• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by moneyisevil View Post

I actually taped it so I did end up watching it and looked at game tape, so first of all I will apologize for calling you names, my bad we seem to see things much differently! I Look at the overall picture not just the stats, there was a reason the majority of pro's and bets were placed on our Bolts, they saw our team as being much better in all aspects except at the line of scrimmage ! The point spread didn't even move with our injuries, that's telling me we should have still dominated the game but we didn't, our D is lack luster at best or Bradley is not a very good D coordinator for the players we have. Our entire D looked pathetic in the second half, we can't cover anyone and can't seem to tackle or be in the position to tackle. We can just agree to disagree, thats what I see as far as the game, everyone was saying Brissett sucks on this board, then after the game they change to this guy is brilliant, he's not that good, our D played just that bad like they do against players they should dominate all the time ! Peace !
    Set some over/under stats that you'd be comfortable taking and maybe we can make a bet on this.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

There is no reason for anyone to yell or be upset.....

The problem is way too many people just use overall stats to judge the quality of teams or QB's...... total yardage stats mean virtually nothing..... yardage for QB's has a lot to do with the HC's....... most teams when they get a lead switch to a Run, run, run, game to run out the clock, but coaches like Peyton in NO keeps passing the ball even with huge leads, just to inflate QB stats...... vs QB's like Rivers have always been coached by run oriented coaches who once they have a lead run the ball more to run out clock..... so guys like Rivers and others never run up crazy stats....... teams with bad defenses tend to also run up more passing stats cause they are behind and are forced to......

It does not matter how many total rushing yards we gave up..... the important issue was EVERY single time there was a short yardage situation, the Colts got it running straight through our defense..... sometimes getting hit in backfield and still driving forward for a first down gain or a score.....

We all know its hard to tell certain things because its only been one week, but inability to tackle is not something that suddenly changes.......

Yes, its great that we won a game that we should have lost..... it would feel much better if it were against the chiefs or pats.....or colts with Luck...... but the colts are not going to win many games this year without luck..... Luck made that team a playoff contending team just like zRivers makes the Chargers a playoff contending team.....

Brissett is 5-14 as an NFL starter for a reason.......which indicates he is NOT a great QB....not even average.....BUT chargers made him look like a future HOfer..... with a 120 QBR!.....best game by far in his career........

if we play the same way against DET we or anyone else, we will not win......

The good news is we finally have a great kicking situation...... punting and essentially two great place kickers.....

Good news is our OL is finally starting to look like they can run block.... and pass blocking was better than expected.....

May be Chargers should trade for that Miami DB so we can have a 2nd starting quality CB..... (since King is the NB)

We cannot afford any more injuries....

if we can protect Rivers and pressure stafford, we should win easily, but we haven't seen and easy chargers win in a long long time.....
      It certainly does not. It indicates that he's been a starter on shitty teams. A QB is far from the only determiner on whether a team wins or loses. When he was on a good team, the Pats, he was 2-1 as a starter. :shrug: When he was on that train wreck Colts team, that had horrendous play calling, a shit OL (25th) and a defense that could stop no one (30th), the record was much worse. Funny how that works.

Rivers himself had a 2 year run where he was 9-23 as a starter, does that mean that he's not a great QB either? :thinking:

Oh, and you're also wrong about his QBR, that shit year in '17 he had a 120 QBR against the Browns and a 122 QBR against the Texans. Facts and shit...:hello:

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Ok so everyone has different opinions on how our defense sucked and they are all valid opinions however mine is the only one that counts. JK, seriously though ask yourself this question how many big plays did the chargers give up in that Colts game? Ok as I have already said if you eliminate the big plays our rush defense doesn't look so bad in fact I would say everyone in here would be saying how great our rush defense looks.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
          Ok so everyone has different opinions on how our defense sucked and they are all valid opinions however mine is the only one that counts. JK, seriously though ask yourself this question how many big plays did the chargers give up in that Colts game? Ok as I have already said if you eliminate the big plays our rush defense doesn't look so bad in fact I would say everyone in here would be saying how great our rush defense looks.
          Solid points.

Here is a breakdown of Marlon Mack game vs us....

Big thing that stands out to me is the rushing yards we allowed when ahead by 9 points or more. 5 attempts for 106 yards...nasty.
          Other than this a decently solid game uno.

Attempts Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          Attempts 1-Through-10 10 51 5.1 25 0 3
          Attempts 11-Through-20 10 114 11.4 63 1 6
          Attempts 21-Through-30 5 9 1.8 4 0 2
          Field Position Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 4 16 4.0 7 0 2
          Opp 49-20 - by Yard Line 9 43 4.8 10 0 4
          Own 1-20 - by Yard Line 2 12 6.0 7 0 1
          Own 21-50 - by Yard Line 10 103 10.3 63 1 4
          Half Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          1st Half 8 21 2.6 7 0 2
          2nd Half 17 153 9.0 63 1 9
          Last Two Minutes of Half 3 10 3.3 4 0 1
          Home/Away Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          Road Games 25 174 7.0 63 1 11
          Margin Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          Margin 0-7 25 174 7.0 63 1 11
          Point Situation Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          Behind 23 173 7.5 63 1 11
          Behind by 1-8 Points 18 67 3.7 9 0 8
          Behind by 9-16 Points 5 106 21.2 63 1 3
          Tied 2 1 0.5 4 0 0
          Quarters Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          1st Quarter 4 3 0.8 4 0 0
          2nd Quarter 4 18 4.5 7 0 2
          3rd Quarter 8 124 15.5 63 1 5
          4th Quarter 9 29 3.2 7 0 4
          Field Type Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
          Grass 25 174 7.0 63 1 11
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Solid points.

Here is a breakdown of Marlon Mack game vs us....

Big thing that stands out to me is the rushing yards we allowed when ahead by 9 points or more. 5 attempts for 106 yards...nasty.
            Other than this a decently solid game uno.
            Dude now that is some serious stat breakdown of the Colts running game against us. Here's another thing to consider the colts offensive line is really good and let's face it teams that have really good offensive lines our rush defense probably won't look to good my concern right now is once they get past our Dline and De's is our linebackers and safeties stopping them for huge gains. One thing I think everyone can agree on is our tackling that game was atrocious.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Dude now that is some serious stat breakdown of the Colts running game against us. Here's another thing to consider the colts offensive line is really good and let's face it teams that have really good offensive lines our rush defense probably won't look to good my concern right now is once they get past our Dline and De's is our linebackers and safeties stopping them for huge gains. One thing I think everyone can agree on is our tackling that game was atrocious.
              Marlon had 88 yards on 2 of his rushing attempts.
              23 rushing attempts for 86 yards (3.7ypc) is not too shabby against Indy's very good Oline.
              Clean up that tackling, run fill lanes, and assignments and we are good.

CB, I'm corncered with the health/depth.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

23 rushing attempts for 86 yards (3.7ypc) is not too shabby against Indy's very good Oline.

This. We sure missed Derwin in that game.

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

We're saying pretty much the same thing but I do like your stat breakdown. Guys let that sink in 2 of his carries were for 88 yards. I agree on the cb health/depth which is why we can't be giving up the big plays. I do want to see or Dline get some pressure up the middle especially on passing downs. That is probably the one thing that I have complained about the last last few years is our Dline not getting any pressure on the QB. I'm not not talking about Bosa or Ingram I'm talking about our Interior Dline. I gaurentee you if we start getting pressure up the middle then as the thread title says our defense will carry us.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

We're saying pretty much the same thing but I do like your stat breakdown. Guys let that sink in 2 of his carries were for 88 yards. I agree on the cb health/depth which is why we can't be giving up the big plays. I do want to see or Dline get some pressure up the middle especially on passing downs. That is probably the one thing that I have complained about the last last few years is our Dline not getting any pressure on the QB. I'm not not talking about Bosa or Ingram I'm talking about our Interior Dline. I gaurentee you if we start getting pressure up the middle then as the thread title says our defense will carry us.
                    I do have been on the DT wagon for a few years. I was not high on Tillery so I hope I'm very wrong about him. I like Cortez Broughton and his skillset but we played him at NT most PS and that is not a good fit with player/position. QB pressure, penetration for negative plays, finishing opportunities, and ability to hold LOS position pdepth and move laterally to close down running lanes are what I'm looking for.

Ratturds drafted 2 DTs last year that I had highly rated which was sickening.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I do have been on the DT wagon for a few years. I was not high on Tillery so I hope I'm very wrong about him. I like Cortez Broughton and his skillset but we played him at NT most PS and that is not a good fit with player/position. QB pressure, penetration for negative plays, finishing opportunities, and ability to hold LOS position pdepth and move laterally to close down running lanes are what I'm looking for.

Ratturds drafted 2 DTs last year that I had highly rated which was sickening.
                      Tillery was definitely a pick of need and not best player available but imo there was no way we could bypass not picking a DT with our first pick. Hopefully sooner rather then later Tillery and Jones can become a 1-2 punch on the defensive line. Let me ask you a question how do you feel Mebane is doing for us? Is it time to release him or is he our best Dline player right now?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Tillery was definitely a pick of need and not best player available but imo there was no way we could bypass not picking a DT with our first pick. Hopefully sooner rather then later Tillery and Jones can become a 1-2 punch on the defensive line. Let me ask you a question how do you feel Mebane is doing for us? Is it time to release him or is he our best Dline player right now?
                        Brandon is a solid vet rotational NT at this point. He is limited athletically but is savvy and plays tough. I don't think he should get more than 20-30 snaps a game. His leadership skills are invaluable. We need Tillery, JJones, and Cortez to develop quickly.

Bosa, SupaMel, Ike are out 3 best Dlinemen, Square is a waste o& a roster spot on this team.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Brandon is a solid vet rotational NT at this point. He is limited athletically but is savvy and plays tough. I don't think he should get more than 20-30 snaps a game. His leadership skills are invaluable. We need Tillery, JJones, and Cortez to develop quickly.

Bosa, SupaMel, Ike are out 3 best Dlinemen, Square is a waste o& a roster spot on this team.
                          Agree whole heartedly about Square. When square went down (came back in later) last week in the game, my gut reaction was "oh thank goodness it's not someone else". Have never been a fan of his.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍