• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

They have an outstanding, unique site.

There are several contributors to TDN with passion, fantastic detail and excellent scout's eyes.

I crank out about 5 mocks per day and have found that the "Player's Rankings" mode smells better than "Predictive Boards."

Generally, in their world, other sites are so deficient in their knowledge of player and positional rankings.

Most Big Boards are laughable, and it destroys what could be great resources.
    Wood, Pac alerted us in another thread to Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest. After watching some film, I'm kind of intrigued by this guy...flying under the radar, but his stock appears to be on the rise. Look:

Why the 2020 NFL Draft's best-kept quarterback secret has first-round potential

He's a 6-foot-4, 230-pound, draft-eligible quarterback of a 7-1 team in a Power 5 conference, and for some reason, is garnering essentially no draft buzz. Until now.

Wake Forest's Jamie Newman has plus athleticism, a decently strong arm, and has made an assortment some of the most high-level plays from inside the pocket of any quarterback in college football this season. Actually, probably only Joe Burrow from LSU and maybe Oregon's Justin Herbert have made more retweet-worthy, highlight-reel throws from between the tackles this year.

As a redshirt junior, Newman does have another year of eligibility, but what he's done as a passer -- and runner -- this season has put him inside my top 50 right now. I'll show you why I have such a big grade him at the moment.

Below are the five categories on which I grade quarterbacks. They are listed in order of importance, with the most important category at the top.

Accuracy
    Newman is completing 67.2% of his passes, at a more than respectable 8.3 yards-per-attempt average with 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. So, the classic statistics check out. In late October, Pro Football Focus noted Newman's adjusted accuracy percentage was 77.3% -- discounting drops, throwaways and times he was hit as he threw. That figure indicates he's consistently putting the ball where his receivers can reel it in.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...und-potential/

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
      glutton for punishment
      • Jan 2019
      • Lake Arrowhead, CA
      • Send PM

Nice call TopCat. We need a QB of the future badly... if we can hit on one early then the cap-space saved in year two w/o PR would allow us to fill a lot of holes. Personally, I am hoping the Bolts lose out so that we have a better draft slot.... but I could easily see this team win 3 or 4 in a row just to put us in a poorer position to get said QB. I will certainly keep an eye on this fellow.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
        Nice call TopCat. We need a QB of the future badly... if we can hit on one early then the cap-space saved in year two w/o PR would allow us to fill a lot of holes. Personally, I am hoping the Bolts lose out so that we have a better draft slot.... but I could easily see this team win 3 or 4 in a row just to put us in a poorer position to get said QB. I will certainly keep an eye on this fellow.
        Besides Newman, I wouldn't mind Jalen Hurts in round 1 at all...no need to sell the farm to move up for Burrows...watch these highlights of Hurts:

Please leave feedback or suggestions for future videos in the comments! (All rights go to ESPN, Fox, CBS, Universal Music Group, the NFL, NBA, NCAA & it's br...

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Agree on Hurts, solid starter for whatever team grabs him.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Agree on Hurts, solid starter for whatever team grabs him.
            There are a lot of people thinking Hurts should be a 4th round pick because he just isn’t a good passer and a few projecting him as a 1st round pick. Big boom or bust potential.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There are a lot of people thinking Hurts should be a 4th round pick because he just isn’t a good passer and a few projecting him as a 1st round pick. Big boom or bust potential.
              Hurts can gun it if he has to, but he throws a very catchable ball with nice touch on it. Throws well on the run. Scrambles out of trouble. Plays for a top-10 big time program. Still a bit early, but a lot to like with Hurts...

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Not a good passer?? WTF?!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Burrow makes all the throws. Also has the cleanest pocket I’ve ever seen and some amazing WRs he’s throwing to. Is it okay I’m not gaga over him?

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Burrow makes all the throws. Also has the cleanest pocket I’ve ever seen and some amazing WRs he’s throwing to. Is it okay I’m not gaga over him?
                    No it isn't. He seems to have reached his ceiling or nearing it as prospect who is fifth year senior. You have to wonder how well he'd outside of QB guru Joe Brady who helped him a ton this season.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Where is it located at? The drop down menu that says draft goes to the CBS website
                      Still haven't figured this one out. Is not on the mobile template

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Still haven't figured this one out. Is not on the mobile template
                        The Draft Network.
                        Then scroll away.
                        Go to the site itself Sir.
                        It's fun to play with.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                          glutton for punishment
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Besides Newman, I wouldn't mind Jalen Hurts in round 1 at all...no need to sell the farm to move up for Burrows...watch these highlights of Hurts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6596w9XHFc
                          I like the idea of Hurts as well. Plays w/ a chip on his shoulder after getting ousted in Alabama despite leading them in Championship Games. He also doesn't throw a ton of picks and looks big enough to take an NFL pounding when running with the rock. Another good call.... although I expect him to rise on draft boards... he is having a fantastic season at OU... although it sure helps having those WRs... can anyone cover Lamb?

Comment

Working...
                          X