• CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Probably all asking him about this:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...230460444.html

Star TCU football player arrested on felony drug charge in Huntsville

BY DREW DAVISON

MAY 15, 2019 10:26 PM, UPDATED MAY 28, 2019 05:05 PM

TCU running back Sewo Olonilua was arrested on a felony drug charge Tuesday in Huntsville, a Walker County Jail worker confirmed Wednesday night.

TCU acknowledged Olonilua’s arrest, saying in a statement: “We are aware of the matter and we are looking into it.”

Olonilua faces a third-degree felony charge for possession of a controlled substance weighing more than or equal to 1 gram and less than 4 grams. He also faces a charge for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor. He has been released from jail, posting a $4,000 bond.
    Maybe he just needs a change of scenery like LA where there’s not a lot of opportunities to get involved with drugs....
    oh wait.
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery like LA where there’s not a lot of opportunities to get involved with drugs....
      oh wait.
      :lol:

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

TPB Challenge
        lets get through round 3 by 11pm pacific
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

TPB Challenge
          Would be nice

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

TPB Challenge
            Seems impossible

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Former NFL GM says 2 teams have ‘flunked’ Tua Tagovailoa on pre-draft physicals

By Creg Stephenson | cstephenson@al.com

Tua Tagovailoa is widely projected to be a Top 10 pick in the upcoming NFL draft, but one former general manager remains wary of the former Alabama quarterback’s injury history.

On his “GM Shuffle” podcast, former Cleveland Browns GM and longtime NFL analyst Michael Lombardi said sources have told him that two teams — including one drafting in the Top 10 — have “flunked” Tagovailoa on their pre-draft physical. Lombardi said it’s not only Tagovailoa’s hip injury — which ended his 2019 season in mid-November — that has pro teams wary, but also a “multitude of injuries” the former Crimson Tide star suffered during his college career.

“It’s not just his hip,” Lombardi said. “It’s his ankle. It’s his wrist. He broke his wrist the first day of spring ball one year. … He’s brittle. He is brittle. You can’t deny it.”

The broken wrist Lombardi appears to be referring to happened on the first day of spring drills in 2018, when Tagovailoa suffered what was alternately described as a hand and thumb injury (though not a wrist injury). The Alabama quarterback also missed game or practice time with two separate ankle injuries that required surgery and a knee injury during his time in Tuscaloosa.

Lombardi also noted the high “bust” potential” of NFL quarterbacks taken in the first round in the last 15 years, including Mark Sanchez (No. 6 overall, 2009), Josh Freeman (No. 17, 2009), Jamarcus Russell (No. 1, 2007), Brady Quinn (No. 22, 2007), Jason Campbell (No. 25, 2005) and J.P. Losman (No. 22, 2004). Lombardi said he agrees that Tagovailoa could become a star in the NFL, but is dubious of his ability to stay healthy.

“He’s a really good player,” Lombardi said. “... I’m not disputing the evaluation. I’m saying that, if you’re picking a quarterback, it’s really hard to pick a good one. It’s even harder with a guy who can’t stay healthy. That’s my point. Two teams I’ve talked to have flunked him. They flunked him on not just the hip, but on the multitude of injuries. The risk far outweighs the reward.”

Despite Lombardi’s misgivings, most 2020 mock drafts see Tagovailoa going somewhere in the Top 10, the second quarterback off the board behind LSU Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow. The Miami Dolphins (who pick at No. 5) and Los Angeles Chargers (who pick at 6) are the two teams most often linked to Tagovailoa, who passed for 7,442 yards and 87 touchdowns in three seasons at Alabama.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I hope Lombardi’s “source” works for us.
                Tua at 6
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Tua at 6
                  Maybe the Chargers are the source to get people to pass on Tua so he drops to them at 6 and they don’t have to spend the draft picks to trade up and get him.

Liar’s Month.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Maybe the Chargers are the source to get people to pass on Tua so he drops to them at 6 and they don’t have to spend the draft picks to trade up and get him.

Liar’s Month.
                    Maybe but Lamebardo isn't wrong. Tua has been hurt every year in college. He has preseason and more regular season games to get thru in the NFL. He is such a big risk.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Liar’s Month.
                      ya that's what i meant, ha.

labeling someone "brittle" doesn't sound like a real assessment by a professional GM to me
                      sounds more like something I would say here.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

So, news today is of CB Cam Dantzler. Ran his 40 at the combine at 4.62 but at his proday, which he apparently had his own today, he ran a 4.38.
                        I'm thinking he is somewhere in between. Figured he was faster than 4.62 but geez. And good for him.

I have to post this link, the Tweet thing dont work for me but there is video.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...749260800?s=19

Comment

• Silversurfer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Los Angeles
                          • Send PM

Tua at 6
                          Yup no need to trade up for him now that teams are scared to pick him. Lions willing to trade back from the #3 spot.

Comment

Working...
                          X