10 BYE
    11 NOV 16 1:05PMPST RAIDERS
    12 NOV 23 1:05PMPST RAMS
    13 NOV 30 10:00AMPST AT RAVENS
    14 DEC 7 5:30PMPST PATRIOTS
    15 DEC 14 1:05PMPST BRONCOS
    16 DEC 20 1:30PMPST AT 49ERS
    17 DEC 28 10:00AMPST AT CHIEFS

Time for a prediction poll again! There's nothing else going on and I really want to stop rehashing year old discussions.

So my early prediction is 10-6 on the strength of us opening the season at 6-1. We then pretty much trade gut punches with the rest of the top teams in the league.

Week 1 - Cardinals: Win based on them trying to implement too many new players into their scheme. They rebuilt their O line. They will have two new ILB's and like will be without Honeybadger still. Patrick Peterson can't win this on his own and we should be able to run somewhat effectively on their D line to soften up the middle and take advantage of their poor coverage LB's. MVP - Ladarius Green with 2 TD's demolishing any LB that tries to cover him.

Week 2 - Seahags: This will be a tough loss. Hawks are coming back this year with a strong core and replaceable turnover. Should be a barn burner, but I suspect the Hawks pull out a win on a FG.

Week 3 - Bills: Luckily we are traveling to Buffalo when the weather is still going to be a non factor. Dareus is likely going to be suspended I assume 4 games, so that will be in our favor. The Buffalo offense is still very young and very inconsistent. They just won't be able to keep up. MVP - Rivers has a field day vs. a poor secondary that wasn't improved very much from the previous season.

Week 4 - Jags: Despite improved play from the Jags under Gus Bradley, Chargers offense will be too much for the Jags. Our first real dominant rushing performance of the year. MVP - Matthews has his first 100 yard game of the year with 2 scores.

Week 5 - Jets: Won't be a pushover win as many expect, Rex will have that D playing well, but they still have a suspect secondary after losing Cromartie and not replacing him (despite his poor play). This game will be won by the defense as it forces multiple turnovers out of Geno Smith. MVP - Jason Verrett's coming out party as he gets a pick and takes it to the house.

Week 6 - Raiturds: Despite a much improved, veteran led defense, the offense remains in shambles. Schaub is crushed under a still suspect O line and an evolving Charger pass rush. MVP - Ingram records his first 2 sack game.

Week 7 - Chiefs: What a difference a year makes. The Chiefs lost what IMO was their biggest asset - Their O line. With their run game in shambles, Alex Smith has to shoulder the load and we all know how that ends. For some reason the Chiefs also decided to not improve their receiving corps which is arguably the worst in the league. First laugher of the year. MVP - Donald Butler has himself a day including a pick.

Week 8 - Donkeys: Traveling to Mile High is always tough and this week is no different. Peyton is able to pull out a last minute win this time around.

Week 9 - Miami: Traveling to Miami after a slugfest in Donkey country works in favor of the Fish. The bye can't get here at a better time.

Week 11 - Raiders: Raiders off a bye week? Christmas came early. At this point in the year, Schaub has already been benched. We get to beat up on a rookie QB as Pagano dials up the pressure. Jerry takes center stage and delivers two sacks for us as he has earned increased snaps in his rookie year. MVP - Rivers has a field day throwing for 4 TD's.

Week 12 - Rams: Our first bad loss of the year. Rams are a surprise picks for me this season. That front 4 is the best in football and will make Rivers day a nightmare unfortunately.

Week 13 - Ravens: Team bounces back and pounds the Ravens with the run game. Our trio of RB's all contribute and we are able to go cross country and pull out a solid conference win. MVP: Matthews

Week 14 - Pats: The murders row of a schedule continues and we lose a close one to the Pats. We have no answer for the Gronk as he has a big game vs. the D. Belicheat's D does just enough to stifle the run game and Revis Island is able to shut down Allen.

Week 15 - Donks: The defense gets the best of Peyton this time around. Verrett is in full swing now and gets a pick 6. Matthews has another big game and churns out 150 yards vs. a weak inside LB corps.

Week 16 - 49ers: Traveling to the 49ers will be a tough test and we fail to hold down the 49er run game as Carlos Hyde is able to come in and pound the D to a pulp. Close, but no cigar.

Week 17 - Chiefs: Needing to win to make the playoffs, Rivers gives us some december magic yet again. The Chiefs long since eliminated have nothing to play for and Alex Smith already has one foot out the door to free agency. MVP: Rivers with 3 TDs.
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    2.63%
    5.26%
    0.00%
    23.68%
    31.58%
    18.42%
    7.89%
    2.63%
    2.63%
    0.00%
    5.26%

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    1 SEP 8 7:20PMPDT AT CARDINALS
    2 SEP 14 1:05PMPDT SEAHAWKS
    3 SEP 21 10:00AMPDT AT BILLS
    4 SEP 28 1:05PMPDT JAGUARS
    5 OCT 5 1:25PMPDT JETS
    6 OCT 12 1:05PMPDT AT RAIDERS
    7 OCT 19 1:05PMPDT CHIEFS
    8 OCT 23 5:25PMPDT AT BRONCOS
    9 NOV 2 10:00AMPST AT DOLPHINS
    10 BYE
    11 NOV 16 1:05PMPST RAIDERS
    12 NOV 23 1:05PMPST RAMS
    13 NOV 30 10:00AMPST AT RAVENS
    14 DEC 7 5:30PMPST PATRIOTS
    15 DEC 14 1:05PMPST BRONCOS
    16 DEC 20 1:30PMPST AT 49ERS
    17 DEC 28 10:00AMPST AT CHIEFS
    I thought for sure that I was going to be more optimistic than you, but I fell a little short in my 9-7 guess.

Week 1: @ Clowncars - no significant LBs to speak of, Mathews + Woodhead + Brown should easily find 4+ YPC, unless Arizona's D-Line suddenly can get out of the box to tackle them on off-tackle runs. Fairy Litzgerald tests our secondary, but we win by 13.

Week 2: We thank the football Gods that the Seahawks aren't in the AFC West anymore. They stomp a 38-13 mud hole in our collective anus.

Week 3: The Bills' young offense tests our defense's a resolve, but we pull out a squeaker. Bolts win 20-17 on the road.

Week 4: Florida agrees in unison that California has infinitely better everything, and Gus Bradley wishes he was still on the Seahawks' staff as the Chargers thrill the home crowd 38-10. Blake Bortles is sacked 7 times while the owner tries to phone the Raiders for Jones-Drew back.

Week 5: The Michael Vick-helmed Jets show up at the Q on a 4 game losing streak. The animal rights protestors and USC alum pining over Sanchez's loss create too much crowd noise for Rex to quell his insatiable thirst for carne asada burritos and well-oiled Southern California feet - and these distractions lead the Jest to a 27-17 loss.

Week 6: @ Felons University. The Chargers beat the fucking Raiders 77-3 just on principle. Because fuck those guys.

Week 7: The Chiefs come to town, don't start their backups and lose 28-24.

Week 8: Our beloved Bolts travel to mile high (now aka Sports Authority, but I'm not sure what they're the authority of, except losing big games). We lead the entire game, but end up losing 38-35 late in the 4th quarter.

Week 9: @ Ray Finkle. The Dolphins have some things going for them, but winning is not one of those things. Chargers win 31-17.

Week 10: Chargers are at 8-2. Yuba self asphyxiates himself, having pored over the statistics and declaring this a seven-win team, chokes almost to death on dot-matrix printouts of statistical analysis, but is then saved by a call from Steve. America wins.

Week 11: Raiders come to town. For the first time in 30 years, no complicit gang members are present at this meeting. Chargers win 34-20.

Week 12: Rams. Sam Bradford sucks. Fuck you, Rams - 38-3.

Week 13: @ Maryland means you lose. 31-28. Never more.

Week 14: The Cheats return to SoCal. They still cheat. They still win by cheating. 45-33.

Week 15: Broncos at home. NFL realizes how hard the Broncos sold out to win this season (as well as realizing that those who can afford legal pot will also buy NFL licensed swag) and puts the gears in motion to get them the championship this year. Bolts lose 45-20.

Week 16: Chargers travel to SF and wish they wouldn't have. Get drubbed 38-13.

Week 17: @ Winter Wonderland - Chargers arrive to sub-freezing temperatures, Northern Lights and penguins at Arrowhead stadium. McCoy says, "Screw you guys,!im going home". Chargers lose fingertips, almost every hand warmer, their sense of decency (when Geathers has to encompass Rivers in brohug to keep the frostbite away) and morality, as the Chiefs prevail 34-17.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

My prediction ? Pain!
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I went with 9 wins, but was tempted to go with 10. I think we are significantly better than last year, but our schedule is significantly harder. It will be tough to duplicate our winning percentage against teams that finish with a winning record. I think we are one good draft/good free agency offseason from being on even ground with the Broncos for the division crown. I hope 9-7 is good enough to get into the playoffs again where anything can happen.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

We should have another top 10 offense. It's gonna come down to the defense growing up and making strides to take us to that next level. We had the 2nd or 3rd youngest D last season I believe and it only got younger.

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

We should have another top 10 offense. It's gonna come down to the defense growing up and making strides to take us to that next level. We had the 2nd or 3rd youngest D last season I believe and it only got younger.
            We could always re-sign Takeo Spikes and Jammer. Then our average age would be much higher.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
              We could always re-sign Takeo Spikes and Jammer. Then our average age would be much higher.
              God no. I'm firmly on the youth movement side of things. Allowing a team to age is the worst thing a GM can allow it's team to do. Gotta continually have roster turnover IMO. Very few players age gracefully. Or at least have them on 1 year deals

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

God no. I'm firmly on the youth movement side of things. Allowing a team to age is the worst thing a GM can allow it's team to do. Gotta continually have roster turnover IMO. Very few players age gracefully. Or at least have them on 1 year deals
                We could always re-sign Fred Dean and Big Hands Johnson, then our average age would be much higher.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                  We could always re-sign Fred Dean and Big Hands Johnson, then our average age would be much higher.
                  If only we could add two All Pro's so easily

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    My prediction ? Pain!
                    Don't go there! We have enough problems with injuries as it is.
                    sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Naturally, I am presenting the other side of this season, i.e., the 'balance'.

Honestly, and I said this in another thread, I think we will regress this season...from the standpoint of Ws & Ls. That does NOT mean would will not be improving; but with the MUCH tougher schedule (Are we even going to win ONE game against the NFC West?), the lack of improvement in the WR position, and what I see as improvements in the Raiders (huge), and the Broncos (noticeable). I think we're 2-4 against our own Division and, at best, 1-3 against the NFC West. We will also lose to the Patriots and Ravens and...there you have it.

This allows for a minor upset on both sides of that scenario (e.g., a loss to the Bills and a win against the Patriots). We have 2-3 games like that every year.

I want this team to play hard and - for once - get lucky and stay healthy (I'm starting to believe in luck, or UNluck, as it were, regarding injuries). And for the rookies and 2nd-year guys to grow. This is going to be a learning season, and we should really have our eye on 2015. With a sub-.500 season, we'll draft back into the Top 12-14....AND...this off-season MUST be our time to FINALLY make a couple of semi-bold moves in FA. As well as locking up those players that we will need for the next 2-3 year window (aka, the End of the Philip Rivers Era).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Grinners
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

11-5 since no one picked it............................................

Comment

Working...
                        X