• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

It was a total gaff to proclaim powder blue primary with a huge propaganda campaign and positive feedback from fans...only to break out the powderblue unis for 4 games. lol
    They team always wears the whites for the hotter/warmer games. Who knows how the team will go about the uniform selection when they move into the new stadium.

I like seeing variety. Getting to see all the uniform sets. I don't want to be a team like the Vikings, Colts, or Chiefs who wear the same thing all the time. That gets boring.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

They team always wears the whites for the hotter/warmer games. Who knows how the team will go about the uniform selection when they move into the new stadium.

I like seeing variety. Getting to see all the uniform sets. I don't want to be a team like the Vikings, Colts, or Chiefs who wear the same thing all the time. That gets boring.
      They made a pretty big deal about the powder blues. Most fans thought they were going with them as the lead uniform. They added a couple more games with them because thats what the fans wanted. Not sure why they didnt think it through.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

They made a pretty big deal about the powder blues. Most fans thought they were going with them as the lead uniform. They added a couple more games with them because thats what the fans wanted. Not sure why they didnt think it through.
        The business and marketing department on the Chargers is utterly tone deaf and constantly doing stuff that just seems really at odds with building relationships with fans.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I recall an interview by the Spanos kids that it was one of the sons who thought of the idea of making the powder blues the primary jersey. It was a while ago, I don't know if it's still around.

In it, he said the reason for making the change was because the powder blue was the color the team started out with when the franchise was in LA the first time around. He said that their father, Dean, deferred these type of decisions to others who worked alongside him. The color was popular to the fans and even the players. I remember LT said he wish they would of done this when he was playing for the organization. I think the organization made the decision regardless of what people thought or clamored for.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
            I recall an interview by the Spanos kids that it was one of the sons who thought of the idea of making the powder blues the primary jersey. It was a while ago, I don't know if it's still around.

In it, he said the reason for making the change was because the powder blue was the color the team started out with when the franchise was in LA the first time around. He said that their father, Dean, deferred these type of decisions to others who worked alongside him. The color was popular to the fans and even the players. I remember LT said he wish they would of done this when he was playing for the organization. I think the organization made the decision regardless of what people thought or clamored for.
            The ownership has resisted on getting away from the Navy Blue primarily because it was Alex's idea to make them more raideresque. It never was about the fans for uni colors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Spani are IDIOTS( sorry to state the obvious)

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

The whites are awesome as well.

Comment

• boltedpride
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Just ordered a color rush royal blue Bosa jersey. I will be wearing it in Detroit on Sunday!

Comment

• marionbutts
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Former Football Player
                    • Send PM

Last year we were 6-1 with Whites
                    3-3 with the navy
                    2-0 with powder blue
                    1-0 with color rush.

Pretty obvious we had to get rid of the navy. Is the packer game a tribute to Alex Spanos?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍