Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...my feelings also...Stick impressed the Bolts so much, they TOLD him they would draft him...they don't say that to just anyone...no, I think Stick figures prominently into their long-term plans to groom him to replace Rivers...Tyrod is a veteran placeholder in case Rivers gets hurt, and to bridge the gap between Rivers and Stick...
    Teams tell players that they will draft them all the time. They do it to way more players than they can draft. Half the guys I know who played in the NFL were told by many teams that they liked them enough to draft them. Several went undrafted. I wouldn't read anything into it. They do it to throw other teams off if nothing else.

It is a big step to go from Division II to the NFL. They will give him a chance. Teams don't like to piss away draft picks. That being said, we are a very deep roster that has a lot of needs and is building for the long term. Even if he goes out, plays well, he might not make the team. IT is NEVER about just 1 guy. Rosters are about the collective talent, skills, and future.

Stick could be great and not make it. Stick could suck and make it. It is going to depend on his play, but also every other spot on the team. Same is true of just about every other player. The exceptions are the high draft picks.
    Last edited by Steve; 07-06-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      TWill never got poached and he looked like he had real NFL talent from day 1.

I don't think we'll lose any future star from the PS, but I do think Indy will take a guy just to spy on us before game 1
      yes, you are absolutely correct, Tyrell had stud written all over him from the moment he walked on to the training field. They signed Tyrell to the regular roster 2 months into his rookie season so he wouldn't be poached. He was still a project and saw no game action until late in the season. But they knew what he was capable of and didn't want to lose him.

Comment

Working...
      X