• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I'm thinking Rivers, Tyrod, and Stick may be the best tandem of QB's in many years.

I hope they give Tyrod and Stick more playing time in the next game.
    Halves? Yes!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I'm thinking Rivers, Tyrod, and Stick may be the best tandem of QB's in many years.

I hope they give Tyrod and Stick more playing time in the next game.
      Yep. Giving Kordell more reps is like trying to bail out the sinking Titanic...with a teacup...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

no coaches 22 available for pre-season yet. sigh

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

They will give Kordel as many looks as they can before cutting him. I've already seen enough. He has reached his ceiling and just isn't a NFL QB.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            ... I've already seen enough. He has reached his ceiling and just isn't a NFL QB.
            This. He isn't a rookie. He's not a second year QB. He's had plenty of time, and he's gotten worse if he's changed at all.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Jones has gotten better. He is not producing any more on the field, but that is the level of players he is on the field with more than anything.

Jones has never developed the pocket presence to learn when to hold the ball, throw it away and when to scramble. He has good legs, but he doesn't get much on the ground. And while he has a near Ryan Leaf caliber arm, he is just not that accurate and doesn't do much as a passer.

I hope he flashes something that makes another team want him, but his NFL career is winding down quickly, and I have a hard time thinking he can do anything to make the Chargers after Stick showed so much more than Jones has shown.

As far as Tyrod, I am not sure how much more he has to prove. If they feel like he needs it, fine. But I suspect he knows the O, and the timing with the receivers will come in time.

I would rather see Stick get more playing time. He was really kinda struggling there and he got it turned around and started playing well That is tough to do, especially with a bunch of guys still figuring out what to do, in their 1st preseason game. He did well with his legs, showed some grit fighting back, and made some nice reads as well as a couple of nice throws. HE could have played better, but it was a nice 1st NFL game.
              Last edited by Steve; 08-13-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍