'

As someone commented, an offensive line can get the job done without having great skill. They were simply overwhelmed physically/mentally at certain times last year. They didn't seem to know the assignment of the person next to them. That can't happen again this year.
        It cannot happen. Unacceptable.

You don't know ball

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          There has to be a lot of confidence in Sam Tevi and Russel Okung must not be expected to be out too long. There is just a lot of unrest in my mind about Tevi, but the coach staff knows these guys better than all of us.

1. Drafting a project OT in Tre Pipkins who isn't projected to even see the field must say they have confidence in Sam Tevi
          2. With Okung down they have enough confidence to move Tevi to Left Tackle and haven't sought to bring a tackle in???? They know better than us
          3. Overall they must expect Feeny to rebound, and Lamp to step up and be what all the pundits say he was going to be, and Sam Tevi has improve???

Lot of questions lets hope the management and coaching staff is right, this team is loaded with talent to make a Super Bowl run lets hope we aren't talking about what they should of done this season, Rivers is getting older and this is roster other than OL has more talent than the 2006 14-2 Chargers( LT, Merriman, Gates, McNeill, Dielman, Philips, Jammer ) and the 2009 13-3 Chargers with the same cast plus (Vincent Jackson, Weddle, and Cromartie) but this OL.

Hoping this is our year and I am wrong about our OL
          That's one way of looking at it. Another is that the defense gave up 35 points in the 1rst half against New England & getting certain defenders was top priority. One can say that so far they haven't got it right up to now on the offensive line; so, why now?

They have issues on the offensive line. However, if Lamp can step up and be a reliable protector on obvious passing downs: taking on tough interior players without help, or passing them off well on stunts his way - that would be huge. Then Pouncey could redirect his attention elsewhere. As it is, both Schofield & Feeney are equally abused by good players. Schofield is not going to improve.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            We might have traded up for Jonah Williams, just injured.

We might have drafted
            Ronnie Stanley--Chris Jones--Austin Hooper
            instead of
            Joey Bosa--Hunter Henry--Max Tuerk.

No twenty-twenty hindsight here, just foresight.

The teachings of Pat Meyer are about to take hold and come to fruition.

I am bullish on the megatrends re LAC Oline.
            I hear mix things about Stanley and Hooper. Not sure if Chris Jones is elite enough to pass up both Bosa and Henry.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              I hear mix things about Stanley and Hooper. Not sure if Chris Jones is elite enough to pass up both Bosa and Henry.
              Last year PFF did an article about inside vs outside pass rush. Jones may well be able to sustain a lot of production, but unless his production stays at the level, then the impact isn't going to be there. We'll see if Jones can sustain his production without Houston and Dee Ford. (https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...reigns-supreme). I don't think inside rushers are any more valuable than the outside guys, but a top inside guy POTENTIALLY adds more production just in the sense that typical inside rushers only have a very few sacks, so a player like Jones or Donald adds DE production to the DT position.

Hooper has been more productive to date 139 catches for 1,457 yds and 10 TD Henry has 81 catches and 1,057 yards and 12 TD, and in 50% less time, having missed the 1 year. Some Falcon fans I know think Hooper is fine, but the offensive production problems with their OL are a sore spot.

Staley has missed time with an on again off again ankle, but finally seems to be making progress. Ravens picked up his 5th years deal.
              Last edited by Steve; 06-26-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                I brought it up in the context of fans making comments about fixing the offensive line.

Whatever Ronnie Stanley's job performance, health has been as a Raven, he does qualify as an anchor OLT the Chargers might have drafted.

The truth is that opportunities have not really been there.

There have only been the glaringly bad misses, players who are painfully slow to develop, and the lack of willingness to pay a dear price to move up.

No one has studied Oline prospects, year after year, and given us realistic alternatives.

The cognitive dissonance about scheme fit, draft slotting, and other things is there amongst fans.

Of course we want Bosa instead of anyone else.

Be eternally patient with the Oline.
                Last edited by wu-dai clan; 06-26-2019, 09:30 PM.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This - too many times it looked like the OL didn't know what to do or what the guy next to him was supposed to do. I've wondered about OL coaching, personally. Too hard to assess - if a coach teaches a kid something over and over but kid fails to execute on the field, is it the kid's fault or coach's? If its one kid, and all other kids perform well, its probably the kid. IF 2 or 3 of 5 kids are all making the same mistakes, repeatedly, well - either that coach is the most unlucky coach around to pull all them short straws at once, or .... its the coach.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡