• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by moneyisevil View Post

I actually taped it so I did end up watching it and looked at game tape, so first of all I will apologize for calling you names, my bad we seem to see things much differently! I Look at the overall picture not just the stats, there was a reason the majority of pro's and bets were placed on our Bolts, they saw our team as being much better in all aspects except at the line of scrimmage ! The point spread didn't even move with our injuries, that's telling me we should have still dominated the game but we didn't, our D is lack luster at best or Bradley is not a very good D coordinator for the players we have. Our entire D looked pathetic in the second half, we can't cover anyone and can't seem to tackle or be in the position to tackle. We can just agree to disagree, thats what I see as far as the game, everyone was saying Brissett sucks on this board, then after the game they change to this guy is brilliant, he's not that good, our D played just that bad like they do against players they should dominate all the time ! Peace !
    I agree we didnt dominate, if that is the measure then they were short. No worries on the chatter, its just a forum - i'm Cool. 2nd half D was not good, agree there as well. I'm having Gus fears myself. I think you're wrong on Brissett - his field command and pass accuracy were very good on Sunday. Maybe its a one off, maybe its real. But you cant watch the game and not say he played well.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• moneyisevil
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree we didnt dominate, if that is the measure then they were short. No worries on the chatter, its just a forum - i'm Cool. 2nd half D was not good, agree there as well. I'm having Gus fears myself. I think you're wrong on Brissett - his field command and pass accuracy were very good on Sunday. Maybe its a one off, maybe its real. But you cant watch the game and not say he played well.
      He played extremely well because of our D and the best Oline in the NFL ! JMO

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Tillery was definitely a pick of need and not best player available but imo there was no way we could bypass not picking a DT with our first pick. Hopefully sooner rather then later Tillery and Jones can become a 1-2 punch on the defensive line. Let me ask you a question how do you feel Mebane is doing for us? Is it time to release him or is he our best Dline player right now?
        Danny Shelton woulda precluded the need to reach for a player that many had slotted mid second round, and.... recall a comment last year that said the stats showed our D was better w/Brandon on the bench ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

People like to do this every year.

They grossly generalize the 1st game of the season, deciding that it tells you everything that you need to know. THat somehow, with the roster being final, that;'s it.

Except it isn't. There may be a couple of seasons where it has been true, but mostly the 1st week is almost always kinda crazy and is a very poor representation of what a team will be like the whole season. Every team will be trying to finalize the roster, on top of dealing with early-season injuries. Rookies are often deliberately left out of extensive parts of the week1 game plan, because they have never seen a week of game prep, or know the practice routine. And they will start to grow and develop as the season goes on.

The one thing we can almost be certain of is the teams that look dominant in week 1 will have a tough time sustaining it.

Some of the worst teams will make the most progress during the season.

No team is what it will be by the end of the year.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I always learn when reading a Steve post.

How do you see this one going ?

DET feels like they let AZ off the hook.

I see key matchups as being...

Stafford-Kerryon-Hockenson
            vs
            Kyzir-TDavis-APhillips

&

Feeney-Pouncey-Scofield
            vs
            Snacks-A'Shawn-Jahlani.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

He played extremely well because of our D and the best Oline in the NFL ! JMO
              The OL wasnt putting laser darts on the exact correct shoulder and hitting in perfect stride a receiver running at 8-10(+) MPH. You can keep discounting his individual play as you desire, the fact is the fact. He played well. My question / hope was he would make a few big "rookie" mistakes, but he made none.

Maybe it was his great pregame meal. Maybe mom gave him new magic socks. Who knows. I dont, you don't. Lets see him play a few before we all decide he sucks but was very lucky and played a really bad team? Chargers were 12-4 last year and are 1-0 this year, i'm withholding judgment that they suck until I see more.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• moneyisevil
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The OL wasnt putting laser darts on the exact correct shoulder and hitting in perfect stride a receiver running at 8-10(+) MPH. You can keep discounting his individual play as you desire, the fact is the fact. He played well. My question / hope was he would make a few big "rookie" mistakes, but he made none.

Maybe it was his great pregame meal. Maybe mom gave him new magic socks. Who knows. I dont, you don't. Lets see him play a few before we all decide he sucks but was very lucky and played a really bad team? Chargers were 12-4 last year and are 1-0 this year, i'm withholding judgment that they suck until I see more.
                He's not a rookie he's played in 3 seasons and his pass completion percentage is 55%, against us is almost 78%, they scored the 2nd highest points in a game with him at QB, his highest against the lowly browns in 2016, thats telling me something with this D ! Overall it was his 2nd best game QBR wise of his short career and he's played some awful teams !

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Our defense is not going to be good this season. We have too many players starting who are not good.

Facyson, Mebane, Jenkins, Davis and basically the entire DL. Even Phillips isn't a very good safety, he's better off in sub packages and only on STs.

i think the Chargers will go on to have a bottom 10 defense this season. But I do believe we can still make playoffs even with that.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                    Ok so everyone has different opinions on how our defense sucked and they are all valid opinions however mine is the only one that counts. JK, seriously though ask yourself this question how many big plays did the chargers give up in that Colts game? Ok as I have already said if you eliminate the big plays our rush defense doesn't look so bad in fact I would say everyone in here would be saying how great our rush defense looks.
                    everyone looks great if you eliminate big plays.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Justin Jones has been disappointing so far. I hope the weight loss doesn't make him easy to push around this year.

Tillery & Broughton are rookies: they'll struggle at times all year.

Some of us had concerns about this group before the season.
                      Last edited by powderblueboy; 09-14-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

He's not a rookie he's played in 3 seasons and his pass completion percentage is 55%, against us is almost 78%, they scored the 2nd highest points in a game with him at QB, his highest against the lowly browns in 2016, thats telling me something with this D ! Overall it was his 2nd best game QBR wise of his short career and he's played some awful teams !
                        You look to long and hard at what took place two years ago. The important thing is how he played last Sunday. That's true for anyone. How did he look? I'm hearing that he played well. We'll know better this Sunday with a 2nd game. If he stinks, please notify us!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

When QB's are young it often takes them a season or two to grasp things. When you are not a starter maybe a season or two more. It seems that this year would be the year he felt a lot more comfortable along with having a very good team around him. Young QB's usually are not static in their skill level for very often, they get better or fall apart.

Comment

Working...
                          X