• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Everything is happening according to my prediction.

Let me add here that the reason we are not seeing Forrest Lamp is that Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield are blocking like a chorus line, tight on every note.

We are getting there real fast folks.
    It is coming together.

Year 3. Pat Meyer. :smile:
    Not sure I want an OL that compares to a chorus line. I want beasts and maulers not the Rockettes.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not sure I want an OL that compares to a chorus line. I want beasts and maulers not the Rockettes.
      How about a broadway musical? Stomp? For the interior and Starlight Express for the Tackles?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Wait, we have an Andrew Lloyd Webber Oline??

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Wait a minute.
          Neaderthal Trenchers suck.
          wu-dai knows the nuances of artistic Oline play.
          Deal with it.

#wisdomofwu
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Rewatch that game. There was plenty of mauling in the run game. Screen game was really well executed. Offense put up around 450yrds. Yes there was a stretch of poor play, highlited by Scott, but there were a lot of positives as well. Lets hope they learn from their mistakes and take another step up.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

If the OL is a piece of art then it resembles a Jackson Pollack piece... throw it up against the wall, see what sticks, hope others appreciate it.

If the OL is a movie then it would be called The Deer Hunter. Rivers plays the deer... D-linemen star as the hunters.

If the OL is a song then it would be Another One Bites The Dust.

If the OL is a book then it would be The Winter of Our Discontent.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                If the OL is a piece of art then it resembles a Jackson Pollack piece... throw it up against the wall, see what sticks, hope others appreciate it.

If the OL is a movie then it would be called The Deer Hunter. Rivers plays the deer... D-linemen star as the hunters.

If the OL is a song then it would be Another One Bites The Dust.

If the OL is a book then it would be The Winter of Our Discontent.
                And yet somehow despite many on this board constantly bemoaning the oline and Wiz, we avg'd over 6 ypc, had an excellent screen game, and put up over 450yds and won vs a quality opponent and D.

Are there areas and things that need improving...absolutely. Is the sky falling? Not at this time.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                  Day One...
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Brentwood, 94513
                  • Send PM

As much as I wanted to see Lamp, seeing massive holes and teamwork was better. Downfield blocking, second level blocking, sweet. With Lamp in the fold, Elephant formation and we should go for every 4th and 1.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Rewatch that game. There was plenty of mauling in the run game. Screen game was really well executed. Offense put up around 450yrds. Yes there was a stretch of poor play, highlited by Scott, but there were a lot of positives as well. Lets hope they learn from their mistakes and take another step up.
                    Schofield got beat bad a couple of times in Pass Pro, stalling a key drive in the second half, but he is "synching" (not "sinking!") with Pouncey in run blocking.
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                    Ben Herbert

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

And yet somehow despite many on this board constantly bemoaning the oline and Wiz, we avg'd over 6 ypc, had an excellent screen game, and put up over 450yds and won vs a quality opponent and D.

Are there areas and things that need improving...absolutely. Is the sky falling? Not at this time.
                      Our OL is well-suited to running the ball. But don't get too over-excited. The Colts lost their best run stopper (Al Woods) and tries to replace him with 295 pound Margus Hunt. And their offense was anemic early on, allowing us to stick to our strength (running). My fears lie with our pass protection. Once we start playing dynamic offenses (NE/KC) who tend to lead early, I think we have big problems when we need to pass on offense to keep up. Both Tevi and Scott are below average pass protectors. That's just a fact. Our goal shouldn't be to beat the Colts, it should be to beat playoff bound teams (KC, Balt, NE).

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Our OL is well-suited to running the ball. But don't get too over-excited. The Colts lost their best run stopper (Al Woods) and tries to replace him with 295 pound Margus Hunt. And their offense was anemic early on, allowing us to stick to our strength (running). My fears lie with our pass protection. Once we start playing dynamic offenses (NE/KC) who tend to lead early, I think we have big problems when we need to pass on offense to keep up. Both Tevi and Scott are below average pass protectors. That's just a fact. Our goal shouldn't be to beat the Colts, it should be to beat playoff bound teams (KC, Balt, NE).
                        I would expect them also to improve as young players do over the season. or do u believe they are close to their ceiling? My opinion is they are closer to their floor than ceiling. I am expecting that to get better. The superbowl is many weeks away and champions are not crowned in early September.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X