• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Thanks Wood, good points there. Our run blocking was outstanding. Pass pro, besides that bad streak by Scott, Feeney by my count just looking at the highlights, allowed one sack and at least one pressure. Here's the sack Feeney allowed, top half of screen:

image.png
    I thought Feeney played well. The sack came with Feeney sliding right to take on the opposite side defensive end rushing up field: not the typical tackle guard interaction.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
      Re-watching the game, Thomas Davis messed up more than just on the tackle on Hilton at the end of the game. He looks to be the one primarily responsible for giving up the 1st TD for Hilton as well and the Jack Doyle beat him badly at least twice with Brissett missing him one time and then connecting on the other time for a 20+ yards play. He was trailing Colts players on at least another 5 plays as well as they got by him in coverage.

He looks extremely slow. The strength of our defense last season was the speed of our LBs corps imo with Phillips, Brown and White all being quick to the ball.

Davis is going to be a major liability in coverage and he will get exposed even by lesser QBs like Stafford going forward imo. I'm not sure how he's an upgrade over Perryman who is probably equally bad in coverage but at least is a sure tackler and much more useful to stop the run.
      Why is TD assigned to cover a speedy WR like Hilton? I'd say give him another game or two, see if he needs to adjust to new team, players, scheme. He had 14 tackles, it wasn't ALL bad.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It was. He was easily the weakest link in our D. Not looking forward to getting gashed by DET.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          It was. He was easily the weakest link in our D. Not looking forward to getting gashed by DET.
          I think we win by double digits. I do not think we will be getting gashed at all. We shall see.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
            Re-watching the game, Thomas Davis messed up more than just on the tackle on Hilton at the end of the game. He looks to be the one primarily responsible for giving up the 1st TD for Hilton as well and the Jack Doyle beat him badly at least twice with Brissett missing him one time and then connecting on the other time for a 20+ yards play. He was trailing Colts players on at least another 5 plays as well as they got by him in coverage.

He looks extremely slow. The strength of our defense last season was the speed of our LBs corps imo with Phillips, Brown and White all being quick to the ball.

Davis is going to be a major liability in coverage and he will get exposed even by lesser QBs like Stafford going forward imo. I'm not sure how he's an upgrade over Perryman who is probably equally bad in coverage but at least is a sure tackler and much more useful to stop the run.
            Even Myles Jack "looked slow in coverage" on Sunday.

My projection is that Thomas Davis will settle in nicely in our defense.

Note: In DIME he was our one LB.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Even Myles Jack "looked slow in coverage" on Sunday.

My projection is that Thomas Davis will settle in nicely in our defense.

Note: In DIME he was our one LB.
              Yeah and why?? White is built for exactly that role. Weird.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Detroit also doesn't have the OL that the Colts do. I see more of a defensive battle this Sunday since I don't think the Lions DL will be as easily gashed.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Yeah and why?? White is built for exactly that role. Weird.
                  Experience.
                  Game One in the books.
                  Wait and see.
                  I project TDavis to do great things.
                  You don't know ball

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Detroit also doesn't have the OL that the Colts do. I see more of a defensive battle this Sunday since I don't think the Lions DL will be as easily gashed.
                    Few teams do. A fact that seems to be lost on a number of posters. Agreed on their DL and I expect our "running" game to consist of a lot of dump offs to Ek and JJ, because their LB's are very beatable.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 8.19.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 8.19.13 PM.png

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀