• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Defense Will Carry Us

With all the issues on the O-line, I think the offense will struggle to be consistent game to game, but if we stay healthy no more injuries and yes Derwin James is an impact player we will miss, but our D-line has depth and quality depth, and our LB have quality depth hopefully Nwosu injury isn't to serious. Our safeties take a big hit with James injury, our CBs should be solid Hayward, King, Davis and hopefully Trevor Williams comes back to his 2017 season form. With the front 7 we should be strong, and the front 4 should be able to pressure the QB consistently (Bosa, Ingram, Tillery, Laneir) and there is depth that could possibly get cut Peace or Broughton. The LB's have speed and range in White, Brown, Nsowu, Tranquill and only Nsowu is projected to start with Davis, and Perryman. The D is probably going to make game difference plays, drive ending plays to get us to victory and when Derwin comes back we will be that much better.

Our concern is o-line are glaring even though we have playmakers that can make plays. This o-line do you trust them in situations where we have to come back? I don't, but I think the D is capable of getting us the ball back and giving our offense a short field to play on which will help. Do you trust this o-line to grind it out when we are ahead with good run blocking? Maybe they are better at run blocking than pass protecting.

Rivers can compensate for bad o-line play by his quick reads, but if he is getting hit too much here comes the bad reads, and the INT's.

This D man, please no more injuries and we will be okay, but sometime through this season we are going to need a quality OT, hopefully Okung is coming back and will not miss too many games other wise, we will need to pull the trigger and trade Melvin Gordon in some type of package that brings us an OT
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Defense wins championships!

Comment

• Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Even with James going down I think this D is stacked. If they can stay relatively healthy before James gets back they should be a top 10 D in the league.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Reminds me of Steve Foley (before he got shot), Jamal Williams (before Denver cut block him) and Merriman (on the juice) and many other great players we've had on defense over the years.

Gonna miss Derwin he's a savage and is a great open field tackler against big backs and TEs dude can do it all. We're gonna need a lot of heat from the pass rush while he's out. His injury pisses me off.

I trust Bradley and am very glad he's on Lynn's staff.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
          Reminds me of Steve Foley (before he got shot), Jamal Williams (before Denver cut block him) and Merriman (on the juice) and many other great players we've had on defense over the years.

Gonna miss Derwin he's a savage and is a great open field tackler against big backs and TEs dude can do it all. We're gonna need a lot of heat from the pass rush while he's out. His injury pisses me off.

I trust Bradley and am very glad he's on Lynn's staff.
          Merriman before TENN took out his knees....
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Bosa will get a splinter in his finger and miss 8 games ,,, or until mommy says its ok 2 play again

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

I think, I hope, Ihop that Kyzir White will break out this year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                I think, I hope, Ihop that Kyzir White will break out this year.
                He will. It's guaranteed and foretold.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Defense can definitely help. Limit opponent scoring, give the LAC O favorable field position, more opportunities and score points on D.
                  We have a very good D.
                  We also have a very good offense, hand wringing and wailing about the Pats game, 2019 preseason work aside. You may, or may not have noticed that out D was shredded by Bal at LAC, Pats last year and beaten by Cards, NO in PS 1 & 2.
                  I like our STs also.
                  Go Bolts!

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Chargers Offense were ranked #1 in 4th down conversions. Aggressive on 2-point attempts as well (@KC). Give that offense the ball defense!!!

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Having a healthy Bosa all year long with Melvin Ingram on the other side will help the secondary. Now with Tillery and Jones along with Mebane manning the interior they should get pressure up the middle where they have sucked at for quite a while now.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hopefully Adderly 100% healthy now and is a quick study and can pick up the system fast and contribute early

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍