• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I don't totally disagree with the inexperience thing. But since Lamp has been around. studying and watching, he is not quite like a rookie. And Scott has actually played....some. I am not saying it is like having extensive experience, but they may credit time on team more than many of us do.

Schotty was a big believer in never starting 2 rookies next to each other on the OL.

All that being said, I would not necessarily bet against your proposed starting lineup.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      First team issued unofficial depth chart.
      Trent Scott OLT#1.
      Dan Feeney OLG#1.
      Forrest Lamp ORG#2.

In keeping with my theory that we will not have inexperience side by side...

Scott-Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Tevi.
      If this is the case, then Lamp helps solidify the right side of our line, which has been shaky with Scho and Tevi.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

i was thinking backwards, lol. Yeah, this lineup.
        Last edited by blueman; 08-06-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          First team issued unofficial depth chart.
          Trent Scott OLT#1.
          Dan Feeney OLG#1.
          Forrest Lamp ORG#2.

In keeping with my theory that we will not have inexperience side by side...

Scott-Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Tevi.
          That's my preferred lineup due to Lamp starting over Schofield.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

That's my preferred lineup due to Lamp starting over Schofield.
            I prefer Okung - Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Tevi.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I prefer Okung - Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Tevi.
              Well that's my preferred as well. But we don't know when Okung is coming back, so that's the ideal nightmare scenario for me with the current roster makeup.

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Starting O-line week one is:

Scott - Lamp - Pouncey - Schofield - Tevi

All the other stuff is the Chargers coaching staff trying to increase versatility to prepare for injuries ... I would sure feel better if we had another vet OT on the team who could start on the left side and move to the right when Okung returns.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Well that's my preferred as well. But we don't know when Okung is coming back, so that's the ideal nightmare scenario for me with the current roster makeup.
                  Tom Telesco today said that there is no time-table for Okung's return.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Tom Telesco today said that there is no time-table for Okung's return.
                    I think that was already known as his next medical evaluation isn't until the end of August. Until then everything is in limbo as to his timetable.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

It's not all that horrible if Okung misses camp. 30-ish players are not developing new skills. They know the technique and know how to play the game. He was at practice in OTA's, so he has some practice under his belt.

At this point, it is a an opportunity for Pipkins, Scott and Tevi to step up and shine. They will get extra reps in practice and all should embrace the challenge. I don't think their ability to handle Nwosu, Ingram and Bosa will be the only thing they need to do to prove they can be quality starters, but it is a necessary step along the way. If you can step up and meet the challenge of playing against our edge rushers, then it will make them better for when they go against the other top edge rushers.

Okung thing doesn't become an issue until he starts to miss games. If it is just a couple, we need to be able to step up and do that. If it is more, than we really need the other OT to develop super fast.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

The other part of the OL nightmare is it appears we don't have anyone capable of outplaying Tevi. I have wondered this - if they discovered in practice that Scott is the better choice at LT, could it be that he's a better choice at RT when Okung can play again?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The other part of the OL nightmare is it appears we don't have anyone capable of outplaying Tevi. I have wondered this - if they discovered in practice that Scott is the better choice at LT, could it be that he's a better choice at RT when Okung can play again?
                          That would mean we have upgraded our right tackle position of course that is all based on Okung being able to play again. TT doesn't seem to be worried about it now, maybe a vet OT will be available when the cuts begin. The kind of player that would be out there is going to be either an older vet, or a fringe younger player that doesn't make a team. Here's hoping Okung is back soon I think we'll be okay with Tevi and Scott the first two weeks with Colts, then Lions, but week 3 the Texans Watt and Cloney is bad news.

Comment

Working...
                          X