• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Our gifts were every bit as generous. If not, more so.
    But the stats, bro... THE STATS!!! :rofl:

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

CMB, just like just about every other "doom and gloomer" who've recently joined.

On a related note, is there an ignore function on this board? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The run D sucked, but note two things Perryman is a good run stuffer didn't play, and even though he is a cornerback Micheal Davis is a good tackler went out with hammy injury, but the fact that the Colts O-line was beating up our D-line which is intact. Colts do have a good O-line, but our run D has to step up.

Comment

• pacstud
          Black Belt Poster
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

But the stats, bro... THE STATS!!! :rofl:
          A few years ago we won a pretty big quarterfinal against a damn good team. Had four 4th and short stops, 2 of those on the goalline. Beat them 20-6 to go to the semis.

After the game, the statistician came into the coach's office to tell us the opponent's star RB had rushed for over 200 yards!

I lost my shit. "YARDS? FUCKING YARDS? I don't give a SHIT about yards. Here's a stat: SIX FUCKING POINTS!" Anyway, I apologized the next day, totally out of line, he was just doing his job.

But my point stands.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

A few years ago we won a pretty big quarterfinal against a damn good team. Had four 4th and short stops, 2 of those on the goalline. Beat them 20-6 to go to the semis.

After the game, the statistician came into the coach's office to tell us the opponent's star RB had rushed for over 200 yards!

I lost my shit. "YARDS? FUCKING YARDS? I don't give a SHIT about yards. Here's a stat: SIX FUCKING POINTS!" Anyway, I apologized the next day, totally out of line, he was just doing his job.

But my point stands.
            :toyou:

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

CMB, just like just about every other "doom and gloomer" who've recently joined.

On a related note, is there an ignore function on this board? Asking for a friend.
              I guess in a way they are needed. I can only assume they are actual fans of the team. My concern was something more nefarious going on. Trolling. Former fans pretending. Other forum members simply trying to bring us down. I dont know. Its never as easy as just bad football takes.

But maybe it is. lol

I think most actually support the team. Just have spent so long developing the negatives that they show in posting style. I agree with Pacstud that both sides of it are good for a forum.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I guess in a way they are needed. I can only assume they are actual fans of the team. My concern was something more nefarious going on. Trolling. Former fans pretending. Other forum members simply trying to bring us down. I dont know. Its never as easy as just bad football takes.

But maybe it is. lol

I think most actually support the team. Just have spent so long developing the negatives that they show in posting style. I agree with Pacstud that both sides of it are good for a forum.
                Nah, nothing like that, just ridiculously bad football takes gleaned from press clippings, hack "journalists" and stat sheets, is all.

And the guy I called out, isn't alone either. There's another recent addition that's going off in this thread, that also loves to give takes without actually watching the game. Or at least that used to be the case.

Comment

• pacstud
                  Black Belt Poster
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Nah, nothing like that, just ridiculously bad football takes gleaned from press clippings, hack "journalists" and stat sheets, is all.

And the guy I called out, isn't alone either. There's another recent addition that's going off in this thread, that also loves to give takes without actually watching the game. Or at least that used to be the case.
                  SYB is the Woodward and Bernstein of the Charger fan base. He'll call out anyone, anytime, anyplace. Don't hit post if you don't back your own shit up...

Love it!

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I actually watched the game and thought it was quite entertaining.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I was totally dissapointed in our defense. Everyone is talking about the poor run defense but the pass defense wasn't much better. The Colts had receivers running freely through out backfield all game long. Where are those supposed great DB's? Mr. Bradley has a ton of things to correct. The offense looked pretty good but the defense is a problem.
                      I am hopeful that the defense was just gassed. I heard it was really hot out there. It seemed in the 4th quarter they were exhausted.

But no question they stunk it up. I had the defense on my fantasy team and only scored two points. Compare that to the Jets defense that scored 15 points.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

SYB is the Woodward and Bernstein of the Charger fan base. He'll call out anyone, anytime, anyplace. Don't hit post if you don't back your own shit up...

Love it!
                        :disco:

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

But maybe it is. lol

Also is there a way to "DISLIKE" a post ? Not that I would ever do that.

Comment

Working...
                          X