• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Our OL is well-suited to running the ball. But don't get too over-excited. The Colts lost their best run stopper (Al Woods) and tries to replace him with 295 pound Margus Hunt. And their offense was anemic early on, allowing us to stick to our strength (running). My fears lie with our pass protection. Once we start playing dynamic offenses (NE/KC) who tend to lead early, I think we have big problems when we need to pass on offense to keep up. Both Tevi and Scott are below average pass protectors. That's just a fact. Our goal shouldn't be to beat the Colts, it should be to beat playoff bound teams (KC, Balt, NE).
    The team has allowed Rivers to get sacked in 18 of the last 19 games. That's how bad the pass protection is. The one game the Chargers didn't give up a sack was the week 17 game at Denver.

Whisenhunt should do more with Green and Culkin in terms of receiving. Those two can block, and they can do what is needed to get defenses by surprise. The team depends too much on Henry for catches IMO.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The team has allowed Rivers to get sacked in 18 of the last 19 games. That's how bad the pass protection is. The one game the Chargers didn't give up a sack was the week 17 game at Denver.

Whisenhunt should do more with Green and Culkin in terms of receiving. Those two can block, and they can do what is needed to get defenses by surprise. The team depends too much on Henry for catches IMO.
      Henry is a complete TE. Blocks well in addition to being a weapon. Qbs get sacked. It happens, especially if put in bad situations. Odds are when u pass 30-40 times a game and they are not all dink n dunk sacks will occur.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Henry is a complete TE. Blocks well in addition to being a weapon. Qbs get sacked. It happens, especially if put in bad situations. Odds are when u pass 30-40 times a game and they are not all dink n dunk sacks will occur.
        A very effective look vs IND involved 21 Personnel. KA-MW-HH-AE-DW.

As you keenly observed, Watt was killing it.

Look for more snaps for Culkin. Last year we made hay with 12 Personnel...two TE sets. The blocks set up well.

Anything to help our Oline.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

A very effective look vs IND involved 21 Personnel. KA-MW-HH-AE-DW.

As you keenly observed, Watt was killing it.

Look for more snaps for Culkin. Last year we made hay with 12 Personnel...two TE sets. The blocks set up well.

Anything to help our Oline.
          I actually love power game with 21 personnel, then play action passing off it. Very successful.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I actually love power game with 21 personnel, then play action passing off it. Very successful.
            Dat's what I'm talking about.

imp:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Bust is an irrelevant term.

Lamp was a low-level contributor yesterday.

This is better than his first two years.

I liked our run blocking, but putting five in the route is always going to lead to more sacks.

We don't like to protect we like to attack. This is philosophy.
              Yet irrelevant terms get thrown around so often.

Lamp in for Schofield is now my goal. It'll happen in 2020. Saying this right now. I called it. :shifty:

The rest of your post is a rare sighting of a genius level post.

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Norv approves

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The Chargers have allowed Rivers to be sacked in 100% of seasons played. The lowest sack total of PR's career came in 2017 (18) when we won 9 games. Worst year : 2012 (49) when we won 7. While no sacks would be best, he's had some very good years when the avg was @ 2 sacks per game. That's a season average. Taking a single bad example and multiplying by 16 doesn't work.
                  W-L is always a team result. It's a good bet that Whis & Lynn have a plan in mind. I wish them all the best with it.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yet irrelevant terms get thrown around so often.

Lamp in for Schofield is now my goal. It'll happen in 2020. Saying this right now. I called it. :shifty:

The rest of your post is a rare sighting of a genius level post.
                    I think that's Lynn & Meyer's goal too, although OL injuries could accelerate Lamp's playing. I believe you are in good company.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The Chargers have allowed Rivers to be sacked in 100% of seasons played. The lowest sack total of PR's career came in 2017 (18) when we won 9 games. Worst year : 2012 (49) when we won 7. While no sacks would be best, he's had some very good years when the avg was @ 2 sacks per game. That's a season average. Taking a single bad example and multiplying by 16 doesn't work.
                      W-L is always a team result. It's a good bet that Whis & Lynn have a plan in mind. I wish them all the best with it.
                      Good point...sacks come with the territory, people...we did WIN vs. the Colts, right?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        If the OL is a piece of art then it resembles a Jackson Pollack piece... throw it up against the wall, see what sticks, hope others appreciate it.

If the OL is a movie then it would be called The Deer Hunter. Rivers plays the deer... D-linemen star as the hunters.

If the OL is a song then it would be Another One Bites The Dust.

If the OL is a book then it would be The Winter of Our Discontent.
                        you know that they didn't kill the deer, right?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point...sacks come with the territory, people...we did WIN vs. the Colts, right?
                          Hard to know by reading a few of these snowflake posters.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X