• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Disagree about Herbert. Think Joe is the better QB. I've yet to see Herbert play big in a big game. Doing good against the Pac 12 isn't that impressive to me.

Hec Hundley did that and I didn't care for him and he isn't close to a NFL starter.
    I'd still have Herbert on the list but he someone I wouldn't trade up for. Burrow imo is the cream of the crop so far.
    Both having good seasons.
    Just seen Herbert have some bad games. Even when his ststs weren't bad, he wasn't as good as they showed.
    Burrow's feet always seem a bit too set in the pocket & i don't like his release time. I've never seen an LSU game with him & all i have to go by are highlights. He always has huge pockets to step into and very little pressure. There was tape from 2018 against Miami & Miami's speed and pressure did expose those tendencies of his i didn't like. But LSU scored 27 points in that game.. I haven't closed the door on him, but i would be happy if someone in front of the Chargers selects him. Still need more tape.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Chase Young is a monster. He may be the top pick when he comes out.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Chase Young is a monster. He may be the top pick when he comes out.
        Ohio state defensive ends in bolts??
        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Burrow's feet always seem a bit too set in the pocket & i don't like his release time. I've never seen an LSU game with him & all i have to go by are highlights. He always has huge pockets to step into and very little pressure. There was tape from 2018 against Miami & Miami's speed and pressure did expose those tendencies of his i didn't like. But LSU scored 27 points in that game.. I haven't closed the door on him, but i would be happy if someone in front of the Chargers selects him. Still need more tape.
          He saw plenty of pressure today, and kept his cool. Guy knows how to win...I'd take him. But don't sweat it. He will be long gone by the time we pick. Either we turn this bitch around and are picking late...or we will rally to a mediocre finish, and be picking in the teens.
          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

He saw plenty of pressure today, and kept his cool. Guy knows how to win...I'd take him. But don't sweat it. He will be long gone by the time we pick. Either we turn this bitch around and are picking late...or we will rally to a mediocre finish, and be picking in the teens.
            Ah! the old Norv turner method: season's over with, but rally to ruin draft position.

I guess we disagree about the guy. They have his game posted against Auburn last year, and although LSU won, he didn't look good. I just can't see this guy as a stud in the NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Ah! the old Norv turner method: season's over with, but rally to ruin draft position.

I guess we disagree about the guy. They have his game posted against Auburn last year, and although LSU won, he didn't look good. I just can't see this guy as a stud in the NFL.
              That was last year. I saw Herbert play bad last year and this year .....twice. Havent seen that from Burrow yet this year.

Tua....I like him but not sold at all on him for the NFL. Throws a lot of deep balls but as I've said, his WRs are always wide open and he is getting hurt in college. Running in the NFL, it don't get easier doing that.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ohio state defensive ends in bolts??
                Imagine a Young/Bosa/Nwosu pass rush duo. Playing the Chiefs would be a treat with these guys.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Herbert looks like a system qb
                  not as a knock, but like alex smith with actually physical talent.
                  kid’s ceiling is superhigh with the right OC.
                  id be happy to risk a first for him.

Joe is obviously impressive, so far, I’m on wait and see mode.

im a Tua fan. Intangibles.
                  He can be mechanical at times but Herbert does have far better intangibles than Alex. The better athlete too. Reminds me of a mix of Romo/Ryan.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Watching Joe Burrow yesterday, who looked pretty good...fell in love with Derrick Brown. Monster. Bosa, James, and Brown would be a hell of a core for this defense for many years to come. If we are some how still out of the QB market for a few more seasons...I'd bolster the oline with FA if possible, and trade up to get this guy. He is what our dline is missing...inside anchor on run downs, and inside push on pass downs. Dude is a beast.

Edit: Don't get me wrong...I'm still hopeful the young group of Jones, Tillery, and Broughton can develop into a solid rotation...but add Brown to that? Wow...
                    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

He can be mechanical at times but Herbert does have far better intangibles than Alex. The better athlete too. Reminds me of a mix of Romo/Ryan.
                      I don't see the similarity between Herbert and Alex Smith at all, other than some one trying to say he'll be a high selection bust. Herbert can make any throw and is a lot taller than Smith. Moreover, he's not afraid to chuck it down field. He's an NFL qb - a pocket passer who will stand in the pocket & not look to run at the first sign of pressure.

I'm still undecided about the guy, but i see the potential. How does pressure affect them is the key component, whether its hebert, burrow or tua

Right now, i prefer eason over the others.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That was last year. I saw Herbert play bad last year and this year .....twice. Havent seen that from Burrow yet this year.

Tua....I like him but not sold at all on him for the NFL. Throws a lot of deep balls but as I've said, his WRs are always wide open and he is getting hurt in college. Running in the NFL, it don't get easier doing that.
                        I guess we disagree about the guy. Maybe i watch him this year and change my mind. I see a few mechanical problems with the guy from last year that needs to be fixed - maybe that has happened.

I wonder if the scout from the midwest who keeps on advising Golden Domer selections is still influential with Telesco?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I guess we disagree about the guy. Maybe i watch him this year and change my mind. I see a few mechanical problems with the guy from last year that needs to be fixed - maybe that has happened.

I wonder if the scout from the midwest who keeps on advising Golden Domer selections is still influential with Telesco?
                          Watching Herbert last night, be holds the ball too long a d doesn't have a quick release.
                          Im not saying Burrow don't need some coaching up,. ..they all do but I like what I've seen from him.betger than what I've seen from Herbert.
                          However, both are on the list and both will sit while Rivers is still around and that's a good thing for development.
                          I put both of them over Tua.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡