Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I clicked on this link to find out the latest news about the OL and you guys have hijacked the OL thread to discuss the DL. LOL
    True Roo.

BTT.....

SCOTT-LAMP-POUNCEY-FEENEY-TEVI

PIPKINS - QBERRY - SCHOFIELD - ?

Do we keep a 9th with Okung down? Do we ride w/8 until he is activated? Will Russell play again this season/ever?
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Schofield started against Arizona. Watching him, he looked inadequate as usual & I don't understand it - but he'll start. Lamp took his place when he left. Lamp or Feeney will be a backup.

Scott / Lamp / Pouncey / Schofield / Tevi (Feeney, Quessenberry, Pipkins, ?)

or

Scott / Feeney / Pouncey / Schofield / Tevi (Lamp, Quessenberry, Pipkins, ? )

Pipkins is not ready to do anything, so they'll go out and get someone waived for the 9th position)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

'Roo. ninja. I gave them the pirate emoji and they still would not back off. lol.

Fact is, we are bulging at OL/DL. It is a bit strange. Huge question marks. Lots of candidates. Camp competition. It is about to get interesting in the next few weeks.

richpjr made have just nailed it on our starting 22. Then again, I expect to be shocked when make our final 53. TT what you got ?
        You don't know ball

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
          Hey you guys could be right about Justin Jones starting. I don't know, I just can't see a third round draft pick starting over a first round pick. Now what I can see and I would be for it is if Jones and Tillery are starting at the same time with Mebane coming off the bench. I will say a combination of Jones and Tillery could be very deadly for other teams.
          Think rookie rehabbing shoulder surgery vs 2nd yr player that is playing well. Reliable vets Jones & Mebane are most likely starters in 1st defensive series vs Colts. Being dtafted higher doesn't earn a higher position in rotation. Tillery has to prove he can handle the reps, show up and earn it. JT will get his shots. I wish him well, he looks like he can be a stud DL for us.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            'Roo. ninja. I gave them the pirate emoji and they still would not back off. lol.

Fact is, we are bulging at OL/DL. It is a bit strange. Huge question marks. Lots of candidates. Camp competition. It is about to get interesting in the next few weeks.

richpjr made have just nailed it on our starting 22. Then again, I expect to be shocked when make our final 53. TT what you got ?
            LOL! Not a lot of news. We has speculated the heck out of OLs. We all know the candidates. My guess: Scott-Lamp-Pouncey-Scho/Feeney-Tevi.
            I think they may end up liking the OGs they drafted, make Scho the swing OT.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Baldly on Pouncey.....

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                Wow ... Pouncey is way better than I realized ...

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Telesco after the loss to the Pats: "The offensive line is not broken".

Reality from preseason game 2: The offensive line is badly broken.

Pipkins could probably have been had in Round 6. I doubt he was on anyone's radar. Round 3 players should start, not be "projects".

Stick was a waste in Round 5. We already have a competent back-up QB and Stick is not an upgrade over Jones at #3.

So we essentially wasted Rounds 3 and 5 when we could have done something to sure up the o-line. Nothing in free agency either.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt !

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
                    Telesco after the loss to the Pats: "The offensive line is not broken".

Reality from preseason game 2: The offensive line is badly broken.

Pipkins could probably have been had in Round 6. I doubt he was on anyone's radar. Round 3 players should start, not be "projects".

Stick was a waste in Round 5. We already have a competent back-up QB and Stick is not an upgrade over Jones at #3.

So we essentially wasted Rounds 3 and 5 when we could have done something to sure up the o-line. Nothing in free agency either.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt !
                    Welcome aboard.

That's a valid argument. But the reality is TT gets to build his team his way. And he's done a good job of it. Except for the OL.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      Thanks! Obviously the OL was not terrible. They had two bad games in 2018. They also had impressively good games. Pouncey is a great addition and a team leader. Can't wait to see them vs Colts!

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

After rewatching the Saints game, I'm convinced the starting OL will be Scott - Feeney - Pouncey - Lamp - Tevi

Schofield looked lost at times looking for someone to block, but when Lamp and Feeney were both in at guard, the pocket looked very clean.

I think they'll keep Pipkins over Drango for the swing tackle, as I saw Pip take snaps on both the left and right side.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I clicked on this link to find out the latest news about the OL and you guys have hijacked the OL thread to discuss the DL. LOL
                          Its death by 1000 cuts for me sometimes. lol Like separating sand.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍