First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Watching some of the highlights again and it feels like some of the sacks could have been avoided if Rivers had a pocket to step up into.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Their ST sure helped us! 2 missed fgs, a missed extra point, a blocked punt, a penalty on a fg try that turned 3 points to 7 points for us.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Okay, so we won ugly. Yes, Rivers's pick was ugly, as was King's muffed punt return. But the ugliest of all was the breakdown by our defense. Below, Phillips (red) is in a decent position to make the tackle on Hilton, but is already overpursuing. He needs to slow down and tackle with control, instead of launching and whiffing, which he does. Davis also misses Hilton, who turns it into a TD. Total breakdown, and I'm surprised a vet like Davis was so lacking in fundamentals here:

image.png
        Rivers pick was not ugly. Unfortunate.... But not ugly. That was a 10 out of 10 football play by Hooker. Phenomenal catch. That is a damn good football team without Luck. Their defense will be top 10. Their O line is one of the best in the game right now.

Davis had some solid plays but his bad plays were critical.

Last edited by SuperCharged; 09-08-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Let's look at the offense. Nice hole for JJ (yellow) --good blocks by Feeney and Scho...Pouncey falls down. Great vision by JJ:

image.png

Here's Ekkie--huge hole by our line here:

image.png
          Let's look at pass pro. Pretty good pocket on a completion to KA:

image.png

On this play, pass pro not so good. Scott's getting beat here, but it was Feeney's man that sacked Rivers. (Feeney ended up on outside while Tevi is all alone)

image.png

And, this time, it's Scott who gets beat for the sack:

image.png

I think we better try Lamp at LT...seriously...

Lol been wanting them to try this for a good while now. Can't hurt

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

very grateful for the win.... feels good (for a change.... season opener wise).

we took homefield and held court, and while I give credit to team Tommy John for putting together/assembling this team/squad, really think AL deserves a mention as this team has become a (very) tough out.... last year his team exceeded my expectations by a win (put them @11-5 as my prognositication), and have already added a game (most in part to the absence of Luck) to my original 9-7 scrying for this season.

had the same thought that Ty Long deserves a game ball for holding court as well, and agree again that the Topcat analyses are much apprectiated.... thanx Cat.

helluvah play by Malik Hooker, and yes.... MW or him ??

another helluvah play by Drue Tranquill, albeit not ready to see him @WIL, let alone @MIKE ....do agree w/Jolt that he may be a viable candidate post AP @the hybrid LB/SS dimebacker position.

and put me in the give Thomas Davis the benefit of the doubt camp, albeit we do have both Kyzir and Jatavis that can spell him @WIL.... (have always been a proponent of playing MI @MIKE tho).

think our run D badly missed Denzel, and agree that don't see the reason to keep Adderly on the pine ??

sorry to see my peoples getting worked on, i.e. Mr Trent Scott and Facyson.

do think Brissett well outplayed my expectations for him, which weren't a whole heck of a lot.

and sorry to see the muffed punt by Desmond, albeit great kickoff return.... he is a valuable asset and hope he is ok.

very impressed w/Keenan as suspected the Colts might do more to shut him down, and glad we threw (even if it was an afterthought) the ball to Virgil (coupla few a game would be helpful me thinx.... keep 'em honest and reward his blocking prowess).

good to read that Tillery was earning a double team, and agree w/the gap control comments, albeit our board and FO continues to spout off about "modern football," and have a preference for the 305 lbs NT (prefer @least one 335 lbs variety, i.e. Danny Shelton style, and/or the upcoming Derrick Brown version).

looking ahead would prefer JJ to get @least half the ground game responsibilities if not more, and keep the emphasis on Ekeler in the short passing game.... would also say we dodged a bullet in the turnovers slip ups department, and.... have to say am continuing to cast a wary eye toward our strength and conditioning peoples ??

nice to be 1-0.... thank you AL & Teles.Co.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

My Analysis: that was a game the chargers lost for years. They now find ways to win where they used to be looking for defeat
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

More Scott woes: Muhammad blows by Scott and strips Rivers. Fortunately, the Bolts recovered the rock:

image.png

On our final, game-winning drive, Feeney can thank Rivers for his quick release, because this pass almost got tipped:

image.png

On that game-winning TD by Ekkie, GREAT blocks thrown by Feeney, Scho, Watt, Tevi, and Pouncey keeps his man occupied long enough to spring Ek. Give Ekkie credit for his vision and hitting the hole fast, then just enough of a cut to get into the EZ.

image.png

How about that blocked punt by Tranquill:

image.png

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Game was just too close for comfort. Glad we found a way to win but without Adam V missing those kicks it would have been a different story. Mack "the knife" cut through our D like softened butter and the O-line has to protect better. Not having Gordon didn't hurt us so far which is a plus and I love what Ekeler did in the pass game.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                    glutton for punishment
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    My Analysis: that was a game the chargers lost for years. They now find ways to win where they used to be looking for defeat
                    There is definitely that... and the difference has been the HC IMO. Only time will tell whether this was an anomaly or not with respect to our D getting completely gashed on the ground... but you can't be terribly optimistic based on that performance.... from a D perspective, that effort was pretty pathetic. That being said, people always seem to overreact after week 1. The Patriots are by far the best team in football IMO, and they will have several wins a year where they get played tough by an inferior team and find some way to win it in the end. Perhaps this was just that kind of win for the Bolts?... We are certainly going to find out. One thing is for sure though.... the loss of Derwin James was beyond damaging and causes a negative cascading effect across this D. I am worried that Gus is just not the right DC. He just doesn't seem to make any in-game adjustments. You had to know the Colts were going to come out and run the ball in the 2nd half based on their 1st half success on the ground... but the D looked woefully unprepared for power football. This D looks weak up the middle again... but perhaps we should just give a ton of credit to that Indy interior OL... because it certainly is a very good one. Eagerly waiting for next week to see if this D can make adjustments.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

There is definitely that... and the difference has been the HC IMO. Only time will tell whether this was an anomaly or not with respect to our D getting completely gashed on the ground... but you can't be terribly optimistic based on that performance.... from a D perspective, that effort was pretty pathetic. That being said, people always seem to overreact after week 1. The Patriots are by far the best team in football IMO, and they will have several wins a year where they get played tough by an inferior team and find some way to win it in the end. Perhaps this was just that kind of win for the Bolts?... We are certainly going to find out. One thing is for sure though.... the loss of Derwin James was beyond damaging and causes a negative cascading effect across this D. I am worried that Gus is just not the right DC. He just doesn't seem to make any in-game adjustments. You had to know the Colts were going to come out and run the ball in the 2nd half based on their 1st half success on the ground... but the D looked woefully unprepared for power football. This D looks weak up the middle again... but perhaps we should just give a ton of credit to that Indy interior OL... because it certainly is a very good one. Eagerly waiting for next week to see if this D can make adjustments.
                      They had rushing success in the first half? 2.7ypc....not sure but that isn't really succeasful IMO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

My favorite part of Pro Wrestling was always the locker room interviews...that's where it gets real.

AL post game speech in the locker room:
                        "We came out flat in the second half. We have got to learn to put people away."

Exactly.

AL post game presser said...

TScott is coming along. He got better as the game went on. Oh brother...coach speak. What I am trying like hell to be patient for. Hopefully TScott can learn how to be serviceable vs Justin Houston, Von Miller, Clelin Farrell soon.

One interesting nugget. AL says Ty Long is a good athlete...kicker, punter, thrower. Look for a fake punt sooner or later.
                        You don't know ball

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Question for those who watched on TV yesterday: Was the Enron call of no catch on the TD good? Live it looked like he caught it but it touched the ground slightly. They don't show replays in stadium. I thought it was a catch.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍