• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Something tells me Lynn is not the kind of coach to make these types of changes. Continuity is key with him it seems, whatever that may bring.
    It is important for Lynn. Additionally, I'm not ready to throw the towel on Pat Meyers yet compared to others. But I do want to see continued improvements in our pass blocking, while maintaining our successful run blocking.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Some may call it continuity, I think it's more just being stubborn in the face of reason and I think it could end up being his downfall. We have all fully felt the utter and complete waste of multiple players careers for the sake of continuity.
      You're not wrong.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Some may call it continuity, I think it's more just being stubborn in the face of reason and I think it could end up being his downfall. We have all fully felt the utter and complete waste of multiple players careers for the sake of continuity.
        Continuity should be a dirty word to Charger fans

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Soft Charger fans everywhere are declaring Forrest Lamp a bust. They may have spoken too soon...or too often.

Besides, "I called it" never works, especially when it is a lucky guess, or when it is the product of going mental and being obsessed. That is not good discussion on a fan forum.

I stated two weeks ago that I am personally disappointed in Lamp's having failed to ascend to a clear cut starting role this summer. However, in spite of his having, ironically, a similar hole in his game to Feeney, namely lunging and getting off balance, Lamp is coming along just fine.

Now, what's REALLY relevant. What the Sam Hill is going on with our Oline unit ?As some of us have said, the key is the IOL.

BUF will serve as our best working model. I remember seeing a video, a study of how the Bills did it, circa 2017. The analysis showed such anomalies as Ritchie Incognito pulling, and illustrating clearly in my mind, what this thing looks like, when it is done right.

In 2015,6,7 BUF had the most productive running game in the NFL. It featured the continuing excellence of Ritchie Incognito OLG, Eric Wood C, and Shady McCoy RB. Incognito/Wood would, time and time again, get out in front and make effective blocks out in space. McCoy would read the blocks and produce many, many chunk plays.

This will be the key to our entire offense. Feeney/Lamp--Pouncey will get out in front, just like what was accomplished last year before Pouncey wore down. Explosive Ekeler and Shady-like Justin Jackson will give us chunk plays.

Defenses will be required to be honest. The pass blocking will be survivable. It will take a few games, but it will all come together. We will have the added bonus of having PR and Pouncey at the helm.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Soft Charger fans everywhere are declaring Forrest Lamp a bust. They may have spoken too soon...or too often.

Besides, "I called it" never works, especially when it is a lucky guess, or when it is the product of going mental and being obsessed. That is not good discussion on a fan forum.

I stated two weeks ago that I am personally disappointed in Lamp's having failed to ascend to a clear cut starting role this summer. However, in spite of his having, ironically, a similar hole in his game to Feeney, namely lunging and getting off balance, Lamp is coming along just fine.

Now, what's REALLY relevant. What the Sam Hill is going on with our Oline unit ?As some of us have said, the key is the IOL.

BUF will serve as our best working model. I remember seeing a video, a study of how the Bills did it, circa 2017. The analysis showed such anomalies as Ritchie Incognito pulling, and illustrating clearly in my mind, what this thing looks like, when it is done right.

In 2015,6,7 BUF had the most productive running game in the NFL. It featured the continuing excellence of Ritchie Incognito OLG, Eric Wood C, and Shady McCoy RB. Incognito/Wood would, time and time again, get out in front and make effective blocks out in space. McCoy would read the blocks and produce many, many chunk plays.

This will be the key to our entire offense. Feeney/Lamp--Pouncey will get out in front, just like what was accomplished last year before Pouncey wore down. Explosive Ekeler and Shady-like Justin Jackson will give us chunk plays.

Defenses will be required to be honest. The pass blocking will be survivable. It will take a few games, but it will all come together. We will have the added bonus of having PR and Pouncey at the helm.
            So, Wood, yer saying we're gonna see more of THIS???:

image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, Wood, yer saying we're gonna see more of THIS???:

image.png
              Yes ! See how Culkin has grown in his blocking too. BUF/LAC concepts...a Pat Meyer production.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yes ! See how Culkin has grown in his blocking too. BUF/LAC concepts...a Pat Meyer production.
                Yep...didn't see this kind of a play too much under MM...love all those lead blockers...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

One year, $9mil extension for Mike Pouncey.

Continuity...

Comment

• sufan144
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Texans traded their entire future for this year. If they win a Super Bowl this year then it paid off. Otherwise they got fleeced by the Dolphins. Also you do realize that the Patriots traded for the equivalent of Tevi and Drango right? If we had done that, they would just be scrubs according to some here

My reaction Chargers have a 2 to 3 year window with Rivers they need to be all in now I dont blame the Texans there Oline is terrible let's look at some of the Chargers previous Quarterbacks let's see Ryan Queef Leaf Billy Joe Overthrow Tolliver Mark not classic Vlassic Babe the pig Laufenberg John I never Freeze the DB Friesz Mark the bone Malone Jim not so slim Mc Mahon Moses God Forbid Moreno Craig I am not a fan of Whelihan Tom not Easton Stick Flick Bob Gagliano I should have played the Piano Erik Kramer versus Kramer none could be lamer Jim Everret once called Chris by Jim Rome I guess Quarterbacks grow on trees no they dont so mr Telesco & co let's do something now period.

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Lamp is off.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                        Lamp is off.
                        Lamp just needs to be plugged in.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Don't make light of the situation.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X