• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale SeasonTix
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    On Stick's TD run, it was again the outside pressure that flushed Stick out to scramble for that TD. Stick is so slippery, got to give the kid credit for instantly moving up--no hesitation at all--great instincts! Watch it all at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEL9nmD1dZ4

image.png
    Thanks for sharing those. I know it is a lot of work.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Thanks for the visuals, cat...very useful !
      Now I must say, Sir, is it possible that your love for Detrez has colored your takes here ? Maybe. But Ek/JJ look so dynamic. We may need to keep Jeremy Cox over Detrez. See Ek's goal line mishap.

i just rewatched the game, in the patented, wu-dai, condensed, slo mo stop action mode.
      and this is what I saw.
      --I am over the moon about the left side of our Oline. It was just a glimpse, but Scott-Lamp-Feeney were destroying. Holes were opened up. Ek/JJ were reading well and had good rhythm. Shred that D. Gawd, can Pouncey play ORG ? Well Schofield looked OK. How about Scott-Lamp-Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield. Sammy the Ute to schwing tackle...jus' noodlin' here.
      --Lanier looked good.. The comp for roster spots @ Dline is gonna be tight. I remain confident the our defense is gonna be killer. Contain and inside pressure is how we will deal with the Kyler's and the Mahomes of the world.
      --It is a lot of fun to watch Tyrod & Easton, with their mobility. It really takes pressure off the Oline. Phil, get some track shoes. We wanna see you run for first downs and give us that signal.
      --I remain fearful that Okung's career might be over. We must not be selfish here. It is gonna be fun to watch Trent Scott develop. It all started with some grainy Grambling film, props to Emory Hunt aka Em Diggy. I am calling first on this dude. Diligence matters

That is all.

PSG1. Nothing more. Nothing less. Out.

wisdom of wu
      You don't know ball

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Rewatching parts of the game. Lots of holding and blocks in the back by the OL. I think the refs swallowed the whistle because its preseason. Or maybe they are just letting those calls go more this year
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          It is gonna be fun to watch Trent Scott develop. It all started with some grainy Grambling film, props to Emory Hunt aka Em Diggy. I am calling first on this dude. Diligence matters
          easy on the first call wu dai.... you know who made early mention (this offseason).... that we'll be just fine w/Mr. Scott.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Only saw the first quarter and a bit. Been looking for the vid of Sticks run. I heard Broughton looked pretty good. I would like to think that a core of Jones, Tillery, and Broughton will anchor a stout and penetrating Interior DL for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

easy on the first call wu dai.... you know who made early mention (this offseason).... that we'll be just fine w/Mr. Scott.
              My original source was Football Gameplan,
              all the way back before the draft
              after which we signed Trent Scott. :smile:
              You don't know ball

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                Only saw the first quarter and a bit. Been looking for the vid of Sticks run. I heard Broughton looked pretty good. I would like to think that a core of Jones, Tillery, and Broughton will anchor a stout and penetrating Interior DL for the foreseeable future.
                think Derrick Brown is still the missing link, as suspect that the both of Jones and Broughton are going to be decent/helpful, albeit think Jerry is still recovering his health, and will be looking for his run defense for quite some time as not sure he doesn't end up an NFL journeyman @DT, as opposed to the insta starter than many here have crowned him.

do think we'll be better @times w/Justin 'n Cortez, just not quite all the way there, and at a position group that really matters come playoff time.
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think Derrick Brown is still the missing link, as suspect that the both of Jones and Broughton are going to be decent/helpful, albeit think Jerry is still recovering his health, and will be looking for his run defense for quite some time as not sure he doesn't end up an NFL journeyman @DT, as opposed to the insta starter than many here have crowned him.

do think we'll be better @times w/Justin 'n Cortez, just not quite all the way there, and at a position group that really matters come playoff time.
                  I think you will be eating crow down the line as to Tilllery's effectiveness. We shall see.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I think you will be eating crow down the line as to Tilllery's effectiveness. We shall see.
                    My man Tillery seems to get more skepticism than love from Chargers fans... quite disturbing
                    idk
                    To me, his skill set seems like a perfect fit for our D
                    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I saw Broughton makes some plays. I was very happy with what I saw of him. Especially the play where he engaged the O lineman and strung out a running play to the sideline, threw off the OL and got in on the tackle. That was a hell of a play.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Thanks for the visuals, cat...very useful !
                        Now I must say, Sir, is it possible that your love for Detrez has colored your takes here ? Maybe. But Ek/JJ look so dynamic. We may need to keep Jeremy Cox over Detrez. See Ek's goal line mishap.

i just rewatched the game, in the patented, wu-dai, condensed, slo mo stop action mode.
                        and this is what I saw.
                        --I am over the moon about the left side of our Oline. It was just a glimpse, but Scott-Lamp-Feeney were destroying. Holes were opened up. Ek/JJ were reading well and had good rhythm. Shred that D. Gawd, can Pouncey play ORG ? Well Schofield looked OK. How about Scott-Lamp-Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield. Sammy the Ute to schwing tackle...jus' noodlin' here.
                        --Lanier looked good.. The comp for roster spots @ Dline is gonna be tight. I remain confident the our defense is gonna be killer. Contain and inside pressure is how we will deal with the Kyler's and the Mahomes of the world.
                        --It is a lot of fun to watch Tyrod & Easton, with their mobility. It really takes pressure off the Oline. Phil, get some track shoes. We wanna see you run for first downs and give us that signal.
                        --I remain fearful that Okung's career might be over. We must not be selfish here. It is gonna be fun to watch Trent Scott develop. It all started with some grainy Grambling film, props to Emory Hunt aka Em Diggy. I am calling first on this dude. Diligence matters

That is all.

PSG1. Nothing more. Nothing less. Out.

wisdom of wu
                        Regarding Detrez, he hardly got any touches at all...it was Ekkie, JJ and then...Pope? Oh well, let's see what happens next game...agree, the left side of the line looked good in run blocking early on...in pass pro, Tyrod and Stick are so nimble, they basically covered up our pass pro deficiencies...Lamp and Pip struggled at times in pass pro, but then this is still early for both of them...I'll reserve my final judgment on their readiness after PS is over...and Wood, you were dead right in your analysis the past year or two that the IOL is the key...keep the pocket clean and at LEAST the QB can step up and make the completion (Rivers); or if it's Tyrod or Stick, they can step up and throw it, OR scramble...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                          Love the breakdowns Cat.

I see NFL pockets in the last 3 pics though. QB is 8-9 yards deep. Step up and deliver the ball.
                          Most pockets are not the classic U.

2.5 seconds is a good barometer for minimum time to pass.
                          3.2 seconds or more is very solid.
                          As Wud has repeatedly preached, keeping the IOL clean is the key...you do that, and even if there's outside pressure, your QB can step up into that pocket...buys another second or two and makes all the difference...I'd like to see how Lamp does with Pouncey at C...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍