• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moneyisevil
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

lol. the "stats" say that the Chargers had more total yards, more first downs, more yards per play, more time of possession, and more points. you didn't read the stats, did you? you read the newspaper headline and started posting?

:rofl:
    Are u as dumb as your posts ? They got 2 turnovers, 200 yds rushing they actually had more top, more total yards and over twice as many rushing yds and more first downs in reg. than we did, plus they missed an PAT and 2 FG'S go back to school. Your'e looking at the total stats for the whole game which included OT they didn't have the ball in OT !
    Last edited by moneyisevil; 09-12-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by moneyisevil View Post

Are u as dumb as your posts ? They got 2 turnovers, 200 yds rushing they actually had more top, more total yards and over twice as many rushing yds and more first downs in reg. than we did, plus they missed an PAT and 2 FG'S go back to school. Your'e looking at the total stats for the whole game which included OT they didn't have the ball in OT !
      Wow ! Those are some really informed stats your reading ! :shock:

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Gees, lot's of angry posts and we won! I'm staying away from here after a loss. :dunno:
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Just out of curiosity, did you actually see either of these TO's?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            Gees, lot's of angry posts and we won! I'm staying away from here after a loss. :dunno:
            It's just a couple of guys...for the most part, this forum is more laid back than some we have been a part of in years past. As always, you just gotta learn to ignore a few crazies...
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              :chuckle:. No kidding. This place will implode after a loss. We looked bad winning bit it's better than looking bad losing....like the loses to KC the last 2 or 3 years to start the season.
              ​​​​​​ill take this.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Of course I'm looking at total stats - we are talking about game stats so game stats apply. Take out the OT winning drive (which i wouldn't recommend) and the stats are basically even. Total yards is about 10 yards difference before OT. first downs also basically even. They had more rush yards and slightly more TOP because we had more pass yards, which tends to take a bit less time. so what. You count taking 7 minutes to score for more points than taking 5 minutes? I'm gonna give you a clue - there are no points for TOP - there are only points for points scored.

You didn't even watch the game. Kinda ironic you're yelling at me to go to school when you didn't even go to class.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• moneyisevil
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Just out of curiosity, did you actually see either of these TO's?
                  Yes, not live but I recorded the game what does seeing them have anything to do with them being part of the game, curious ?

Comment

• moneyisevil
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Of course I'm looking at total stats - we are talking about game stats so game stats apply. Take out the OT winning drive (which i wouldn't recommend) and the stats are basically even. Total yards is about 10 yards difference before OT. first downs also basically even. They had more rush yards and slightly more TOP because we had more pass yards, which tends to take a bit less time. so what. You count taking 7 minutes to score for more points than taking 5 minutes? I'm gonna give you a clue - there are no points for TOP - there are only points for points scored.

You didn't even watch the game. Kinda ironic you're yelling at me to go to school when you didn't even go to class.
                    I actually taped it so I did end up watching it and looked at game tape, so first of all I will apologize for calling you names, my bad we seem to see things much differently! I Look at the overall picture not just the stats, there was a reason the majority of pro's and bets were placed on our Bolts, they saw our team as being much better in all aspects except at the line of scrimmage ! The point spread didn't even move with our injuries, that's telling me we should have still dominated the game but we didn't, our D is lack luster at best or Bradley is not a very good D coordinator for the players we have. Our entire D looked pathetic in the second half, we can't cover anyone and can't seem to tackle or be in the position to tackle. We can just agree to disagree, thats what I see as far as the game, everyone was saying Brissett sucks on this board, then after the game they change to this guy is brilliant, he's not that good, our D played just that bad like they do against players they should dominate all the time ! Peace !

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Unless Dline play improves significantly and the team learns how to tackle, I'm afraid this defense cannot carry us

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Yes, not live but I recorded the game what does seeing them have anything to do with them being part of the game, curious ?
                        Context. By simply seeing 2 TO's on the stat sheet it doesn't tell how they happened. Like how flukey Hooper making a one handed stab INT in the end zone is or King losing a punt in the sun and muffing it. The pick took points off the board for us and the muff put them in scoring position, although luckily Vinatieri choked that chance. Stat sheets don't offer a glimpse at the subtle nuances of the game.

I mean if stats are all that, how in the hell did we have a #1 D, that couldn't actually stop anyone from moving the ball in 2010? Context matters...

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

There is no reason for anyone to yell or be upset.....

The problem is way too many people just use overall stats to judge the quality of teams or QB's...... total yardage stats mean virtually nothing..... yardage for QB's has a lot to do with the HC's....... most teams when they get a lead switch to a Run, run, run, game to run out the clock, but coaches like Peyton in NO keeps passing the ball even with huge leads, just to inflate QB stats...... vs QB's like Rivers have always been coached by run oriented coaches who once they have a lead run the ball more to run out clock..... so guys like Rivers and others never run up crazy stats....... teams with bad defenses tend to also run up more passing stats cause they are behind and are forced to......

It does not matter how many total rushing yards we gave up..... the important issue was EVERY single time there was a short yardage situation, the Colts got it running straight through our defense..... sometimes getting hit in backfield and still driving forward for a first down gain or a score.....

We all know its hard to tell certain things because its only been one week, but inability to tackle is not something that suddenly changes.......

Yes, its great that we won a game that we should have lost..... it would feel much better if it were against the chiefs or pats.....or colts with Luck...... but the colts are not going to win many games this year without luck..... Luck made that team a playoff contending team just like zRivers makes the Chargers a playoff contending team.....

Brissett is 5-14 as an NFL starter for a reason.......which indicates he is NOT a great QB....not even average.....BUT chargers made him look like a future HOfer..... with a 120 QBR!.....best game by far in his career........

if we play the same way against DET we or anyone else, we will not win......

The good news is we finally have a great kicking situation...... punting and essentially two great place kickers.....

Good news is our OL is finally starting to look like they can run block.... and pass blocking was better than expected.....

May be Chargers should trade for that Miami DB so we can have a 2nd starting quality CB..... (since King is the NB)

We cannot afford any more injuries....

if we can protect Rivers and pressure stafford, we should win easily, but we haven't seen and easy chargers win in a long long time.....

Comment

Working...
                          X