Bolts at Cards Game Day Thread (Preseason #1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

How did Lamp look? I saw only the beginning of the game and he was solid for the most part

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      MW and HH looked good, but the rest? Meh.
      The Bolts went straight down the field while any 2nd teamers were on the field. I think any issues with the WRs is based on opportunity.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        How did Lamp look? I saw only the beginning of the game and he was solid for the most part
        I thought Lamp looked solid. It's tough to tell in the 1st preseason game. He wasn't matched up against the best
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Well, let's put it this way. Lamp started and played pretty much all the game at LG, and I didn't see TOO MUCH evidence of the pocket collapsing. That sack of Kordell was mainly because he held onto the rock too long and DIDN'T step up into the pocket...Pretty decent pass pro most of the night...Feeney wasn't too bad at center, either...no bobbled snaps at all, and pass pro on IOL was good...CORRECTION--LAMP had a few whiffs...still looks like a rook...see other thread on analysis...
          Last edited by Topcat; 08-09-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

I wasn't pleased about the way the Oline performed collectively. I missed the first two drives; but what i saw was the starters unable to control the line of scrimmage against 2nd - 3rd stringers. They couldn't really run the ball & the pass protection was just okay.

Not encouraging....& yes, Cardale Jones was part of the problem.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

One thing about MG is he doesn't let go of the rock. If I remember we lost a close game with Ekeler fumbling, hope he learns how to hold onto the ball.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                One thing about MG is he doesn't let go of the rock. If I remember we lost a close game with Ekeler fumbling, hope he learns how to hold onto the ball.
                Gordon had 5 fumbles his first year and ball security was a big concern, but he worked at correcting it and now it isn't an issue. I'd have to rewatch the fumble play again, but it looked like Ekeler had a bit of trouble with the handoff so may never have secured it well.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  I was disappointed in the WRs. The First string OL was credible though.

Me too, but it is hard to shine when Cardelle Jones is your QB! Overall WR's can be a concern if any of the top 3 get injured (Allen, M. Williams, Benjamin) none of the guys last night gave me the filling like hey this guy can come in and makes some plays in a real NFL game.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• bartman83642
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Gordon had 5 fumbles his first year and ball security was a big concern, but he worked at correcting it and now it isn't an issue. I'd have to rewatch the fumble play again, but it looked like Ekeler had a bit of trouble with the handoff so may never have secured it well.
                        I actually missed that play and my DVR isn't working so I can't review it. Was really disappointing though with the drive they had going.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          You're thinking of the game in Jax

Comment

Working...
                          X