• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

We went to OT against a team playing with brisket who is really a good backup quality QB similar to T. Taylor.....

biggest issue is this team has shown once again that not playing starters in pre season means we start the =season having no clue how to tackle....... that was also true in most ofd the other games....

Colts have a great OL but our talking still sucks like it did last year...... most of our LBers are far too small to stuff the run.....Kiser is a S playing LBer......so is brown..... last year, James who is a huge safety was visually our biggest and strongest defender not playing on the DL...... he also hit harder and tackled better than our LBers who are too small...... Davis was good at stuffing run when he was in there, but he is not SEAU.....or Lewis, he cannot do it all.....

when all the teams made their cuts, most teams picked of any players that could help.... still cannot believe there were no OL worth grabbing...... also can't tell me that chargers would not have been better off trading with MIA for Tunsil....... 2 very late number 1's is a small price to play foe a stud young LT......

I doubt Okung will ever play again.... his life is too important to risk his health.....

Gordon should have been traded...... not for a number 1, that would never happen, but for a solid OL....... that was possible..... and would have helped the team.....

I think the backs we have now use their blocking b better than gordon....... and our run blocking is improved.....

Remember the chargers team that went too SB?..... no one could run on that team....... even the donkeys who had a 2000 yard rusher would throw on short yardage plays because with Seau and company they would not allow anyone to run...... THAT is what kept us in all those games so we could come back and win in second halves......

But if you cannot stop the run it opens up both the run and the pass and wears out your defense sop they end up not being able to stop anything......

If the colts had won the toss in OT, they would have won the game...... we could not stop them at all........ imagine what the chiefs or NE will do too us...... I'm not sure we can stop the raiders?

We should dominate DET because stafford is a poclket QB who makes bad decisions and is inconsistent with accuracy..... we should be able to pressure him....... but can we stop DET from running???
    I call bullshit. But since you brought it up, when and who?

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

It is ridiculous that they are playing White at MLB after the promise he showed at the WILL last season. Davis is old and slow. I agree with LoneBolt... Nwosu, Perryman and White... with Tranquill developing and Davis as depth.
      LMFBO. Dude had 14 fucking tackles and he's "old and slow"? :smh:

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

We went to OT against a team playing with brisket who is really a good backup quality QB similar to T. Taylor.....

biggest issue is this team has shown once again that not playing starters in pre season means we start the =season having no clue how to tackle....... that was also true in most ofd the other games....

Colts have a great OL but our talking still sucks like it did last year...... most of our LBers are far too small to stuff the run.....Kiser is a S playing LBer......so is brown..... last year, James who is a huge safety was visually our biggest and strongest defender not playing on the DL...... he also hit harder and tackled better than our LBers who are too small...... Davis was good at stuffing run when he was in there, but he is not SEAU.....or Lewis, he cannot do it all.....

when all the teams made their cuts, most teams picked of any players that could help.... still cannot believe there were no OL worth grabbing...... also can't tell me that chargers would not have been better off trading with MIA for Tunsil....... 2 very late number 1's is a small price to play foe a stud young LT......

I doubt Okung will ever play again.... his life is too important to risk his health.....

Gordon should have been traded...... not for a number 1, that would never happen, but for a solid OL....... that was possible..... and would have helped the team.....

I think the backs we have now use their blocking b better than gordon....... and our run blocking is improved.....

Remember the chargers team that went too SB?..... no one could run on that team....... even the donkeys who had a 2000 yard rusher would throw on short yardage plays because with Seau and company they would not allow anyone to run...... THAT is what kept us in all those games so we could come back and win in second halves......

But if you cannot stop the run it opens up both the run and the pass and wears out your defense sop they end up not being able to stop anything......

If the colts had won the toss in OT, they would have won the game...... we could not stop them at all........ imagine what the chiefs or NE will do too us...... I'm not sure we can stop the raiders?

We should dominate DET because stafford is a poclket QB who makes bad decisions and is inconsistent with accuracy..... we should be able to pressure him....... but can we stop DET from running???
        Lighten up Francis. It's the first game of the season. The sky isn't falling and things will get better.

Brissett is a better QB than Tyrod.

Back when we went to a SB, it was a different game than it is today but yes, being better against the run would be nice. Need to get Perryman back for one.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yep...old and slow...didn't say he sucked...he knows his stuff, and knew where to be to make the tackles...but in coverage and pursuit he was a lot slower than he used to be...and a good team will expose that. I think a healthy Perryman with White will be a more athletic combination...I would also like to see the rook get worked in...see what we have there. Don't get me wrong...I think Davis was a good pickup...having reliable experience to bolster the depth of our LB corp wasn't a bad move...I just want our other backers to play into the starting positions, so Davis is a backup by seasons end.
          Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
          (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
          23. A. Mitchell WR
          37. K. Jenkins DT
          69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
          110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
          181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
          253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Without Davis we'd be starting Wilson in the middle, like against NE. Did he even make the PS?

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I just rewatched the game, and Davis's poor angles and tackling lead directly to 2 TD's. 1st game? Maybe. New team and system? Maybe. But he needs to step up after that game IMO.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yep...old and slow...didn't say he sucked...he knows his stuff, and knew where to be to make the tackles...but in coverage and pursuit he was a lot slower than he used to be...and a good team will expose that. I think a healthy Perryman with White will be a more athletic combination...I would also like to see the rook get worked in...see what we have there. Don't get me wrong...I think Davis was a good pickup...having reliable experience to bolster the depth of our LB corp wasn't a bad move...I just want our other backers to play into the starting positions, so Davis is a backup by seasons end.
                "Old and slow" players don't make 14 tackles in a game. Spin it however you want.

And I guarantee he'd smoke a "healthy" Perryman in a foot race.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I just rewatched the game, and Davis's poor angles and tackling lead directly to 2 TD's. 1st game? Maybe. New team and system? Maybe. But he needs to step up after that game IMO.
                  This. Ready for Tranquill.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I won't argue poor angles, as he definitely had a couple. I haven't had a chance to re-watch it yet, but I do recall a play where a TE (?) leaked out late and he was slow to recognize it and was playing catch up after the guy sprinted by as Davis had to spin around and chase him. There's definitely some room for improvement moving forward, but this "old and slow" narrative is BS.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Davis is our only true LBer who does not get routinely run over by OL, RB's, TE's, WR's...... our other LB's are too small(some were ex safeties) and for smaller quicker guys they do not cover well.....

anyone notice how the colt OL knocked Ingram airborne?...... and pushed around our DT's..... I don't remember seeing Tillery in the game?

anyone notice how big and fast the new raiders are?...... they dominated denver's defense and the raiders defense swarmed the running game...... they may lose the game but they are definitely going to hit mahomes hard a few times this week.......

Comment

• El_Tee
                        I’m No Noob
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Disney World, FL
                        • Send PM

It's amazing to read some of the posts.

We won a game against a very good team. A team that many experts predicted will make the playoffs while we miss them. And these are predictions AFTER Luck retired.

So sit down, stay in your lane and watch this thing unfold.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                          It's amazing to read some of the posts.

We won a game against a very good team. A team that many experts predicted will make the playoffs while we miss them. And these are predictions AFTER Luck retired.

So sit down, stay in your lane and watch this thing unfold.
                          Who the hell predicted the Colts without Luck to make the playoffs and for the Chargers to not? I
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍