• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex8080
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

having tevi play tackle from dl confused me. might he play better with aggression at og like dielman? that would have seemed logical

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Draft one OT and one OG in the first three rounds out of one of the following:

Andrew Thomas*, OT, Georgia
      Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
      Projected Round (2020): 1

Austin Jackson*, OT, USC
      Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.40.

Alex Leatherwood*, OT, Alabama
      Height: 6-6. Weight: 322.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.34.
      Projected Round (2020): 1-2

Trey Adams, OT, Washington
      Height: 6-7. Weight: 334.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.32.
      Projected Round (2020): 1-3

Tristan Wirfs*, OT, Iowa
      Height: 6-5. Weight: 322.

Sam Cosmi**, OT, Texas
      Height: 6-6. Weight: 295.

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
      Height: 6-7. Weight: 301.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.00.

Solomon Kindley*, G, Georgia
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 335.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.20.

Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 317.
      Projected Round (2020): 1-2

Trey Smith*, G/OT, Tennessee
      Height: 6-6. Weight: 320.
      Projected Round (2020): 2-3

Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan
      Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
      Projected Round (2020): 2-3

These will all change in a few months lol
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

2020 has me concerned that TT will bank on the return of players to the O-line being healthy will shore up the line

C-Pouncey when Miami released him injuries was a part of it, now two season in he has yet to make it through a full season, now neck and back injury I would be very suspect in him contributing for a full season in 2020 if he even makes it out of training camp\pre-season healthy. I would be okay moving on from him to Quessenbery, but we just extended Pouncey and there is that vet loyalty that goes on here.

G-Lamp has shown enough to be a starter, but, but, big but can he stay Healthy?

OT-Okung despite playing up until the groin injury, still have to be concerned with blood clots in the future and up in age.

Scott and Tevi need to be gone at the end of the season, so other than Pipkins who showed some growth from where he was at in pre-season. The overall o-line is in question and depth is non-exsistant.

So TT probably see as 2/3rd's of the line in intact going into 2020 and the two thing we would like to see more than likely will not happen like a high pick on an O-lineman or going after a top Free Agent O-lineman.

What does all this mean if we stay status quo we'll need a mobile QB, if TT does the opposite of what he's been doing and get the line fixed, River's can come back and make one more run for the only thing missing from his resume a Super Bowl.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          2020 has me concerned that TT will bank on the return of players to the O-line being healthy will shore up the line

C-Pouncey when Miami released him injuries was a part of it, now two season in he has yet to make it through a full season, now neck and back injury I would be very suspect in him contributing for a full season in 2020 if he even makes it out of training camp\pre-season healthy. I would be okay moving on from him to Quessenbery, but we just extended Pouncey and there is that vet loyalty that goes on here.

G-Lamp has shown enough to be a starter, but, but, big but can he stay Healthy?

OT-Okung despite playing up until the groin injury, still have to be concerned with blood clots in the future and up in age.

Scott and Tevi need to be gone at the end of the season, so other than Pipkins who showed some growth from where he was at in pre-season. The overall o-line is in question and depth is non-exsistant.

So TT probably see as 2/3rd's of the line in intact going into 2020 and the two thing we would like to see more than likely will not happen like a high pick on an O-lineman or going after a top Free Agent O-lineman.

What does all this mean if we stay status quo we'll need a mobile QB, if TT does the opposite of what he's been doing and get the line fixed, River's can come back and make one more run for the only thing missing from his resume a Super Bowl.
          Why is anyone concerned with Okung's blood clots ?

This is a giant disconnect.

Okung is only back playing football AFTER doctors first said the situation is stabilized,
          by a comfortable margin,
          and will be safely managed through medicine moving forward.

I agree with most everything else you are saying, except I want Scott and Schofield to be the ones not retained.

Players like Pouncey and TDavis are here in a large part
          to help develop Feeney, Qberry, Kyzir and Tranquill as legimate NFL players.

I am concerned both that it will be too much status quo from TT,
          and that TPB, and most Charger fans elsewhere, want a major Oline overhaul,
          while Phil is still here trying to gitter done.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Why is anyone concerned with Okung's blood clots ?

This is a giant disconnect.

Okung is only back playing football AFTER doctors first said the situation is stabilized,
            by a comfortable margin,
            and will be safely managed through medicine moving forward.

I agree with most everything else you are saying, except I want Scott and Schofield to be the ones not retained.

Players like Pouncey and TDavis are here in a large part
            to help develop Feeney, Qberry, Kyzir and Tranquill as legimate NFL players.

I am concerned both that it will be too much status quo from TT,
            and that TPB, and most Charger fans elsewhere, want a major Oline overhaul,
            while Phil is still here trying to gitter done.
            I don't claim to be a Doctor, but Chris Bosch Miami Heat basketball player came back and later retired because of blood clots, it just nothing is 100% guarantee especially in Pro Football a whole lot more phyiscality involved.

I just feel there is a whole lot of questions with the o-line going into 2020. I did mention Scott and Tevi, but yes Schofield also need to be gone at the end of the season.

Pouncey I don't have a problem with him being here I just think they are going to be counting on him more than what he is able to give. It is just a bad situation because you can't completely overhaul the oline in one year the fact that TT has neglected the oline and made bad choices in his selection has really hurt the team.

Who are the the guys that you can say he will be solid on the o-line in 2020? Replacing two starters is tuff, three is impossible. The only two with a resume of playing at high level are Pouncy & Okung. Quessnbery has held his own, can he do it full time, Lamp showed potential but man he has yet to make it through a whole season, Pipken is work in progress can he make the jump next season. That is a lot of ifs on the oline and we counting on the two we know that can perform at high level in Pouncey and Okung to stay healthy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I don't claim to be a Doctor, but Chris Bosch Miami Heat basketball player came back and later retired because of blood clots, it just nothing is 100% guarantee especially in Pro Football a whole lot more phyiscality involved.

I just feel there is a whole lot of questions with the o-line going into 2020. I did mention Scott and Tevi, but yes Schofield also need to be gone at the end of the season.

Pouncey I don't have a problem with him being here I just think they are going to be counting on him more than what he is able to give. It is just a bad situation because you can't completely overhaul the oline in one year the fact that TT has neglected the oline and made bad choices in his selection has really hurt the team.

Who are the the guys that you can say he will be solid on the o-line in 2020? Replacing two starters is tuff, three is impossible. The only two with a resume of playing at high level are Pouncy & Okung. Quessnbery has held his own, can he do it full time, Lamp showed potential but man he has yet to make it through a whole season, Pipken is work in progress can he make the jump next season. That is a lot of ifs on the oline and we counting on the two we know that can perform at high level in Pouncey and Okung to stay healthy.
              2004: Hardwick, Goff, Olivea, Oben, .... it can be done, but it helps if you know what you are doing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Chris Bosch ? Medical advancements have improved exponentially. The NFL is very cognizant of potential liabiity issues these days. My concerns with Okung have been that he would never come back and that he would have slow recovery from loss of strength. This is a classic side effect. The working model should be the Nebraska player who was back to his old self by the following year.

2004 ? I would argue that Dlinemen are much better now. Colleges do not now develop pro ready Olinemen. Also, there is scarcity at Oline league wide. Hardwick, Goff, Olivea, Oben. The sum was greater than the total of the parts. It was more like AJ was luckier than TT. It just worked. They played well together, rather than they were more talented. Now, we still need to find chemistry. We need to draft an outstanding Olineman, to bring the whole unit to life. OLT/Center, Okung/Pouncey, that is a huge loss. Round 3 raw prospect/UDFA, Pipkins/TScott, that is a shit show of a bookend combo.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Chris Bosch ? Medical advancements have improved exponentially. The NFL is very cognizant of potential liabiity issues these days. My concerns with Okung have been that he would never come back and that he would have slow recovery from loss of strength. This is a classic side effect. The working model should be the Nebraska player who was back to his old self by the following year.

2004 ? I would argue that Dlinemen are much better now. Colleges do not now develop pro ready Olinemen. Also, there is scarcity at Oline league wide. Hardwick, Goff, Olivea, Oben. The sum was greater than the total of the parts. It was more like AJ was luckier than TT. It just worked. They played well together, rather than they were more talented. Now, we still need to find chemistry. We need to draft an outstanding Olineman, to bring the whole unit to life. OLT/Center, Okung/Pouncey, that is a huge loss. Round 3 raw prospect/UDFA, Pipkins/TScott, that is a shit show of a bookend combo.
                  isser:Richard Seymour, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Jason Taylor, Jared Allen, Bertrand Berry, Simeon Rice, Kevin Williams, Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, John Abraham, Justin Smith, John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, Tommy Harris, Darnell Docket, Jamaal Williams, Albert Haynesworth...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Peppers is a good one at least.
                    JWall.
                    BTW no need to piss upwind.
                    Another thing, I wasn't ranting at you before.
                    I was using your post to rant in general.
                    And who is that holding her big cat, GF ?

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Lynn said at his presser yesterday that Pipkins played well and gave up two sacks. If every lineman gave up two sacks, we would have 10 sacks. That’s not good, coach.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

What is the consensus opinion on the play of Quessenberry? Is he a keeper? Is he a legitimate starter at center good enough to replace Pouncey? Pouncey is under contract for one more year? Keep him or cut him?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Q has been SOLID!
                          Dump Pouncey.

Comment

Working...
                          X