• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I do hope he's off the blood thinners that are usually prescribed for PE. As someone that is on anti-platelet meds, little nicks are more than just annoyances, and bruising can be a concern, but internal bleeding can be an emergency...and I'm not fending off 280lb defensive ends.
    I’m sure he’s been off for a couple of months. That was the original timetable

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m sure he’s been off for a couple of months. That was the original timetable
      I have to believe Okung is listening to his doctors very carefully,
      and being cautious.

The question is, how ready to play football is Russell ?

Weakness is a side effect of the meds, as we know, and he must be able to anchor.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

ATL overdrafted overhyped Chris Lindstrom. Kaleb McGary is a liability in pass protection (just like I said he would be). Never spend high draft picks on interior linemen (Billy Price says hi). OT's are the only OL worthy of 1st round picks... passers, pass rushers, pass blockers... watch the tape, trust what you see, the Underwear Olympics award no real medals (Orlando Brown Jr. says hi)
        agree on Lindstrom and McGary, albeit did like the latter some, and wanted nothing to do w/the former, and.... what about your boy Ragnow ?? not to mention another IOL Isaiah Wynn ??

there have been a good handful of centers drafted round one in the last ten years, and ditto for OGs, of which I doubt we are so interested in ??

if you're drafting in the teens and Thomas, Wirfs and Leatherwood, and prolly some other upshot OT is off the board, do you go for a fifth ranked OT or Biadasz ??

or do you pass on Derrick Brown in favor of your much needed OT ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

How many more wins do you see on the schedule...? Maybe 2...? Don't be surprised if we're picking at #5 or #6. Thomas would be my choice in that scenario. If we somehow finish better than expected, I think Leatherwood or Wirfs will be there at #10. Depending on Trey Adams health and Walker Little's knee recovery, I'd take those guys at #15 (if that's where we land).

Tevi is given a 58 grade by pff and Scott has a 47 grade. Pipkins may never develop. Tevi and Scott are decent run blockers but neither are pass blockers... don't mess around with the QB's health.

Lamp and Feeney (both of whom I liked) are on short notice. I'd take a peek at Quisenberry if Lamp/Feeney can't get it together.

Not only do we need to draft 2 OL but we should probably pick up a couple OL in FA should none of these guys show much improvement.

It's one of the reasons I think PR may not be back next year. If you bring him back, his market value is $31 million. Chargers go from $59 million cap space to $28 million... if he even agrees to come back. Cut Okung and you're at $73 million cap space. Cut Mebane and you're at $77 million.

What if you signed C JC Tretter ($10 mil), G Joe Thuney ($7 mil), and RT Jack Conklin ($10 mil) in free agency...? Then drafted Alex Leatherwood...?
          Leatherwood, Thuney, Tretter, Lamp/Feeney, Conklin. Depth: Lamp/Feeney, Quissenberry, Scott, Pipkins. Even Tyrod Taylor should be able to thrive behind that OL.

And you've got $45 million to still up grade other areas (DT, CB, WR)...
          still think we're gonna pick in the teens.... perhaps we fall to the low teens instead of the high teens ??

and still yet to see an OT that displaces Derrick Brown for me.

think Thomas is long gone, and like both Leatherwood and Wirfs some, albeit neither are without their doubters/?s

no chance I'm coming near the either of Adams or Little.... just no chance.... way too risky, not to mention Little just plain is not that good according to more than a few (well studied) pundits.

am willing to roll w/the both of Scott and Tevi, along w/Forrest and Dan.... think we need a center.... like Biadasz (more run than pass blocker), but there might be value/talent later in the draft there ??

don't see the FA tackle either, 'specially considering the lack of value there most years.

PR is back, albeit will be surprised if Okung comes back (even this season), and ditto for Mebane and coupla few others (the Melvins ?)

wouldn't count on the Q, albeit think team Tommy John keeps him on board for a bit more.

and would prefer Marcus over Tyrod next season....

ps. would spend my FA monies on a NT hedge/starter, and prolly a receiver as well.
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

There is no easy fix for OL problems.
            • By Kevin Patra
            • Around the NFL Writer
            • Published: Oct. 25, 2019 at 01:39 p.m.
            • Updated: Oct. 25, 2019 at 02:31 p.m.

Set to take on the best defense in the NFL, the Cleveland Browns made a shakeup on the offensive line.

While coach Freddie Kitchens declined to say if he made any changes to his o-line coming off the bye ahead of Sunday's tilt versus the New England Patriots, Greg Robinson let the cat out of the bag.

The left tackle told reporters Friday that he would be the backup, per Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal.

All week signs pointed to a potential change along the line, particularly at left tackle, where Robinson has struggled all season. In six games, the 27-year-old tackle has allowed a sack, two QB hits, seven hurries, 10 pressures and been flagged five times, per Pro Football Focus.

The ire of Browns fans this season, Robinson signed a one-year contract in Cleveland this offseason to be the starting blocker on Baker Mayfield's blindside. That plan has gone woefully. Right off the bat, things were rocky, and Robinson was ejected in the season opener for kicking safety Kenny Vaccaro. The struggles continued from there as the entire Browns offensive line has been a weak spot for a 2-4 Cleveland squad.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gusser
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

:what:

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Have you ever seen a worse performance by a Chargers offensive line than tonight?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Have you ever seen a worse performance by a Chargers offensive line than tonight?
                  That's rhetorical, but yeah. No excuses, but when you are forced to play your project LT (who actually held his own) and #3 center, its bound to be bad for pass blocking. They did ok in run blocking.

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

So many games to choose from but this one is high on the list....

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

That's rhetorical, but yeah. No excuses, but when you are forced to play your project LT (who actually held his own) and #3 center, its bound to be bad for pass blocking. They did ok in run blocking.
                      Yeah, I get we were playing 3 backups so I shouldn't have expected much but god damn Scott may be the worst tackle in the league.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Yeah, I get we were playing 3 backups so I shouldn't have expected much but god damn Scott may be the worst tackle in the league.
                        No, Tevi is.. and he was drafted. They need a tackle badly, but at least the project isn't that far off, a solid journeyman in making.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

No, Tevi is.. and he was drafted. They need a tackle badly, but at least the project isn't that far off, a solid journeyman in making.
                          I think Scott is way worse than Tevi is. Sad that both are on our team.

Comment

Working...
                          X