Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Has Anyone Seen the Bolts at Arrowhead?

So...living in Illinois, I thought I might catch the Bolts in Chi-town this year...but might not be able to make it work.(Boring story) So...it will be 4 years before they play the Bears again...maybe as much as 3 to see the Colts again(unless we match division finishes)...and they would have to draw as away games at those stadiums...problematic, hard to predict...

But we play in Arrowhead EVERY year...it's about 5-6 hours driving... Not bad...but how would me and my teenage boy be treated wearing powder blues up in there? Are they fun rivals, the KC fans...or has anyone here had a bad experience? Just curious...thanks for any shared experiences.
    Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
    (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
    23. A. Mitchell WR
    37. K. Jenkins DT
    69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
    110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
    181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
    253. K. Vidal RB
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Some examples in here and it warms the heart......

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

it's been several years for me but i was there once and it was a great atmosphere. GO!!!!

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

"I can't handle it dude"
        haha

seriously, that was the best football moment for me last season.
        tear to my eye, literally
        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Arrowhead is the greatest smelling stadium parking lot ever. I was there for a Monday Night game, rained like hell and the Chargers lost on top of that.

Seriously, bring rain gear, even a trashbag to wear is the only advice I have. You will have a great time, KC fans are pretty cool.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Saw this game on TV. Arrowhead stadium 15 years ago. 60.000 crowd. 10:00 AM our time. The sky was sunny blue, the winds were calm. 5 F field temp. Chargers lost. It was a beautiful clear blue sky windless sunny day at Arrowhead stadium. 5F. Balls froze, the throwing ones too.
            Last edited by Caslon; 09-05-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Couple of stories from our trip there in '06 or '07;

First off, the KC fans were personable and very hospitable.

My son and I stayed in the team hotel and were there to welcome the team coming off the bus, kind of a cool experience. George Pernicano came back down to the lobby, he couldn't get his phone in his room to work so my son loaned him his cell phone so he could check in with his wife...something he did every road game and he had at that point attended every Charger game home and away in their history. The only person to do that. Saw him again later that night at the bar harmlessly flirting and laughing it up. Made me smile.

Saturday my son was coming down to the lobby to meet me. He got on the elevator in his LT jersey and a couple of locals were razzing him about LT, how he isn't going to be able to run against the Cheifs, yada, yada. The elevator stops on the second floor and a few people from the back get off including LT who turns around and gives Nick a wink before the doors close.

That night we had dinner with Hank Bauer and his radio partner Josh Lowin (sic), I have a story about Bauer but I'll think I better save that.

That night at 3:30 some knucklehead set off the hotel fire alarm, could have done without that.

KC fans know how to tailgate and were very welcoming. I did see something very weird though. There was one group in KC jerseys that were seated in folding chairs almost like a small wedding gathering with a center aisle and a guy facing them dressed like a pontiff speaking Latin I guess. Anyway every minute or so he'd say some gibberish and they'd all take a drink of beer.

Oh, and it was very cold, LT had a great game and the Charger won!

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Arlington, TX
                • Send PM

My Chargers game in Arrowhead story took place during week 3 of the 1998 season. After 20 years of fandom, I was finally getting to see my favorite team play in person. Man, was I pumped! Well...

It rained hard the entire game and a certain QB (who shall remain nameless) was1-for-15 for 4 yards and turned the ball over seven times, iirc (four fumbles and three interceptions). I was surrounded by a sea of red in my first ever live experience with the Chargers as we lost 23-7 in a game that wasn't even as close as the score.

Somewhere in a box in my garage is a game program from that day autographed by the "author of our destruction". I'm pretty sure that it may a one of kind "souvenir" as I was excited to see the rookie play and watched him all during the pregame festivities. The only other things that he autographed for anyone were two hats and a football. My program was the last thing he signed - after that he stopped signing things and generally ignored the fans.

Needless to say, my other Chargers live game experiences have been much better. In fact, that is the only Charger game that I have been to that we lost - my lifetime record so far is 7-1. I love it when the Chargers come to Texas! Still haven't seen a Chargers game in California yet though... someday...

To the question at hand, the fans were great. Sure, I got heckled quite a bit since we were getting stomped, but most of it was from my buddy from my college years (Chiefs fan) sitting right next to me. C'est la vie!

Comment

• SoDak Charger
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2014
                  • Send PM

I have attended two games at Arrowhead and the Chiefs fans were pretty cool each time. I also recommend rain gear of some sort, I was drenched both times. Co-incidentally, the Chargers lost both times, so I am staying away from any games in that neighborhood for a good while, just in case it was me that jinxed the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    So...living in Illinois, I thought I might catch the Bolts in Chi-town this year...but might not be able to make it work.(Boring story) So...it will be 4 years before they play the Bears again...maybe as much as 3 to see the Colts again(unless we match division finishes)...and they would have to draw as away games at those stadiums...problematic, hard to predict...

But we play in Arrowhead EVERY year...it's about 5-6 hours driving... Not bad...but how would me and my teenage boy be treated wearing powder blues up in there? Are they fun rivals, the KC fans...or has anyone here had a bad experience? Just curious...thanks for any shared experiences.
                    I have been to three Chargers games at Arrowhead, all in the late 2000s, all Chargers wins. Two of the games were in December like the game this year. On both occasions there was a cold, biting wind. Living in Illinois, that may not bother you that much, but I thought it was worth mentioning, especially since you anticipate your son being with you.

Every time I have been there I have found the Chiefs fans to be nice people as a group. There was never a problem with me wearing Chargers gear and I did so for all three games. I could cheer for the Chargers as much as I wanted without any adverse consequences. Like anywhere, I suppose there could be an issue if a visiting fan is an obnoxious knucklehead, but I have never personally seen anything like that at Arrowhead.

Even when the Chiefs were not very good during those years, their fans were loud and supportive for them. It is a good football atmosphere and my experiences were always positive.

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

We should save up to send chaincrusher to the KC game this year, so we keep his record intact ... he goes, we win

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                        We should save up to send chaincrusher to the KC game this year, so we keep his record intact ... he goes, we win
                        True, but KC was 10-38 combined and never better than 4-12 in any of those three seasons and we almost lost the 2008 game when the Chiefs were 2-14. We were down 21-3 in the 3rd quarter and needed and got an onside kick recovery to get the final possession that won the game for us. And even then, KC missed what would have been a game winning 50 yard FG at the end of the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍