• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Chargers May Be Available For Sale

so I was going to lay low this off-season and let it go by in peace but after reading this I have to share it with my bolt family. It may be nothing but it's more than what I've heard before and coming from someone who is looking it can only bode well for us getting out from under the yoke of the spanii.

7DE93E24-3C8E-4E1C-9024-7E649FDD2258.jpeg
    UFC president Dana White is staying with the company and has an eye on an NFL team.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

A man can dream....
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

I figured all along that a sale of the team wouldn't be too far out after the move. Because although their isn't much of a fan base there, moving to LA made them worth more in the short term by simply being in that market. And now with the team on the cusp of being a legit contender, their value can't get much higher.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

When this little news about the MMA former owner came out, I thought they were just looking for any team. I don't care what the current owners do with their financial dealings as the relo is done (yeah I hoped they would have taken a loss on the deal, but that's unlikely), but even if this guy did buy the team, I really see no way they move from LA now.

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I better check under the couch cushions to see what I got there. Maybe I can beat them to the punch.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            When this little news about the MMA former owner came out, I thought they were just looking for any team. I don't care what the current owners do with their financial dealings as the relo is done (yeah I hoped they would have taken a loss on the deal, but that's unlikely), but even if this guy did buy the team, I really see no way they move from LA now.
            Quite possible but the fertitas would very likely be able to build their own stadium whenever they could get out of the Kroenkeville lease and maybe not move down to San Diego but somewhere in the middle makes marketing sense.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Maybe we can do what the Green Bay Packers did and have the fans be shareholders?

Comment

• Stormbringer
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2019
                • Here
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Maybe we can do what the Green Bay Packers did and have the fans be shareholders?
                The league doesn't allow it. It's a special deal only the Packer's can cash in on.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Having the Chargers move back to SD is a pipedream unfortunately. I'd be all for Spanos selling the team but not holding my breath and I don't think they can sell for an X amount of years after relocating anyways. But I'm not 100% on that
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

With how little support for the Chargers there is in LA, I'd be surprised if the league didn't allow them to move back to SD. I also don't think Kroenke will miss the $1 a year in rent the Chargers are paying him. But moving back to San Diego is not likely to happen.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

That is the BEST Chargers news I've heard in 3 years, regardless if there's any legitimacy to it.
                      I think most here understood Spanos had to move to increase the value of his family's only real asset, which even with the ZERO support they've received in Orange County and eventually LA, has happened. Just as most of us here knew that Spanos wasn't bright enough to make this work and would have to sell up.
                      Good day to be a Charger fan.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        With how little support for the Chargers there is in LA, I'd be surprised if the league didn't allow them to move back to SD. I also don't think Kroenke will miss the $1 a year in rent the Chargers are paying him. But moving back to San Diego is not likely to happen.
                        Why would anyone move the team back to SD and still be in a position to have no stadium to play in? If u think they will build their own stadium, i think u are grossly mistaken

Comment

Working...
                        X