Clear All

San Diego Chargers among divisional threats

Dallas Cowboys, San Diego Chargers among divisional threats
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I don't think Te'o has to do anything special. Chargers win if Te'o plays great? LOL.

If you want to pick a rookie that has to do well, it's Fluker. The o line has to be a lot better for this team to do anything.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

I agree, Fluker is far more key than Te'o.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

I don't think they are insinuating that he needs to play great, he just can't make too many mistakes and be in the right position to make the stop. I think that's a very underrated quality of good LB's.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

No much real analysis by this guy. To me the single most important issue in the NFL is protecting the QB. We didn't do much in the offseason to protect Rivers (and teams will continue to make that their priority until Rivers stops making stupid mistakes, IF that is even solvable for him) and we will have trouble getting pressure on opposing QBs. Second is the ability to run the ball. Our running game is largely dependent on the health of Mathews which can't be very popular here but I don't see Woodcock or R Brown as every down backs. We might be a bit better in run blocking this year - don't know who makes up our O-line so that remains debatable. On defense we probably are a bit worse in run defense along the d-line (Thomas<Franklin, Reyes<Martin). Finally, when you look on defense we are going to be counting on a rookie ILB, only two real OLBers, a DE who doesn't fit our system and is coming off very modest numbers last year, a big question at SS, and little experience at CB (especially if we go with a rook at NB). We also lack depth at D-line and I can pretty much guarantee that Thomas, Reyes and Luiget are not going to play 16 games each this season. A long term injury to either Reyes or Luiget would really, really hurt us (because we are going to count on them to make up for our deficiencies at OLB). About the only units where I think we could absorb a couple of injuries would be at WR (where we are very deep) and O-line (where there isn't a big step down from a starter to a backup in the first place).

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍