• Show
Clear All
  • Silversurfer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Los Angeles
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Guard Spain released from the Bills?Worth a look?
    Pay the man, want as many lineman as possible that aren't injured.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Guard Spain released from the Bills?Worth a look?
      You just gave beach goosebumps.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You just gave beach goosebumps.
        From Chargers Pulse...

chargerspulse Anthony Lynn said the Chargers are "open" to looking into G Quinton Spain, who the Bills released earlier today. But he also said he's comfortable with his O line depth until Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga return. via Daniel Popper of the Athletic.

Spain averages 1 pressure per every 22 pass block snaps which is on par with Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner’s stats according to @profootballfocus. He has played guard his whole career. He has had a 71 or better pass block grade in each year of his career.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          From Chargers Pulse...

chargerspulse Anthony Lynn said the Chargers are "open" to looking into G Quinton Spain, who the Bills released earlier today. But he also said he's comfortable with his O line depth until Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga return. via Daniel Popper of the Athletic.

Spain averages 1 pressure per every 22 pass block snaps which is on par with Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner’s stats according to @profootballfocus. He has played guard his whole career. He has had a 71 or better pass block grade in each year of his career.
          From what I can tell, Spain doesn't have a history of injuries. Would like to see him hired for just that reason alone.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

From what I can tell, Spain doesn't have a history of injuries. Would like to see him hired for just that reason alone.
            Except he is injured now...foot injury keeping him out of 2 of the last 3 games....the hoof is a bad thing to be ailing on the Beef...also, he is a left guard. I thought Lamp wasn't playing too badly, and I was hoping we could see him a full season. But if they think Turner is going to have lingering issues, and they can get him on the cheap? Maybe...thorough physical...
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Except he is injured now...foot injury keeping him out of 2 of the last 3 games....the hoof is a bad thing to be ailing on the Beef...also, he is a left guard. I thought Lamp wasn't playing too badly, and I was hoping we could see him a full season. But if they think Turner is going to have lingering issues, and they can get him on the cheap? Maybe...thorough physical...
              Well, I was thinking of Spain moving into Lamp's spot and Lamp sliding over to LT. Lamp was one of the best LTs in college football at W. Kentucky. He has been the Chargers' best OL so far this season and Tevi has not been very good. I don't see how Lamp could be any worse than Tevi at LT, but I can see him being better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Seven months after signing him to a three-year, $15 million extension, the Buffalo Bills have parted ways with former starting left guard Quinton Spain, releasing the sixth-year veteran on Wednesday the team announced. The Bills have struggled up front on both sides of the ball at times this year, with Spain moving to the bench in favor of second-year reserve Cody Ford following Week 2. Now, Buffalo will move forward without Spain entirely, with Ford set to man the left guard spot and veteran Brian Winters on track to remain at right guard.

As ESPN noted Wednesday, Spain did not necessarily have a clear path to playing time with fellow guard Jon Feliciano also expected back from a torn pectoral. Spain himself was designated as "week-to-week" following Buffalo's Week 6 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs because of a knee injury.

Still, the veteran's departure marks a sharp turn of events for the interior lineman. Originally undrafted out of West Virginia in 2015, Spain spent the first five years of his NFL career with the Tennessee Titans, carving out a job as a full-time left guard, then had arguably his best season to date with the Bills in 2019. Signed to a one-year contract, he took every offensive snap and did not allow a single registered sack while helping keep Josh Allen upright, earning the $15 million extension in March.

Spain could have several immediate suitors as a free agent, with teams like the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles in obvious need of reinforcements up front.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Given what we have they should kick the can and wait till he clears waivers. If he can get healed up in two to three weeks maybe we should check on him. Gotta get some more intel on him though!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Well, I was thinking of Spain moving into Lamp's spot and Lamp sliding over to LT. Lamp was one of the best LTs in college football at W. Kentucky. He has been the Chargers' best OL so far this season and Tevi has not been very good. I don't see how Lamp could be any worse than Tevi at LT, but I can see him being better.
                    You all need to get off this Lamp = NFL- OT. He has yet to play 16 games at OG. Let him prove he can play here first.
                    Tevi has played well this season. Do not let bias cloud you’re current assessment of his play. He has allowed a single sack, about 10-15 pressures, and been very consistent in the run game.
                    Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney have done a solid job.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

If Tevi and Lamp are able to make a good team work, no matter who is LT or LG.
                      The right side of that line was supposed to be the strong side.
                      I'm still hoping.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

I would like TT to make this happen. Sack free last year. That's good enough for me.

Quinton Spain’s time in Buffalo is at an end. The team announced it cut the veteran guard Wednesday. Spain said it was "time for a change."

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                          I would like TT to make this happen. Sack free last year. That's good enough for me.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-relea...l-to-extension
                          not sure if the predominately pass blocker fits the AL MO of run blocker first.... 'specially @guard ??
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X