• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

This was Norton's 1st year as a starter, and only his 2nd year on a roster. If you knew that he is as good as he can get, then there is something to be said for replacing him now.

However, remember Kolton Miller, the 1st round pick by the Raiders who plays LT? He was a much worse player his rookie season than Norton, so the idea that players don't get better is nonsense. particularly when you remember everyone on our line struggled some.

The point is we have a lot of holes, and while being physical at the line is part of winning football, it is one of many parts of being a good football team. There were plenty of plays tonight where Herbert had time, but the receivers weren't good enough to make plays. The D really hasn't stopped any good teams all year. We also really missed Parham, so it will be necessary to replace him if he can't or won't come back.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Our Oline is finally coming along better than many posters realize.

It's player development...props to Frank Smith/Shaun Sarrett.
      Our o line sucked ass when it counted.I stated way back in the season my biggest problem with TT is he keeps trynna shortcut the game.Ya HAVE to build the trenches before ya do anything else.The o line is NOT done.Build the right side then work on the d line and go from there.Fundamental football.QB then O line then D line then flesh out the rest.Cant take shortcuts and expect to win.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Our o line sucked ass when it counted.I stated way back in the season my biggest problem with TT is he keeps trynna shortcut the game.Ya HAVE to build the trenches before ya do anything else.The o line is NOT done.Build the right side then work on the d line and go from there.Fundamental football.QB then O line then D line then flesh out the rest.Cant take shortcuts and expect to win.
        I 100% agree but this is one area I will actually give TT a pass. Imagine if Aboushi stayed healthy and Bulaga actually played like he was supposed to. You're looking at a pretty damn elite OL there. Aboushi was playing really well before he got hurt.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I 100% agree but this is one area I will actually give TT a pass. Imagine if Aboushi stayed healthy and Bulaga actually played like he was supposed to. You're looking at a pretty damn elite OL there. Aboushi was playing really well before he got hurt.
          Just mentioning Buluga whale says more about TT then I already have.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Trey should be our swing tackle. He's already signed for cheap. While Storm may develop eventually, I want a good RT protecting Herbert for the next 4 years. I'd get a good RT in the 1st or 2nd round. A guy that could come in and play well right away. I'd want a veteran RG next to him. Aboushi (if knee checks out) or Schofield would be my preference. It shouldn't cost too much to re-sign one of those guys. Everybody complains that Lombardi didn't go deep enough this year. Maybe that was a product of not trusting Storm enough. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Linsley = 86.3
            Slater = 83.7
            Feiler = 75.3
            Schofield = 67.8
            Norton = 60.2

Aboushi was a 68.2 before getting hurt.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Staley and Staff coach up Dylan Parham like they did to Pip and Storm...hoping to see good things from Jaimes at some point...
              Doesn't have to be Parham.
              Oline can wait if prudent.

“This round 3 range grade for IOL is getting awfully crowded for me. Going to be a fun but legit challenge parsing them out over the next couple of months.”
              You don't know ball

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                Trey should be our swing tackle. He's already signed for cheap. While Storm may develop eventually, I want a good RT protecting Herbert for the next 4 years. I'd get a good RT in the 1st or 2nd round. A guy that could come in and play well right away. I'd want a veteran RG next to him. Aboushi (if knee checks out) or Schofield would be my preference. It shouldn't cost too much to re-sign one of those guys. Everybody complains that Lombardi didn't go deep enough this year. Maybe that was a product of not trusting Storm enough. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Linsley = 86.3
                Slater = 83.7
                Feiler = 75.3
                Schofield = 67.8
                Norton = 60.2

Aboushi was a 68.2 before getting hurt.
                We should just Give Storm Norton to one one of our division rivals. Then we can line up Bosa or Fackrell across from him and party like it's 1999!

:shifty:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We should just Give Storm Norton to one one of our division rivals. Then we can line up Bosa or Fackrell across from him and party like it's 1999!

:shifty:
                  Maybe Bisacchia recruits him for the BolTraitors...

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                    Day One...
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Brentwood, 94513
                    • Send PM

Pip and Norton are pure back ups. I wouldn’t even mind bringing two others that can be just a little better. That’s after finding someone who can start. Looking forward to seeing how Jaimis I know I’m not spelling his name right. Is he going to be a guard? Fixing the right side of the line is a must this off-season.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                      Pip and Norton are pure back ups. I wouldn’t even mind bringing two others that can be just a little better. That’s after finding someone who can start. Looking forward to seeing how Jaimis I know I’m not spelling his name right. Is he going to be a guard? Fixing the right side of the line is a must this off-season.
                      If Jaimes is ready to play next year, you could put him in at LG and move Feiler to RT and if Oboushi is recovered, resign him to play RG and then draft depth.

Comment

• steelbtexan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Simply draft Penning in the 1st and a guy like Mays or Hayes in the 4th.

Rest of the draft on defense.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Yeah dont shortcut the o line and risk our future (Herbert).Finish the right side of the o line with REAL talent then go heavy on defense.TTs utter failure at assembling the trenches aint gonna be fixed quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍