• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...my feelings also...Stick impressed the Bolts so much, they TOLD him they would draft him...they don't say that to just anyone...no, I think Stick figures prominently into their long-term plans to groom him to replace Rivers...Tyrod is a veteran placeholder in case Rivers gets hurt, and to bridge the gap between Rivers and Stick...
    They may like Stick but i find it hard to believe they put all their eggs in his basket to replace Rivers. I see another higher draft pick QB coming next year and / or the year after. Maybe they think he can be a really good backup, who knows at this point but in no way at this stage am i thinking they are targeting him to be THE guy when Rivers is gone.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I think he will have every opportunity to show that he is the guy to replace Rivers. If Rivers plays 3 more years, like I expect, they have plenty of time to evaluate him and see. If a player is on the roster, it's his position to lose. If he shows something they could have the replacement. If he doesn't than they will make alternative plans.

I always find it strange to write players off before camp even starts. The guy is a winner and what he has shown so far has the coaches pretty happy. Of course, we fans also get over hyped about how guys play in camp and the preseason and they don't pan out.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I think he will have every opportunity to show that he is the guy to replace Rivers. If Rivers plays 3 more years, like I expect, they have plenty of time to evaluate him and see. If a player is on the roster, it's his position to lose. If he shows something they could have the replacement. If he doesn't than they will make alternative plans.

I always find it strange to write players off before camp even starts. The guy is a winner and what he has shown so far has the coaches pretty happy. Of course, we fans also get over hyped about how guys play in camp and the preseason and they don't pan out.
        Yes he will but i dont expect them to NOT draft another one either and just count on Stick being the guy. Im not writing him off but he was a 5th round pick and there is no guarantee he will be able to be a franchise QB. Its a long shot actually. What he has shown, he has shown in OTAs which means nothing.

The bottom part i bolded is exactly right, the fans always overhype players because someone said some thing good about them in OTAs,.... when the coaches never say negative things about players even when we see they suck. Im sure they have glorious things to say about Feeney but this forum knows better.

Its why i dont care about OTAs and minicamps because they dont mean anything even with all the possitive talk. Im sure right now Raiders fans are thinking superbowl with all the possitive OTA talk lmao.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-05-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They may like Stick but i find it hard to believe they put all their eggs in his basket to replace Rivers. I see another higher draft pick QB coming next year and / or the year after. Maybe they think he can be a really good backup, who knows at this point but in no way at this stage am i thinking they are targeting him to be THE guy when Rivers is gone.
          Nah...I figure he is more a roll of the dice....might hit big...or might just get a solid transition guy/backup. Can wildly hope for the former, but still be happy with the latter.
          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nah...I figure he is more a roll of the dice....might hit big...or might just get a solid transition guy/backup. Can wildly hope for the former, but still be happy with the latter.
            Or he might just be a decent starting quarterback with a gritty personality: like Harbaugh. You can win playoff games with those guys if you are stacked.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree...I think the Bolts like Stick, will have plenty of time to evaluate him, but when draft day comes, they will continue to evaluate and compare Stick with any available QB's on the board when they pick...if they find another player who is clearly an upgrade over Stick and Tyrod, maybe they pull the trigger...if, on the other hand, Stick continues to progress and they really like him as Rivers's successor, problem solved...let's see what the kid can do...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I think they liked all of their draft picks, that doesn't mean any of them have any future guaranteed. 5th round picks are not automatic locks.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Stick, Broughton and Cantrell are 99 percent certain to be on the roster opening day. Egbule and Newsome are almost as certain. If they go with 6 WR, Scott and Davis are my favorites to be Nos. 5 & 6, in that order, though Andre Patton could come on strong and supplant one of those guys. My guess is that Patton will be the best player left on the practice squad and most likely to be poached.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

TWill never got poached and he looked like he had real NFL talent from day 1.

I don't think we'll lose any future star from the PS, but I do think Indy will take a guy just to spy on us before game 1
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I don't think we'll lose any future star from the PS, but I do think (Indy) THE CHEATRIOTS will take a guy just to spy on us before OUT NEXT GAME WITH THEM (game 1)
                      There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I don't think we'll lose any future star from the PS, but I do think Indy will take a guy just to spy on us before game 1
                        I think thats over rated in here. Someone snagging a rookie PS player to get dirt on us isnt going to help them much, especially in week 1 LOL. Probably doesnt have the system down himself yet.
                        We been running the same system for a while now, if they cant watch film from that and figure it out, maybe they arent very good coaches.

**Tyrell spent 2 months on the PS as a rookie and was a relative unknown from where he went to college.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-06-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Indy runs the same offensive system we do. Why would they need someone to tell them about it? Reich, Jason Michael and Nick Sirianni were on the offensive staff that develop it. Jason Micheal, who was Whiz's OC in Tenn with the system. They know the system as well as we do. They also know the coaches and personalities. They know the quirks and likes and dislikes of each other. IT goes both ways too.

Comment

Working...
                          X