Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Need an OLine to win View Post
    How do I change my user name ?
    You contact a staffmember. What do you want it to be?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

there's no right or wrong, its all projecting the future so it isn't known. Nobody should object to either positive or negative comments, just say your peace and live happy, don't insist the world agree with you, the world will let you down. We vary between optimism and pessimism, not just from person to person but within each us from day to day. I was feeling that the OL would be a giant open canyon all 11 defenders would just run past 2 weeks ago. By a week ago, i tempered to expect that while they wouldn't be all pro, and would have some big lapses, they could probably execute enough plays to get a win - as we still got PR and he is a master and he does have some playmakers.

As to predictions - Sometimes players get better (especially younger players), sometimes units come together with greater cohesion, sometimes coaches learn to better tailor to what players do best, etc etc,

and sometimes ... not. lol. I sense AL can make the team get better as the year goes on ... but they aren't playing against a sofa - other teams will get better too.

i see an imperfect but talented team that can win the first 8 games, should win any particular single game we focus on, and I personally predict will win 6. They do need to get better by then as the back half will be a tougher test. we all saw some defects yesterday but thats a small sample size and I suspect Indy is better than we give them credit.

i hope Tillery, Tranquil and Adderly are all starting by then. I hope but have less hope that Okung is back. Im not going to push Pipkins though watching Scott I do wonder if its a dropoff. Would love if James is back by week 10 or 11, thats a stretch but who knows. I don't really care if MG comes back, he's not going to be a difference between W and L imo. Unless Eke or JJ get hurt, he could sub in as our third string backup RB as far as I'm concerned.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        there's no right or wrong, its all projecting the future so it isn't known. Nobody should object to either positive or negative comments, just say your peace and live happy, don't insist the world agree with you, the world will let you down. We vary between optimism and pessimism, not just from person to person but within each us from day to day. I was feeling that the OL would be a giant open canyon all 11 defenders would just run past 2 weeks ago. By a week ago, i tempered to expect that while they wouldn't be all pro, and would have some big lapses, they could probably execute enough plays to get a win - as we still got PR and he is a master and he does have some playmakers.

As to predictions - Sometimes players get better (especially younger players), sometimes units come together with greater cohesion, sometimes coaches learn to better tailor to what players do best, etc etc,

and sometimes ... not. lol. I sense AL can make the team get better as the year goes on ... but they aren't playing against a sofa - other teams will get better too.

i see an imperfect but talented team that can win the first 8 games, should win any particular single game we focus on, and I personally predict will win 6. They do need to get better by then as the back half will be a tougher test. we all saw some defects yesterday but thats a small sample size and I suspect Indy is better than we give them credit.

i hope Tillery, Tranquil and Adderly are all starting by then. I hope but have less hope that Okung is back. Im not going to push Pipkins though watching Scott I do wonder if its a dropoff. Would love if James is back by week 10 or 11, thats a stretch but who knows. I don't really care if MG comes back, he's not going to be a difference between W and L imo. Unless Eke or JJ get hurt, he could sub in as our third string backup RB as far as I'm concerned.
        MgIII adds a more physical aspect than either JJ or Eckler. A healthy and motivated MGIii for the second half and playoffs would be very useful. if he is on the team and good to go, you have to use him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

MgIII adds a more physical aspect than either JJ or Eckler. A healthy and motivated MGIii for the second half and playoffs would be very useful. if he is on the team and good to go, you have to use him.
          Agree. For as well as Ekeler and JJ played yesterday and will play going forward, Gordon is indeed a more physical runner. If he comes back, great, if he doesn't ....fine. He made his choice and feel we need a better run defense and OL play over having Gordon. But I'd love to have all three.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

agree.... the lone/main guy that can hurt us is Hockenson.... personally would deploy Kyzir against him and as his main responsibility.... take TJH outta the game.

also think Tillery can have a big game, given one thing.... would line Jones up over center all game and keep Ragnow occupied/busy as all get out.... don't let him operate in space/get to the second level.

another big key is to move Rayshawn to SS, start the Naz and move AP back to dimebacker.

they appear strong up the middle w/their IDL and MLB, and.... still think we can run on 'em w/JJ 'n Austin, and.... make sure DW gets a coupla few carries as well.

do think we're gonna be alright w/Kyzir and Thomas Davis @LB.

otherwise would stick to Chargers football.... feed Keenan and our RBs, and poke holes in 'em w/HH.

24-7 Chargers.

ps. want to give props to Bosa and Supa Mel.... invaluable assets that can't imagine any team/QB is looking forward to.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Any chance we see a different rotation in the middle of our D? Mebane has been ineffective for the past 2 years, Square isn't big enough to occupy two blockers,
              Plus, Square is slow and weak. He doesn't get double-teamed, and he doesn't win one-on-one matchups against the OL.

Mebane is 34. Nose tackles don't hold up well the older they are.

One of those guys should take a backseat. At some point it needs to be Cortez Broughton time.

Comment

• Protect17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

You contact a staffmember. What do you want it to be?
                Protect 17 my old name on CMB years ago

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Need an OLine to win View Post

Protect 17 my old name on CMB years ago
                  Copy

Comment

• Protect17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Copy
                    Fantastic site Thankyou !!!!

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect 17 View Post

Fantastic site Thankyou !!!!
                      That means a lot to me man. Thank you very much.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        agree.... the lone/main guy that can hurt us is Hockenson.... personally would deploy Kyzir against him and as his main responsibility.... take TJH outta the game.

also think Tillery can have a big game, given one thing.... would line Jones up over center all game and keep Ragnow occupied/busy as all get out.... don't let him operate in space/get to the second level.

another big key is to move Rayshawn to SS, start the Naz and move AP back to dimebacker.

they appear strong up the middle w/their IDL and MLB, and.... still think we can run on 'em w/JJ 'n Austin, and.... make sure DW gets a coupla few carries as well.

otherwise would stick to Chargers football.... feed Keenan and our RBs, and poke holes in 'em w/HH.

24-7 Chargers.

ps. want to give props to Bosa and Supa Mel.... invaluable assets that can't imagine any team/QB is looking forward to.
                        Golladay? :dunno: He's by far their most talented player currently on that offense.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

24-7 Chargers.

kyzir was gaining on Mack on his break away td run. Mack is a 4.50 guy. Kyzer faster than his time.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍