• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    that is his problem..... cannot make any plays when under any kind of pressure, which means in NFL he will suck big time......

you really think that's his fate.... that he can't make hay in the NFL ?? (he has been compared to Hackenberg btw.... someone who I personally compared to Namath

Love is exactly the kind of loser with big skills that stupid chargers management would draft..... maybe even at number 6..... some draft boards have chargers reaching for love at #6.... and others with our 2nd round pick....... Love was not consistent in college .....no QB ever becomes more accurate in pros..... they become even worse cause the competition is better...... if you are not the best or 2nd best in college you really suck........sometimes the best and 2nd best QB's also suck like Mariotta and the TB QB ......

sometimes there are no great QB's in the draft.... this year there are 2..... no more.......
    am somewhat flabbergasted by the vernacular of choice by yourself and a coupla few other posters here, who obviously know their football some, and yet still tend to make blanket statements of the such.... "they suck." (what is that ?)

personally will not be surprised if the both of Love and Eason both eventually find their way in the NFL and become decent starters, if not with their moments, and....

agree that there might be two solid QBs in this draft, albeit don't think Tua is gonna find himself on the field enough to qualify as "great," and that the two QBs who get it done in the NFL will be Burrow and Fromm (someone that you also said would suck if I recall correctly, and.... pls give us all an allowance given that you haven't always been on point, i.e. Solomon Thomas, and.... ?)
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        DJ Mock Follow Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter @MoveTheSticks.
        04) NY * know they have a dire need @LT, albeit Becton would be as ballsy if not more so than drafting Daniel Jones last year
        06) LAC * Jedrick is a (very) scary pick in my book
        07) Carolina * just like Star just after DJ, Brown goes the pick after us.... do we really repeat the same mistake twice ?? !!
        08) Az/Jax * like Wirfs and Simmons here, and pls let someone else take Wills.... if not Brown, AT is the one (for us)
        12) Vegas * CeeDee to Vegas.... problem child in the making/waiting ??
        13) Indy * unlucky in Love ??
        14) Bucs * does Arians prefer Herbert over Eason ??
        18) Miami * Swift to create "excitement" in Miami, or.... LA ??
        20) Jax * personally, would be taking Diggs (well) before Henderson here
        23) NE * Ruiz before/over Biadasz ??
        24) Saints * think Justin Jefferson is a legit up and comer, and like his odds here
        25) Minny * Kinlaw is good
        26) Austin Jackson, Ross Blacklok, Marlon Davidson.... like how DJ is putting his okule on the line
        31) Zack Baun, AJ Terrell.... again, only time will tell ??

37) WR Jalen Reagor, RB JK Dobbins, OG Tyler Biadasz, QB Jacob Eason, DT Neville Gallimore, QB Jalen Hurts, QB Jake Fromm, DE YGM, RB Jonathan Taylor, LB Dylan Moses, CB Kristian Fulton, DT Raekwon Davis (if you're strictly drafting for need you can add OTs Isaiah Wilson, Josh Jones, Prince Tega Wanagho, or ?)
        Last edited by beachcomber; 01-21-2020, 10:15 PM.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

will also add that if in fact we are going QB, would much prefer our options/odds @37 rather than post Burrow @6.... if I'm John Spanos, Jake Fromm is my guy as he is the safest/bestest option @QB, far as eye can tell.... if I'm Telesco perhaps my sentimental pick would be Eason which could well work out ?? and if I'm the HC, I'm all in on Hurts.... lots of intrigue there ??

personally am all about resigning Rivers and waiting a year before what seems as an imminent overhaul....

and given that supposedly/apparently TT has sounded his annual draft precursor/preamble, and that we are looking OT/CB in the draft, will hope and pray for Andrew Thomas as think he is the most solid guy and your no doubt LT as opposed to a guy eye also like some, Wirfs, who most pencil in @RT if not OG, albeit someone eye would def not take over the likes of Lamb, Swift nor Brown, and.... will of course stay a good country mile away from Jedrick.

@CB not sure what it is, but am wary of Okudah's intangibles, and (much) prefer Kristian Fulton, 'specially if we traded down some, and.... that said, have zero interest in a CB early, including Dantzler on day two, as hoping Swift drops to 37 after we've secured a tackle @6.... the either of Brown or Thomas.

and am not comfortable with any of the OTs at the moment, and think the better value/get is @the OC.... do like Netane Muti, but he's pretty much only an UDFA consideration, albeit plenty of mocks have him coming off the board (early on) day two.

@CB the other guy I like early, besides Fulton, is Jaylon Johnson, so if either of 'em are there @37, would consider that (very) good value, albeit again.... would not take any CB ahead of Swift.

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            will also add that if in fact we are going QB, would much prefer our options/odds @37 rather than post Burrow @6.... if I'm John Spanos, Jake Fromm is my guy as he is the safest/bestest option @QB, far as eye can tell.... if I'm Telesco perhaps my sentimental pick would be Eason which could well work out ?? and if I'm the HC, I'm all in on Hurts.... lots of intrigue there ??

I'm a huge Fromm fan myself. As a Georgia fan I spent lots of time watching Fromm and Eason and I think both will have very good careers in the NFL.

I think Fromm is the most NFL ready qb of the bunch. He's incredibly smart and typically goes all the way to his 4th read unlike the mobile QBs who make 1 or 2 reads and take off running.

Fromm would be an excellent choice at 37.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I'm a huge Fromm fan myself. As a Georgia fan I spent lots of time watching Fromm and Eason and I think both will have very good careers in the NFL.

I think Fromm is the most NFL ready qb of the bunch. He's incredibly smart and typically goes all the way to his 4th read unlike the mobile QBs who make 1 or 2 reads and take off running.

i'm sold...fromm it is.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

why????...... safest so-so QB's usually make good career backups.......nothing more......

Either Fromm or Eason or Hebert or Love were consistently accurate in college which means being accurate under low pressure and not great coverage.... that is really bad for sending guys to NFL.....

there is a reason that most NFL drafts do not actually have one franchise, future HOF QB........

ONLY 2 drafts had 3 of them, 1983 and 2004.......

very few drafts have had 2....... multiple drafts have had one...

but most drafts have NONE!.... look at all the bad QB decisions CIN and CLEV have made??? guys who had skills but were not consistent........never panned out.....

many on this forum are "projecting" that there will be 4 or 5 or 6 of them?????(which is only way Hebert, Love, Fromm or Eason end up as HOFers....)....... NOT a chance that will happen!!!!

period!!!!

look at history........ ordinary so-so college QB's do not end up as pro HOfers........

Fromm is not great..... his TEAM was great but not Fromm.....Eason only looks good in highlight films that do not show bad plays and do not show how bad competition was......

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

i'm sold...fromm it is.
                  Fromm??????......really??? he was so special in college he won national championships???? he was sop special you think he can lead Chargers past KC to superbowl?????

Fromm is the definition of an ordinary college QB who evenuitally becomes a HS coach..... maybe a college coach.....

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

IMO, Fromm would be a terrible choice at 37. He has about the lowest ceiling of any QB not name Love that has been discussed around here. He would be a decent backup, but I just don't see anything more. Eason would be a decent choice at 37 - but I don't think he will be still be available at 37.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

why????...... safest so-so QB's usually make good career backups.......nothing more......

Either Fromm or Eason or Hebert or Love were consistently accurate in college which means being accurate under low pressure and not great coverage.... that is really bad for sending guys to NFL.....

there is a reason that most NFL drafts do not actually have one franchise, future HOF QB........

ONLY 2 drafts had 3 of them, 1983 and 2004.......

very few drafts have had 2....... multiple drafts have had one...

but most drafts have NONE!.... look at all the bad QB decisions CIN and CLEV have made??? guys who had skills but were not consistent........never panned out.....

many on this forum are "projecting" that there will be 4 or 5 or 6 of them?????(which is only way Hebert, Love, Fromm or Eason end up as HOFers....)....... NOT a chance that will happen!!!!

period!!!!

look at history........ ordinary so-so college QB's do not end up as pro HOfers........

Fromm is not great..... his TEAM was great but not Fromm.....Eason only looks good in highlight films that do not show bad plays and do not show how bad competition was......
                      How many drafts have produced 3 or more HOFers at any single position?

Your reasoning is continually flawed. Stop with the blotted rants and make some intelligent arguments for your takes.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

LOL...boy, if we are waiting for a sure fire hall of famer to pick a QB...we may never pick a QB. Using some of the reasoning being used around here, can't believe anybody picked up Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes....they all had flaws, doubters, made some bad plays in college, had some bad games...should have all been career backups...those are just some guys playing now..

I don't understand what some of these people want or expect....trade 3 or 4 first rounders for Burrow? Wait for next year to get Bryant? Wish in one hand, shit in the other....you know the rest...

Gotta have faith in the team to vet and select a kid with potential, develop that kid and the team around him, and put a winner on the field. If you don't have that faith in the team, why are you a fan?

By the way....I have watched several of Eason's games...not just highlights...this narrative that he sucks under pressure is more pff bullshit...like any QB, pressure sometimes forced an errant throw or read...but I also watched him make some great plays under pressure too...whether it was escaping and making a throw on the run, or getting smoked right after he delivers a strike, even when he knew he was gonna take a hit, he made the throw.

I have watched games and film on prospects, this year and next, and they all (including Bryant) had games where they looked like shit, were inconsistent, or had their stats padded by short passes with playmakers getting YAC....except Burrow. Yea...he was pretty much perfect...but he isn't available, so get over it.

Got a feeling there are gonna be a lot of disappointed folks around here come April...

Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                        23. A. Mitchell WR
                        37. K. Jenkins DT
                        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Got a feeling there are gonna be a lot of disappointed folks around here come April...
                          If we don't draft a QB or resign Rivers (meaning we are going with Taylor at QB), I'll be at the head of the disappointed line!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍