Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Chargers are on the hook for a $200 million stadium loan...if the Chargers were to move back to San Diego, you think the Spani will just walk away from that chunk of cash?
    They also have a $645,000,000.00 relocation fee that goes directly to the other 30 NFL owners.
    SD is a pipe dream.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Chargers are on the hook for a $200 million stadium loan...if the Chargers were to move back to San Diego, you think the Spani will just walk away from that chunk of cash?
      What I had heard about this was that applying the loan towards the construction costs was a requirement for approval to move in with Kroenke and did not give them any ownership of the stadium, but did contribute to them getting the $1 per year lease.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

They also have a $645,000,000.00 relocation fee that goes directly to the other 30 NFL owners.
        SD is a pipe dream.
        While I agree that this money will never be returned, the question really is if they never get any traction in LA, would the league allow a new owner to move the team back without another relocation fee?

Comment

Working...
        X