Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Tijuana
    • Send PM

Throwing Salt On An Old Wound - Chargers Vs Pats 2006

View at your own risk
    Mike Florio and Chris Simms look at the ripple effects that would've occurred if the Chargers had held on to beat the Patriots in the 2006 Divisional playoff game.
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Chargers were the best team in the NFL that year.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Everybody keeps saying "What if McCree holds on to the ball?" I say what if McCree does what anyone in that situation should have done and just knock it down? 4th down no way you intercept a pass then, just knock it down.

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2019
        • Here
        • Send PM

I don't believe McCree ever showed the least bit of contrition.....

Anytime I get the ball I am going to try and score regardless," said McCree. "Troy Brown stripped it. He made a great play, and I was trying to make a big play. (In) hindsight I don't regret it because I would never try and just go down on the (ground). I want to score."
        But if there's the tiniest of silver linings, McCree's managed to make his way to a comfy jailhouse cot more than once.

A former Jacksonville Jaguars player charged with insurance fraud last year was arrested again Thursday because authorities said he failed to appear in court while out on bail.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
          Everybody keeps saying "What if McCree holds on to the ball?" I say what if McCree does what anyone in that situation should have done and just knock it down? 4th down no way you intercept a pass then, just knock it down.
          True. Instincts took over

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
            THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

There were plenty of opportunities before and after the McCree play to 'seal' that game, it always been easiest to point to that one moment though.

Of course, there's always the memory of Schottenheimer saying on the sideline right before that play "...WHEN we get the interception...knock it down!"

Re: the 'instincts' excuse, sorry but McCree is a moron with no situational awareness. Not only do we take possession if he knocks it down, we are in far better field position if he knocks it down instead of taking the INT.
            NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
              THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
              Generous Donor
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Chargers were the best team in the NFL that year.
              ...and arguably the previous year and the next year.
              NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

...and arguably the previous year and the next year.
                We were the most talented team to not make the playoffs in 2005. Which absolutely meant nothing except that we underachieved with Marty. We were definitely not the best team in 2007.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

OUCH!!! coulda, shoulda, woulda! the other thing is norv would never have been hired. but there were PLENTY of boneheaded blunders in that game as well. Was that the game eric parker decider to try to pick up his muffed punt instead of falling on it? dflo head butting a guy on 4th down after we'd held on D? the most talented team with some of THE dumbest players!

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                    OUCH!!! coulda, shoulda, woulda! the other thing is norv would never have been hired. but there were PLENTY of boneheaded blunders in that game as well. Was that the game eric parker decider to try to pick up his muffed punt instead of falling on it? dflo head butting a guy on 4th down after we'd held on D? the most talented team with some of THE dumbest players!
                    Don't forget Gates and VJ with some key drops. VJ, in particular, forgot to drag his feet in for a TD. The next play, Rivers throws a pick.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      Don't forget Shane Olivier's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the extra point after LT's td in the fourth. Pats had great field position at the start of the infamous drive: near the 40 yard line. They had the benefit of one first down before the ill fate 4rth down interception from the Charger's 42 yard line. That idiot McCree intercepted the pass some 24 yards down field. Donnie Edwards forced Brady to throw early btw.

I must have seen that game 10 times.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Don't forget Gates and VJ with some key drops. VJ, in particular, forgot to drag his feet in for a TD. The next play, Rivers throws a pick.
                        VJ had another key drop late in the 4rth on a short Rivers pass that would have gotten them a first down. Chargers punted & New England kicked the final field goal.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍