• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chuckeezy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2019
    • Send PM

SD Radio Stations

Anyone know any radio stations in San Diego that talks chargers football? I know before they left 1360 and 1090 would talk off-season football, now a days I don't know what station I can listen to or stream? Any suggestions?
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

1360 has both Hardwick and Ohrnberger so they the Chargers. 1090 is no longer sports so scratch that off the list.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The other active sports station in San Diego is 97.3 FM The Fan. I don't listen to it, but Sileo may talk about football, in general, and they do have national guys as well. Since they are the Padres station, I would doubt they spend a lot of time on the Chargers, though. Best bet is 1360, when Hardwick is on around noon. 1360's local morning guys... Costa is a Raider fan (even though he was once a Charger broadcast sideline guy... not sure what Richards is, but he used to be Hardwick's partner. Ohrnberger is matched up with Steve Hartman, who used to work with the Raiders, but is mostly now a contrarian guy trying to get ratings... and is pretty much a Spanos hater.

Comment

• Chuckeezy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2019
        • Send PM

Yea, figured only nick would talk about them, I tried listening to 710 espn LA but they always talk Lakers/rams .

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What does Matt Money Smith talk about on 570? I can hear that station in my car in San Diego?

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            The other active sports station in San Diego is 97.3 FM The Fan. I don't listen to it, but Sileo may talk about football, in general, and they do have national guys as well. Since they are the Padres station, I would doubt they spend a lot of time on the Chargers, though. Best bet is 1360, when Hardwick is on around noon. 1360's local morning guys... Costa is a Raider fan (even though he was once a Charger broadcast sideline guy... not sure what Richards is, but he used to be Hardwick's partner. Ohrnberger is matched up with Steve Hartman, who used to work with the Raiders, but is mostly now a contrarian guy trying to get ratings... and is pretty much a Spanos hater.
            The morning guys HATE the Chargers. Non-stop bitch fest about the team leaving. Don't waste your time on those clowns - even when they aren't ripping on the Chargers they are just..boring.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
              glutton for punishment
              • Jan 2019
              • Lake Arrowhead, CA
              • Send PM

The Douche Cannons absolutely hate the Chargers... which is not hard for Costa the Turd Fan... but they dedicate a significant portion of their show towards bashing the Bolts. They even have an entire segment called "headlines" where their listeners post crude newspaper headlines that would come out after the Charger Game... Half of the entries attempt to relate Spanos w/ some for of excrement. It may have been funny the 1st time... but I am amazed that they keep laughing at the same joke said a different way over and over again. It is all pretty childish. The LA/IE doesn't have a single radio program that I am aware of that is Charger-related. The commute in the morning is a National Syndicate and the afternoon is essentially Roger Loge (Rams) and said Douche Cannons. I was kind of sad that 1090 closed down... but I was pretty happy that Scott Kaplan lost his job.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

LA has a lot of sports teams, but all their sports stations sux. 1090 before the Charger relocation was a pretty good station, but they couldn't make it work as essentially an independent vs. the other stations that have deep pockets and large networks. I think the only thing sport radio I listen to now is just Florio on 1360 in the very early morning, just to wake up to something... used to listen to Hardwick early, but too busy to listen to his afternoon show.

Comment

• Chuckeezy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Send PM

Yea doesn't seem like they have a dedicated radio station anymore, I do listen to florios podcast during the season. Once they win the super bowl this year they'll get more air time !

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
                    Yea doesn't seem like they have a dedicated radio station anymore, I do listen to florios podcast during the season. Once they win the super bowl this year they'll get more air time !
                    The broadcast station for games is KFI, which is a talk station with a blowtorch transmitter. The Rams used 1090 which is a also a clear channel blowtorch, and that station is now a simultaneous broadcast of a spanglish station in the Rio Grand valley, but at least they have a local station that talks sports (710 am).

I listen to KFI a lot, but obviously not a looking for them for Chargers talk except during game day.

Comment

Working...
                    X