• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Iron Man Philip Rivers

Sunday vs. the Colts will be Philip's 209th consecutive start moving him out of a tie with Peyton Manning to move into 3rd place and only 1 game behind Eli Manning to tie for 2nd place all time but still far behind Favre's 297 (220th including playoffs will be 2 behind Eli and 7 behind Peyton and 101 behind Favre).

I pray Trent Scott and this offensive line keeps him healthy this year!!
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Sunday vs. the Lions will be Philip's 210th consecutive start tying with Eli Manning to move into 2nd place and 87 (6 more seasons!) behind Favre's 297 (221st including playoffs will be 1 behind Eli and 6 behind Peyton and 100 behind Favre).

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

Sunday vs. the Texans will be Philip's 211th consecutive moving him past Eli Manning into 2nd place all alone and 86 (6 more seasons!) behind Favre's 297 (222nd including playoffs will be tied with Eli and 5 behind Peyton and 99 behind Favre).

Comment

• Big Dog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Something interesting to note on Rivers and that QB draft class:

Eli - done. He had nothing left, replaced as the starter and this is most likely his last year. And really he had been done for a year or two.

Ben - Even before the elbow surgery, Big Ben looks more like Fat Ben, he looked out of shape and 30-50 pounds over what his playing weight should be. Unlikely to play much longer.

Philip - Came into training camp looking ripped, bigger than in previous years but it looks like all muscle. I have been impressed by how "in-shape" and "on top of his game" he looks this year.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I believe PR is about 1200 yds passing behind Roethlisberger.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
            Something interesting to note on Rivers and that QB draft class:

Eli - done. He had nothing left, replaced as the starter and this is most likely his last year. And really he had been done for a year or two.

Ben - Even before the elbow surgery, Big Ben looks more like Fat Ben, he looked out of shape and 30-50 pounds over what his playing weight should be. Unlikely to play much longer.

Philip - Came into training camp looking ripped, bigger than in previous years but it looks like all muscle. I have been impressed by how "in-shape" and "on top of his game" he looks this year.
            Eli has been trash since the last time they won the Super Bowl. It seems like he doesn't give a crap about football and that "fire" to win has gone away. Same thing with Ben in a way. They may both not really care that much anymore since both got their rings.

Rivers is the opposite and still has the burning desire and motivation to win and wants to earn a ring before calling it quits.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Eli has been trash since the last time they won the Super Bowl. It seems like he doesn't give a crap about football and that "fire" to win has gone away. Same thing with Ben in a way. They may both not really care that much anymore since both got their rings.

Rivers is the opposite and still has the burning desire and motivation to win and wants to earn a ring before calling it quits.
              Rivers would play with the same passion if he had five rings already.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

PR wins where it counts the most.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  I believe PR is about 1200 yds passing behind Roethlisberger.
                  Rivers sat for 2 years behind Brees while Eli and Rapersburger were racking up #'s. Rivers has more TD's than both of them and since Rivers became a starter he has more yards than ANYONE except for Brees. More than Eli, Ben, Rodgers and Brady.

When they moved to L.A. and I saw Rivers in person at the StubHub draft party I was very impressed with how in shape Rivers was (that's where my avatar is from as security was pulling me away from getting the pic).

I know a lot of people think he'll retire to spend time with his kids but he has been playing for 15 years now and his kids are getting older and older, so why retire to spend more time with the youngest when you didn't spend more time with the oldest (and I think he spends a ton of time with the kids except for 2 days a year of road games x 10 ish).

I really hope Rivers plays longer than Brady or Brees and he has the capability of playing at least as long.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Sunday vs. the Dolphins will be Philip's 212th consecutive start and 85 consecutive starts behind Favre's all time record of 297 (including playoffs will be Rivers 223rd moving him past Eli all alone in 3rd all time, 4 behind Peyton and 98 behind Favre).

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Sunday 10/6/2019 vs. the Broncos will be Philip's 213th consecutive start and 84 consecutive starts behind Favre's all time record of 297 will break in 2024 (including playoffs will be Rivers 224th 3rd all time, 3 behind Peyton and 97 behind Favre, need a lot of playoff games for PR the next 5 years!).

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        Sunday 10/6/2019 vs. the Broncos will be Philip's 213th consecutive start and 84 consecutive starts behind Favre's all time record of 297 will break in 2024 (including playoffs will be Rivers 224th 3rd all time, 3 behind Peyton and 97 behind Favre, need a lot of playoff games for PR the next 5 years!).
                        Rivers will not be playing for 5 more years.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍